So... KSP dead?

Vegatoxi

19 hours ago, Umlüx said:

imho there is one big upside to longer devcycles: with this much time, mods are getting getter than ever before! what a time to be alive!

Yeh, until the next one, which will wipe half of them off the board...again.

On 11.3.2017 at 8:45 AM, razark said:

Hell, Squad just posted an update about the contents of the upcoming release.  What better sign of a dying product can you think of?

Next release seems to be only couple of bugfixes and futile localizations, which are desperate marketing stuff and give nothing in the game. We will see if devs have some real ideas left or not. But to be honest, I am extremely happy. KSP is probably the best entertainment for money I have ever seen. Maybe Factorio will beat it at some day, but I have to play insane amount of hours to be even near.

5 hours ago, Hannu2 said:

Next release seems to be only couple of bugfixes and futile localizations, which are desperate marketing stuff and give nothing in the game. We will see if devs have some real ideas left or not. But to be honest, I am extremely happy. KSP is probably the best entertainment for money I have ever seen. Maybe Factorio will beat it at some day, but I have to play insane amount of hours to be even near.

don't forget the addition of the asteroid redirect mod that they are making fully stock!

@Vegatoxi

Why don't you create a excel spreadsheet and log daily forum activity from now on until.......DEATH...?

I'm sure they who log in and post also play so there...

Also, what is your definition of dead? And I mean yours only!? Because death has a standard definition and the fact is, it's terminal.

So as long as search engines makes no more references about KSP, I can't find it's website without 404 not found errors and steam stops selling it, only then will KSP be dead, or any other game for that matter under those criteria.

So by the definition of "death" KSP is still alive.
By your definition of "death" god knows?

Edited by Razorforce7

• 8 months later...

Is this just really bad b8 m8?

Have you looked in the news and announcements section? The 1.4 update (Which includes an engine change to the new Unity2017) and an entire expansion/DLC are in the works as we speak.

I'm going to assume you are trolling and report this thread; barring some explanation from you.

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

5 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Is this just really bad b8 m8?

Have you looked in the news and announcements section? 1.4 and an entire expansion/DLC are in the works as we speak.

I'm going to assume you are trolling and report this thread; barring some explanation from you.

Looked in it 5 minutes ago. Didnt see anything about 1.4.

Can you give me a link?

Edited by Vegatoxi

1 minute ago, Vegatoxi said:

Looked in it 5 minutes ago. Didnt see anything about 1.4.

Can you give me a link?

I'm not searching through months of update/progress reports. Here's the latest one though.

Not to be rude, but maybe actually do some investigating about the size of your foot before opening your mouth. It will make you reconsider sticking it in there.

1.4 has been brought up many times by devs. 1.3.1 came out like a month ago...There is also the DLC coming out soon. The console version is still in the works... sounds real dead to me. Sure, once popular mods are abandoned. Mod devs grow up, get jobs and have more important things to do with their lives. 

11 minutes ago, regex said:

KSP is dying.

Aren’t we all?

Edited by Galileo

14 minutes ago, Vegatoxi said:

So. No major gameplay updates since...? I dont even remember.

If bits and pieces of this game were once "major gameplay" updates to you then why can't you remember? A few key taps and some mouse clicks will get you overviews of updates.

21 minutes ago, Vegatoxi said:

Many of ex-popular mods is abandoned.

That's the same with a ex-mate. While they age they become less popular and if you forget to water her ditch they'll become abandoned :P 

By the way, things happen you know. And you say it yourself, "ex-popular"
I can't make things popular for you (or anyone) because other chose to popularize other mods. 

26 minutes ago, Vegatoxi said:

Game is in stagnation.

Tell me what in KSP is stagnating exactly, because you know something I don't.

27 minutes ago, Vegatoxi said:

I think it's dead for now.

R.I.P KSP 2011-2017;.;

Pacman hasn't died in nearly 4 decades, so I'll give KSP a century at least.
It seems you have preconditions on what determines the designation "being dead"
Making assumptions on self formulated preconditions to construct a argument is never really a attention getter.

As long as there's still a copy available and you keep playing it your keeping it alive. 
If there was something nostalgic back in the day that appeals to you, know that it is your nostalgia. 
I think your a troll by the way, so I probably shouldn't even type this.
But it might be better next time to put the topic into a question. As in- Is KSP dead these days? Rather then stating that it is. 

1 minute ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Agreed. If by some stroke of luck I'm travelling to Mars 20 years from now, I'll have a copy (or five) of KSP with me.

Good idea. I can imagine what the DL speed would be on Mars. 

4 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Agreed. If by some stroke of luck I'm travelling to Mars 20 years from now, I'll have a copy (or five) of KSP with me.

Only five? What if your fellow passengers also want to play? More copies, man!

17 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I'd have to get that mod that lets me start on Duna if I end up catching a ride to Mars.

I'd say "plateaued and sloping down".

There has been no major game-changes since the 1.0 release a long time ago. Plenty of  tweaks but nothing like new places to go and new things to do. 

This has meant that many existing players have done all they can or want to do in KSP. It is also going to struggle to attract new players, having reached a saturation point. 

Even the upcoming expansion/DLC is not going to seem that attractive to many players because it still will not have the new-places-to-go-and-things-to-do that KSP now desperately needs to reinvigorate it. 

Edited by Foxster