blackheart612

[1.2.2] Decal Stickers (Custom Flags & Agencies Support) 3/17/17

122 posts in this topic

I tried what you said, however it didn't work. Maybe it doesn't co-operate with my game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SpikiestMass15 said:

I tried what you said, however it didn't work. Maybe it doesn't co-operate with my game.

Is this referring to the newest patch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

Is this referring to the newest patch?

Yes

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

@jlcarneiro From what I know, you can keep adding the same modules over and over if you have different IDs for them. It is entirely possible to have your own directory, as demonstrated. But if you want it enough, you're most likely capable of making a patch on your own so this patch was only a sample for those who would rather just edit existing examples instead. Anyway, I guess you can just add another exact same module with different ID. It's gonna have another button, of course, but all of them would work when you click. The highest ID would be the texture that would be loaded when you select the part initially, too, I think (in this case, the custom textures are higher ID so it loads instead of default).

Ok, I think I understand what you meant. Here is my suggestions for MM patches.

The first one alters the mod's custom flags adding some flags:

@PART[stickerbig|sticker|stickermini|stickerv]
{
	@MODULE[FStextureSwitch2],1
	{
		//--textureRootFolder is Base Folder, referenced on texture names
		@textureRootFolder = zzz_MyTweaks\
		//--add ";" in between names, adding names should be "Agencies\CustomFileName" and the Custom File must be on blackheart/Agencies
		@textureNames = Flags\KerbalStandard
		//--for ever textureName, you must set a textureDisplayName, can be anything you want, should be same order with textureName. Separate with ";"
		@textureDisplayNames = Kerbal Standard
	}
}

The second one adds a new set of custom flags. I use KerbalHacksFlags to set a function to each craft:

@PART[stickerbig]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = FStextureSwitch2
		moduleID = 3
		//showListButton = True
		nextButtonText = Next Role
		prevButtonText = Previous Role
		statusText = Current Role
		objectNames = stickerflat;stickerh;stickerv
		debugMode = true
		showInfo = false

		textureRootFolder = zzz_MyTweaks\
		textureNames = KerbalHacksFlags\Asteroid; KerbalHacksFlags\Exploration; KerbalHacksFlags\ISRU; KerbalHacksFlags\Logistics; KerbalHacksFlags\Maintenance; KerbalHacksFlags\NoKraken; KerbalHacksFlags\Research; KerbalHacksFlags\Satellite; KerbalHacksFlags\Station
		textureDisplayNames = Asteroid; Exploration; ISRU; Logistics; Maintenance; NoKraken; Research; Satellite; Station
	}
}

@PART[sticker]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = FStextureSwitch2
		moduleID = 3
		//showListButton = True
		nextButtonText = Next Role
		prevButtonText = Previous Role
		statusText = Current Role
		objectNames = stickerflat;sticker125;sticker250;sticker375
		debugMode = true
		showInfo = false

		textureRootFolder = zzz_MyTweaks\
		textureNames = KerbalHacksFlags\Asteroid; KerbalHacksFlags\Exploration; KerbalHacksFlags\ISRU; KerbalHacksFlags\Logistics; KerbalHacksFlags\Maintenance; KerbalHacksFlags\NoKraken; KerbalHacksFlags\Research; KerbalHacksFlags\Satellite; KerbalHacksFlags\Station
		textureDisplayNames = Asteroid; Exploration; ISRU; Logistics; Maintenance; NoKraken; Research; Satellite; Station
	}
}

@PART[stickermini]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = FStextureSwitch2
		moduleID = 3
		//showListButton = True
		nextButtonText = Next Role
		prevButtonText = Previous Role
		statusText = Current Role
		objectNames = stickerflat;stickerh;stickerv
		debugMode = true
		showInfo = false

		textureRootFolder = zzz_MyTweaks\
		textureNames = KerbalHacksFlags\Asteroid; KerbalHacksFlags\Exploration; KerbalHacksFlags\ISRU; KerbalHacksFlags\Logistics; KerbalHacksFlags\Maintenance; KerbalHacksFlags\NoKraken; KerbalHacksFlags\Research; KerbalHacksFlags\Satellite; KerbalHacksFlags\Station
		textureDisplayNames = Asteroid; Exploration; ISRU; Logistics; Maintenance; NoKraken; Research; Satellite; Station
	}
}

@PART[stickerv]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = FStextureSwitch2
		moduleID = 3
		//showListButton = True
		nextButtonText = Next Role
		prevButtonText = Previous Role
		statusText = Current Role
		objectNames = sticker125;sticker250;sticker375
		debugMode = true
		showInfo = false

		textureRootFolder = zzz_MyTweaks\
		textureNames = KerbalHacksFlags\Asteroid; KerbalHacksFlags\Exploration; KerbalHacksFlags\ISRU; KerbalHacksFlags\Logistics; KerbalHacksFlags\Maintenance; KerbalHacksFlags\NoKraken; KerbalHacksFlags\Research; KerbalHacksFlags\Satellite; KerbalHacksFlags\Station
		textureDisplayNames = Asteroid; Exploration; ISRU; Logistics; Maintenance; NoKraken; Research; Satellite; Station
	}
}

I put both in a folder, where I put all my MM patches, named zzz_MyTweaks to be the last one to be evaluated.

@SpikiestMass15, this might interest you... :wink:

Edited by jlcarneiro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, jlcarneiro said:

The first one alters the mod's custom flags adding some flags:

Can also say @PART[sticker*] to get all of those and any more in the future if @blackheart612 continues to append "sticker" to them all

12 minutes ago, jlcarneiro said:

named zzz_MyTweaks to be the last one to be evaluated

that's what the :FINAL statement is for, so users can apply their changes atop anything the mod or other mods distribute. If you see a mod distributing MM configs with :FINAL in there, call out the mod author on it.

