Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2 is live!

UomoCapra

46 minutes ago, Rayden said:

Perhaps it's this "terrain seams" bug is not on all platforms.  I see it in Linux (Ubuntu 14.04) 64-bit.  I know it's not a memory problem because I got 32 GB of RAM in my machine.

It's there on Win7 x64 as well. I don't think this would have anything to do with the amount of installed memory (unless KSP refuses to even start).

15 minutes ago, SkyRender said:

I was really hoping that rovers would be fixed so they can actually be driven in any frame of reference again instead of only when your control point is facing the horizon.  Not everyone drives rovers with a seat attached, you know!

Install a docking port and choose "control from here".

1 minute ago, Red Iron Crown said:

@Qwarkk Almost surely an incompatible mod, never seen anything like that in stock. 

Agreed.

4 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

It's extremely likely that those plugins still work, just ignore the version warnings. 

It's also good practice to backup your modded installs somewhere outside of Steam, and turn off automatic updates for the game. 

Just for the record: In my install the only mod that has been broken is the Editor Extension Redux. ( http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/127378-121-editor-extensions-redux-released-with-selectroot-merge-stripsymmetry-nooffsetlimits)

4 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

It's extremely likely that those plugins still work, just ignore the version warnings. 

Editor extension redux is not working in 1.2.2

Ninja'd above.

Edited by Majorjim!

2 hours ago, Terwin said:

Good to see duplicate kerbal names will no longer cause problems.

Is this for all places the names are generated, including manually entered names in the kerbal generator(cheat menu)?

Funny enough, the only place there was duplicate checking in 1.2.1 was the cheat menu.  It'll now prevent duplicates for all places that Kerbals can be generated (in stock that's just the Astronaut Complex and rescue contracts).

3 hours ago, DevonKiwi said:

One change not mentioned (I think).  Key binding for Kerbals' helmet lights changed from 'L' to 'U'.

Did they finally change that?  It's been a standard change on my settings for so long, I'd forgotten it wasn't stock.

5 hours ago, DevonKiwi said:

One change not mentioned (I think).  Key binding for Kerbals' helmet lights changed from 'L' to 'U'.

Ohh yess this was changed already in 1.2.1 so i think thats why it's not mentioned in 1.2.2 patchnotes anymore. Also for me it's been standard custom setting so long that i forgot this is stock too :D

" * Change default eva light binding to not clash with translate left. "

Edited by Murdox

46 minutes ago, GhostLeadZach said:

Yeah, what of it?

... The console version status of this game is uncertain. The PC players are getting patches, communication, and updates. We console players are part of this community. So when you say "Yeah, what of it?", please be specific about what you mean...

Edited by Floby

8 hours ago, Azimech said:

Sorry guys, I'm not angry but not happy either. I respect all your hard work but ...

For the first time in 4 years I'm disappointed. I have no reason at all to install 1.2.2.

Looking through the bug fixes, from what I understand they're pretty minor. There are other big gameplay breaking issues like missing rover wheel action groups, the Claw has resource transfer broken, both since 1.2. And there's the ModuleEnginesFX <--> AudioFX problem since version 1.0.

Why not work a month or two longer and make a big list of bug fixes, IMHO this one is tiny.

Also, issues I've reported in the past have disappeared from my profile, and I've heard this complaint from other people too.

Community, what about a voting system, which bugs should be solved first? Shall we open a new topic for this? Maybe it helps if Squad can give an estimate how much resources is needed for every problem, some are more difficult and costly than others.

A voting system might actually free up some resources, Squad. It will probably reduce complaining from the community as well.

You know, that is one of the best ideas I've heard in a long time. I installed 1.2.0 because it was cool and all, but not all my mods are even compatible with 1.2 yet. The bug fixes in 1.2.1 and now 1.2.2 are so minor, it doesn't seem to me to be worth the 5 minutes or so it takes to install a new update of KSP. I still do the vast majority of my building in 1.1.3, a version that has so far served very well for my purposes. I think a forum voting system is an excellent idea. 

6 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

The only thing the Community can agree on these days is Squad isn't fixing that Community member's personal "most important" bug. The only thing nobody in the Community can agree on is which bug that is.

Also, a bug being annoying and a bug being fixable are different things. I'd rather Squad fix 100 easily fixable bugs that I don't personally suffer from (but ohters do) than spend all their time on 3 bugs I care about (but nobody else does).

Okay first I have seen practically nobody who suffered from those bugs that they fixed. There are 1 or 2, but not many at all. 

Secondly, you seem not to understand that the exact purpose of a voting system is precisely that: to help those who cannot agree come to a consensus generally accepted by all. A voting system would allow SQUAD to prioritize those bugs which were important to the majority of the community. This would allow more satisfaction with updates. It would also allow people to feel more heard when it comes to asking for bug fixes. The current system is non ideal. As far as fixability goes, the voting will allow SQUAD to see which bugs are most annoying and then they can carry on their excellent tradition of participating with their customers and easily tell people what is fixable and what is not. This will allow for clear communication all around, reducing the complaints that everyone hates.

Just now, Floby said:

... The console version status of this game is uncertain. The PC players are getting patches, communication, and update. We console players are part of this community. So when you say "Yeah, what of it?", please be specific about what you mean...

i think he is agreeing with you and also asking the same question because he wants answers to. Thats the way i read it anyways

2 minutes ago, Redneck said:

i think he is agreeing with you and also asking the same question because he wants answers to. Thats the way i read it anyways

Maybe you're right. Some vocal tones do not translate well to written text. My bad if I read it wrong, Zach. 

Just now, Floby said:

Maybe you're right. Some vocal tones do not translate well to written text. My bad if I read it wrong, Zach. 

lol its all good...I thought the same thing when i first read it :P

3 hours ago, Mycroft said:

The bug fixes in 1.2.1 and now 1.2.2 are so minor, it doesn't seem to me to be worth the 5 minutes or so it takes to install a new update of KSP.

This would totally depend on what a KSPer views as major or minor

For instance, many people out there have the nefarious CTD issue that was being caused by highlight fx being beligerent on some systems ... this is also may be the fix for the rotary bomb rack in BDAc (more testing is needed to confirm this though)

So whether a bug is major or minor depends on your perspective

By any chance, does anybody know why some fonts became blurry? Most of them are fine, but there are some that aren't. I've only seen this in various mod windows (notably, MechJeb and KAC), but since it occurs with multiple different mods, I'm not sure if it's a mod issue or a stock one.

Edited by sh1pman

1 hour ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Some people must not be aware of the upvote system on the bugtracker. Think a bug is important and needs to be fixed? Document it properly there and upvote the ones that are important to you.

But it's so much EASIER to vote in a strawpoll or on the forums.

It's almost like the people who care the most and devote the most time and effort into reporting the bugs get the most say in what gets fixed.

</sarcasm>