P-61 Black Widow Replica

The P-61 was a twin-boom heavy night fighter armed with a nose-mounted radar. It entered service during the later years of the war, and was recognizable by the low-frequency humming produced by its twin engines. This replica takes some liberties with the craft, but hopefully it's still recognizable. Because of a combination of technical unfeasibility and a fair amount of laziness, the top turret and the tiered cockpits are missing.

Real deal:

Northrop P-61 green airborne.jpg

My knockoff version:

xQAc6iS.png

As you can see, it has virtually no similarities other than the twin boom design and the propellers, which are completely stock by the way. It's capable of flying at 234 kph for infinitely long, and it has a set of flaps which prove beneficial very occasionally. It seats one, as opposed to the three it's supposed to seat, because you don't need a gunner in KSP (usually). Get your knockoff today! Instructions are available on the KerbalX page.

https://kerbalx.com/WorkaroundIndustries/Orbitech-P-61

A very innovative design, I was trying your craft but didn't have much time I will try it again soon. I did enjoy it, also I learned about holding  alt q&e to maintain the props spin, didn't know that :blush: thanks! 

Edited by Castille7

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.