[1.9.X]Aircraft Carrier Accessories

flywlyx

1 hour ago, flywlyx said:

OLS could extend to 10KM now, adjust the size with tweakable scale will affect the distance, I am still testing it. 

Display the degree is a good idea, or have a color/visual indicator to help identify which range you are in.

It seems that the OLS Range is tied to the actual scale of the object, as i only get about 2.5 km out of it now (which would match up sense i made the MM file to scale it down to 25 percent of the original size to fit on the Heisenberg runway pieces) would it be possible to have those two elements (physical size and range) separate from each other as far as tweakscale is concerned, 

2 hours ago, Grease1991 said:

It seems that the OLS Range is tied to the actual scale of the object, as i only get about 2.5 km out of it now (which would match up sense i made the MM file to scale it down to 25 percent of the original size to fit on the Heisenberg runway pieces) would it be possible to have those two elements (physical size and range) separate from each other as far as tweakscale is concerned, 

Right click the runway light(which is the body of OLS), you should be able to enlarge and toggle it.

2 hours ago, flywlyx said:

Right click the runway light(which is the body of OLS), you should be able to enlarge and toggle it.

I should have clarified that i have moved the slider to 10 in the editor, but since i have it scaled down due to the size of the runway size, and it only shows up 2.5 km away from the carrier, again which makes sense cause 2.5 km is a quarter of the size of the original, and that what i reduced it by, 

but the actual part for the OLS should have a Scale/Size to it that is different than the starting range of the guidance element. 

7 minutes ago, Grease1991 said:

I should have clarified that i have moved the slider to 10 in the editor, but since i have it scaled down due to the size of the runway size, and it only shows up 2.5 km away from the carrier, again which makes sense cause 2.5 km is a quarter of the size of the original, and that what i reduced it by, 

but the actual part for the OLS should have a Scale/Size to it that is different than the starting range of the guidance element. 

It is cheaper to make it this way, Calculating the distance of all loaded vessel is going to cost a lot more resource.

Maybe I should tie it to the activated vessel to provide a better performance at this point.

1 minute ago, flywlyx said:

It is cheaper to make it this way, Calculating the distance of all loaded vessel is going to cost a lot more resource.

Maybe I should tie it to the activated vessel to provide a better performance at this point.

that would be cool too, maybe like a mech-jeb like module that compares it's distance to the OLS on your carrier, or something like that, that way you don't have to worry about non-carrier craft. if you did go the extra part route, maybe allow it to set waypoints to the carrier you want to land at?

7 minutes ago, Grease1991 said:

that would be cool too, maybe like a mech-jeb like module that compares it's distance to the OLS on your carrier, or something like that, that way you don't have to worry about non-carrier craft. if you did go the extra part route, maybe allow it to set waypoints to the carrier you want to land at?

Like only plane with tail hook can trigger the OLS? That sounds good to me. Since there is no need for a VTOL to take care of the OLS, right?

12 minutes ago, flywlyx said:

Like only plane with tail hook can trigger the OLS? That sounds good to me. Since there is no need for a VTOL to take care of the OLS, right?

yeah that actually makes more sense then my idea, cause the only crafts that really need the ols are like you said the ones aiming for the wires

So after a bit of poking around a looking at the souce code for the catapult it seems like the reason it does not accept the Adjustable Landing Gear and others like the B9 Gear from the B9 aerospace legacy pack is because the catapult only looks for the stock modulewheelbase, and ALG and B9 gear use KSPwheelBase, so if there is a chance that could be added to the code that would be awesome cause i don't ever use the stock landing gear.

Edit: I see this is already a issue sorry about that.

Edited by Grease1991

3 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

@flywlyx What is the 'force ratio' and 'cable preload' on the tiedown parts? (What does it do?)

Force ratio is not valid at this moment,  cable preload is how much force the cable is going to pull your vessel.

23 hours ago, Giancarlo Kerman said:

I am having a problem using this mod cause all i can find is the Enterprise pod and no other parts from this mod

please help soon, i want to use this to its fullest Asap

Check if you could use the .craft file, if not, it is highly possible you install the folder in the wrong location, KFC should under gamedata folder.

Just now, flywlyx said:

Force ratio is not valid at this moment,  cable preload is how much force the cable is going to pull your vessel.

Okay so that's what I figured but I wanted to be sure. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

Okay so that's what I figured but I wanted to be sure. Thanks!

You are welcome, the force ratio is going to change to cable preload soonTM, I will update a function for tiedown to link to any vessel(doesn't have fixedpoint). Does this sounds good to you?

1 minute ago, flywlyx said:

You are welcome, the force ratio is going to change to cable preload soonTM, I will update a function for tiedown to link to any vessel(doesn't have fixedpoint). Does this sounds good to you?

I don't mind having the fixed point parts personally. But I guess having that extra function without adding parts on all the time will be nice too.

SM Marine LCAC, SM AFVs Humvee, and Aircraft Carrier Accessories Tiedowns:

yLS479x.jpg

@flywlyx

what about a retractable towbar of sorts that operate just for the catapult, kinda like the tailhook, but for the catapult?

the advantage of this would be that it would open of different landing gear setups instead of the standard trike that most go with, 

3 hours ago, Grease1991 said:

@flywlyx

what about a retractable towbar of sorts that operate just for the catapult, kinda like the tailhook, but for the catapult?

the advantage of this would be that it would open of different landing gear setups instead of the standard trike that most go with, 

ALG is supported, it is not as stable as stock parts, please test and let me know your feed back.

@flywlyx

The two lauches i've done so far both worked fine, the only weird thing is that it kinda joggles the front wheel around a bit right before it actually grabs it, and then with my plane that i was launching (i'll have to try a different one just to make sure) the wheel ends up being a little bit off the ground when it's grabbed by the catapult, 

Other than that it worked just as well as it did with the stock wheels

EDIT 1: the lifting of the wheel is only on my MM file rescaled version of the catapult, it doesn't happen on the un-rescaled one. also the jerky ness is about the same as with the stock wheels, so it's just my MM patch causing those issues,

Edited by Grease1991

@flywlyx   I'm loading a carrier deck but when I first tried to set sail, all the aircraft were shifting. I'm a huge fan of tie downs because they certainly solved the problem.  One issue though that you might not have noticed - if you tie down an aircraft, return to KSP, and then come back "in game" it seem physics easing or a collider effect was destroying aircraft every time.  I finally found a work around by installing KJR, but do you know of a way to keep this from happening with out using joint reinforcement?

Daytime Carrier Deck

Edited by EchoDriver
Album no worky

7 hours ago, EchoDriver said:

@flywlyx   I'm loading a carrier deck but when I first tried to set sail, all the aircraft were shifting. I'm a huge fan of tie downs because they certainly solved the problem.  One issue though that you might not have noticed - if you tie down an aircraft, return to KSP, and then come back "in game" it seem physics easing or a collider effect was destroying aircraft every time.  I finally found a work around by installing KJR, but do you know of a way to keep this from happening with out using joint reinforcement?

Album 0wK9FmG will appear when post is submitted

It works fine on my test plane(stock plane). Have you try reduce the preload to 0? Or if you can update a gif have more details about how it is destroyed?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.