[KSP 1.4.2] Play Your Way [1.0.7]

Galileo

ORQGFKC.jpg

Current version is v1.0.7

Play Your Way frees up your imagination to explore the way you see fit. That,s not all, though! Play Your Way also rewards you with REP and pays you FUNDS based on any science points you accumulate while you explore.

Also, how much you get paid is completely up to you!

Want to get paid 1,000 FUNDS for every science point you collect? You got it! 500 REP for every science point you collect? Go for it! Just make the necessary changes in the cfg.

So, basically, you get paid whatever you want for doing whatever you want!

This can either make the game really hard or really easy, depending on how you set your cfg.

Default Settings are:

1000 Funds for every science point

1 Rep for every science point

Download and install Contract Configurator to pick and choose which contracts you want to spawn.

ENJOY!

Download

Source

This is basically a continuation of @Ippos ScienceFunding but with a few tweaks. This mod retains the same license as ScienceFunding.

License: Public domain

Edited by Galileo

27 minutes ago, Li0n said:

Nice idea. Sounds like a good middle ground between Science and Career mode. How are the default number balanced against a stock career ? Harder or easier ? Subjective subject I know.

Easier I would say.  In career your funds earned from missions varies.  It could be a little,  it could be a lot.  With this mod not only would you get funds for completing a mission,  but you will also gets funds for each science point you collect.  So say you collect 25 Science points, with the default settings you will be paid 25k funds and receive 25 rep.  Now,  you can of course lower or raise this number to meet your needs. 

12 minutes ago, Noname115 said:

Sounds interesting, albeit a little cheaty IMO.

It is what you make it 

Edited by Galileo

This may be the mod I've been looking for since career mode was introduced.

edit: My actual dream career would be the game recognizing recent accomplishments (orbiting, landing, etc.) and rewarding you with reputation.  That reputation would translate into periodic income.  Do nothing for an extended period and your reputation would decay.

This might not be exactly that, but along with a periodic budget mod, I might be able to get somewhere close.

Edited by klgraham1013

6 hours ago, Noname115 said:

Sounds interesting, albeit a little cheaty IMO.

Well, the stock contracts can get quite ridiculous. Especially the ones asking you to test a parachute on an escape trajectory out of Jool. I don't understand those, like, at all.

@Galileo, this looks interesting.  I like collecting science more than I like performing contracts, but I don't like that science mode completely removes funding from the game.  This might be the solution.  I'll have to give it a try the next time I start up a new game.

I got a contract to eject a class E asteroid from the solar system - that I will keep. 

I like the idea though - it will especially help with upscaled careers. Rocket costs go up very quickly when you need to put 100 tons into orbit, needing 8+ km/s of delta-v to do so. The normal contract rewards don't cut it for interplanetary missions and hacking funds rewards also messes up facility upgrade costs. 

Edited by MaxL_1023

This is what I've needed.  After completing the Tech Tree, there's no motivation to collect Science.  This mod will cure that.  I reduced the Funds per Science ratio to 1 Science yields 200 Funds and 1 Rep.  I'm keeping contracts as well.

10 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

Anyone know if there's a 1.2 compatible mod that provides periodic Kerbal salaries rather than absurd ever increasing hiring costs?

I'm pretty trp hiring does it,  or roster manager might too,  but I could be wrong 

6 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

Roster manager has salaries and Kerbal lifespan (which is kind of awesome), but still keeps the hiring costs which makes me sad.

I could have sworn TRP-Hiring had what you are looking for.  I know they have hiring costs but the way they are calculated was different and the hiring costs weren't raised exponentially or however stock does it.  Like I said I am probably wrong and haven't actually played in a long time so I'm kinda put of the loop 

Just now, Galileo said:

I could have sworn TRP-Hiring had what you are looking for.  I know they have hiring costs but the way they are calculated was different and the hiring costs weren't raised exponentially or however stock does it.  Like I said I am probably wrong and haven't actually played in a long time so I'm kinda put of the loop 

TRP seemed to mainly be Kerbal creation.  I'll look again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.