KSP Weekly: Jeb’s adventures around the world and more!

SQUAD

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:33 AM, SQUAD said:

Some interesting findings have been that,  the UK ‘Tea’ key is working but the crumpet key is missing, all four X’s on the Australian layout are present, and the Canadian layout correctly swaps the R and H keys. The US layout now types ‘#1’ with every press, the Latin American layout has beaten everyone at office football, and tests of the Dvorak layouts efficiency in KSP have been inconclusive.

A lot of us Aussies would prefer the VB keys rather than the XXXX keys...

However, I will just have to remember to bring the butter along on the flights when the crumpet key is finally found. Re-Entry should toast them really well...

Regards Icemanau

8 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

I know but I see it way too much on KSP(former devnotes) weekly that it's becoming a routine thing...

Everytime I read further into these threads theres always too much anger thats been forced out here which is kind-of pathetic and puts pressure on Squad who are actually doing a fine job at that.

They may be doing a fine job on the PC build but you have obviously not played on console.  Most of the anger I have seen has been from console users because the game is completely unplayable on console.  If I had downloaded a free beta (or alpha) I would not be upset about it being so broken, but this is not the case.  I paid full price for what is STILL being advertised as a finished game, which it is FAR from.  And I don't think its too much to ask for either some news about a plan for fixing it, or a way to get a PC copy to play until it is fixed.  "Getting along" does not mean agreeing with everything, and if you compare this forum to countless others on the internet I would say this is one of the least angry environments out there.  Most of us have simply been voicing our opinions without attacking anyone or getting mean with each other.  I would call that "getting along". 

1 hour ago, mibo22 said:

They may be doing a fine job on the PC build but you have obviously not played on console.  Most of the anger I have seen has been from console users because the game is completely unplayable on console.

Strange since I heard they were fixing bugs and it was ready to run before the console edition was released. Remind me not to watch Scott Manley's videos too much.

1 hour ago, mibo22 said:

If I had downloaded a free beta (or alpha) I would not be upset about it being so broken, but this is not the case.  I paid full price for what is STILL being advertised as a finished game, which it is FAR from.  And I don't think its too much to ask for either some news about a plan for fixing it, or a way to get a PC copy to play until it is fixed.

I see why everyone seems to get angry about the console thing. Hopefully it will be announced soon after a year of being quiet...

1 hour ago, mibo22 said:

"Getting along" does not mean agreeing with everything, and if you compare this forum to countless others on the internet I would say this is one of the least angry environments out there.  Most of us have simply been voicing our opinions without attacking anyone or getting mean with each other.  I would call that "getting along". 

What I meant was to settle the differences and move on, but that thought is long gone now.

Unfortunately, i'm not able to tell the emotions behind a wall of text that the person is writing. I assume the emotions by the use of punctuation and words which is why I thought people were going bonkers. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

3 minutes ago, Scientia1423 said:

Strange since I heard they were fixing bugs and it was ready to run before the console edition was released. Remind me not to watch Scott Manley's videos too much.

I see why everyone seems to get angry about the console thing. Hopefully it will be announced soon after a year of being quiet...

What I meant was to settle the differences and move on, but that thought is long gone now.

Unfortunately, i'm not able to tell the emotions behind a wall of text that the person is writing. I assume the emotions by the use of punctuation and words which is why I thought people were going bonkers. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Flying tiger is in charge of console development, last I heard. There is no update. There hasn't been since launch. We are tired of waiting. They are secretive about development, and that just makes it worse. Do you see our frustration? We don't want to be kept in the dark for any longer. From my understanding, they would tell Squad of progress, and Squad would tell us. Clearly, this isn't happening, as evidenced by the inherent lack of information. We just want to know what's happening.

3 hours ago, Icemanau said:

A lot of us Aussies would prefer the VB keys rather than the XXXX keys...

However, I will just have to remember to bring the butter along on the flights when the crumpet key is finally found. Re-Entry should toast them really well...

Regards Icemanau

Hmmm, that might work really well. Porous substrate loaded with a low melting solid. Surface butter chars and flakes away to be replaced by new butter from within the crumpet.

Edible heatshields - how very kerbal. :)

1 hour ago, GhostLeadZach said:

Flying tiger is in charge of console development, last I heard. There is no update. There hasn't been since launch. We are tired of waiting. They are secretive about development, and that just makes it worse. Do you see our frustration? We don't want to be kept in the dark for any longer. From my understanding, they would tell Squad of progress, and Squad would tell us. Clearly, this isn't happening, as evidenced by the inherent lack of information. We just want to know what's happening.

Rest in peace, console players.

Why don't you write an email to Flying Tiger to actually see what's going on? If there's no response within a month then console is dead. Unless that has already been done...

39 minutes ago, Scientia1423 said:

Why don't you write an email to Flying Tiger to actually see what's going on? If there's no response within a month then console is dead. Unless that has already been done...

I don't email incompetent "game developers." Squad should take over, at least they actually know what they're doing.

43 minutes ago, Scientia1423 said:

Besides, I'm sure many others have done that. It would be useless.

20 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

A few people have done this already and posted FTs response on another thread.  According to FT they gave the new build to Squad months ago to be approved and released.  I don't really believe this is true because other than the lack of communication and state of the console build, Squad has IMO done a pretty good job so far and I don't see them having a fix and just sitting on it for no reason.

22 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

Not sure exactly what you mean by this and I don't want to assume because we all know what that leads to....

22 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

Yeah, this is definitely the main reason for a lot of discussions becoming heated.  Especially in a group where a lot of people have very sarcastic senses of humor.....myself included.        :/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.