New to Forums, I'll take any help, Specialties in Aircraft +Carriers

theAvenGuard

Hey everyone,

I'm glad to finally join the forums! Here's a bit about me:

Total aviation buff, only play planes in KSP. (i suck at rockets lel)

I have an Aircraft Carrier series going right now, and I need more support to keep it going. I think it's really neat myself. 

Please check me out/give feedback! I'm happy to join!

Channel: youtube.com/user/theavenguard

Edited by theAvenGuard
topic name change

I make planes probably 85% of the time. I think I should make a carrier though.

The main issue is size. I think I'll have a deck of mk3 parts on their sides. Hopefully I can design an elevator mechanism to move the jets from hanger to deck.

Then of course there's speed, range, and propulsion. The options are basically:

Jet: use goliath engines to generate thrust.

Nuclear electric fan: use a big fan to generate thrust, infinite range thanks to nuclear power. Problems with takeoff, landings, and overcoming water friction.

Aquatic nuclear electric prop: has problems with rotational drag.

Geared outboard motor: most difficult. Uses electrical power and very tough gears to spin a propeller underwater, generating lots of thrust. Gears must be incredibly strong and stay intermeshed.

11 hours ago, Pds314 said:

I make planes probably 85% of the time. I think I should make a carrier though.

The main issue is size. I think I'll have a deck of mk3 parts on their sides. Hopefully I can design an elevator mechanism to move the jets from hanger to deck.

Then of course there's speed, range, and propulsion. The options are basically:

Jet: use goliath engines to generate thrust.

Nuclear electric fan: use a big fan to generate thrust, infinite range thanks to nuclear power. Problems with takeoff, landings, and overcoming water friction.

Aquatic nuclear electric prop: has problems with rotational drag.

Geared outboard motor: most difficult. Uses electrical power and very tough gears to spin a propeller underwater, generating lots of thrust. Gears must be incredibly strong and stay intermeshed.

Check out my videos, they are relatively successful in accomplishing Aircraft Carrier (the unreleased ones are even better) I'll respond to a couple things I find:

Deck: I personally prefer using structural panels at 400% as they're more durable and mean you can customize deck height, angle, and size. I dislike the mk3 because they are too floaty and means you rely on for bouancy with their bulky size.

Propulsion: just use the Goliath. They mean fewer parts (which is crucial to avoid lag) and have very helpful reverse thrust to slow down in water. (needed to go to space center/save) I find I can get my carriers up to 70m/s with the goliath. 

youtube.com/user/theAvenGuard

4 hours ago, theAvenGuard said:

Check out my videos, they are relatively successful in accomplishing Aircraft Carrier (the unreleased ones are even better) I'll respond to a couple things I find:

Deck: I personally prefer using structural panels at 400% as they're more durable and mean you can customize deck height, angle, and size. I dislike the mk3 because they are too floaty and means you rely on for bouancy with their bulky size.

Propulsion: just use the Goliath. They mean fewer parts (which is crucial to avoid lag) and have very helpful reverse thrust to slow down in water. (needed to go to space center/save) I find I can get my carriers up to 70m/s with the goliath. 

youtube.com/user/theAvenGuard

The main appeal of nuclear-electric is range, not speed.