To be clear, none of these changes are things you have to do :)

Edited by Drew Kerman
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SpikiestMass15 How many flags do you want to add? Also, can we take a look at your latest config for one sticker? Just put it in a spoiler. Also a picture of your blackheart/Agencies if that's alright with you.

6 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

continues to append "sticker" to them all

Why not, it's easier that way so expect that it's not gonna change. :) 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jlcarneiro said:

Ok, I think I understand what you meant. Here is my suggestions for MM patches.

The first one alters the mod's custom flags adding some flags:


@PART[stickerbig|sticker|stickermini|stickerv]
{
	@MODULE[FStextureSwitch2],1
	{
		//--textureRootFolder is Base Folder, referenced on texture names
		@textureRootFolder = zzz_MyTweaks\
		//--add ";" in between names, adding names should be "Agencies\CustomFileName" and the Custom File must be on blackheart/Agencies
		@textureNames = Flags\KerbalStandard
		//--for ever textureName, you must set a textureDisplayName, can be anything you want, should be same order with textureName. Separate with ";"
		@textureDisplayNames = Kerbal Standard
	}
}

The second one adds a new set of custom flags. I use KerbalHacksFlags to set a function to each craft:


@PART[stickerbig]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = FStextureSwitch2
		moduleID = 3
		//showListButton = True
		nextButtonText = Next Role
		prevButtonText = Previous Role
		statusText = Current Role
		objectNames = stickerflat;stickerh;stickerv
		debugMode = true
		showInfo = false

		textureRootFolder = zzz_MyTweaks\
		textureNames = KerbalHacksFlags\Asteroid; KerbalHacksFlags\Exploration; KerbalHacksFlags\ISRU; KerbalHacksFlags\Logistics; KerbalHacksFlags\Maintenance; KerbalHacksFlags\NoKraken; KerbalHacksFlags\Research; KerbalHacksFlags\Satellite; KerbalHacksFlags\Station
		textureDisplayNames = Asteroid; Exploration; ISRU; Logistics; Maintenance; NoKraken; Research; Satellite; Station
	}
}

@PART[sticker]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = FStextureSwitch2
		moduleID = 3
		//showListButton = True
		nextButtonText = Next Role
		prevButtonText = Previous Role
		statusText = Current Role
		objectNames = stickerflat;sticker125;sticker250;sticker375
		debugMode = true
		showInfo = false

		textureRootFolder = zzz_MyTweaks\
		textureNames = KerbalHacksFlags\Asteroid; KerbalHacksFlags\Exploration; KerbalHacksFlags\ISRU; KerbalHacksFlags\Logistics; KerbalHacksFlags\Maintenance; KerbalHacksFlags\NoKraken; KerbalHacksFlags\Research; KerbalHacksFlags\Satellite; KerbalHacksFlags\Station
		textureDisplayNames = Asteroid; Exploration; ISRU; Logistics; Maintenance; NoKraken; Research; Satellite; Station
	}
}

@PART[stickermini]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = FStextureSwitch2
		moduleID = 3
		//showListButton = True
		nextButtonText = Next Role
		prevButtonText = Previous Role
		statusText = Current Role
		objectNames = stickerflat;stickerh;stickerv
		debugMode = true
		showInfo = false

		textureRootFolder = zzz_MyTweaks\
		textureNames = KerbalHacksFlags\Asteroid; KerbalHacksFlags\Exploration; KerbalHacksFlags\ISRU; KerbalHacksFlags\Logistics; KerbalHacksFlags\Maintenance; KerbalHacksFlags\NoKraken; KerbalHacksFlags\Research; KerbalHacksFlags\Satellite; KerbalHacksFlags\Station
		textureDisplayNames = Asteroid; Exploration; ISRU; Logistics; Maintenance; NoKraken; Research; Satellite; Station
	}
}

@PART[stickerv]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = FStextureSwitch2
		moduleID = 3
		//showListButton = True
		nextButtonText = Next Role
		prevButtonText = Previous Role
		statusText = Current Role
		objectNames = sticker125;sticker250;sticker375
		debugMode = true
		showInfo = false

		textureRootFolder = zzz_MyTweaks\
		textureNames = KerbalHacksFlags\Asteroid; KerbalHacksFlags\Exploration; KerbalHacksFlags\ISRU; KerbalHacksFlags\Logistics; KerbalHacksFlags\Maintenance; KerbalHacksFlags\NoKraken; KerbalHacksFlags\Research; KerbalHacksFlags\Satellite; KerbalHacksFlags\Station
		textureDisplayNames = Asteroid; Exploration; ISRU; Logistics; Maintenance; NoKraken; Research; Satellite; Station
	}
}

I put both in a folder, where I put all my MM patches, named zzz_MyTweaks to be the last one to be evaluated.

@SpikiestMass15, this might interest you... :wink:

Are both of these required and do they remove the other textures. As in, no they come in a different config, or do they replace the config?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

Why not, it's easier that way so expect that it's not gonna change. :) 

Cool, just making sure. Also just realized I should have said "prepend" not "append" :P

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SpikiestMass15 said:

Are both of these required and do they remove the other textures. As in, no they come in a different config, or do they replace the config?

You can put these MM patches on a separate directory (as long as it is under Gamedata) and they will be implemented without changing the mod's configs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since version 1.3 came out, I see it is known that the Kerbal Standard sticker is always the default sticker now, but the custom sticker also seems to be overriding whatever texture you set it to for the flags, as whenever it is moved in the VAB or the vessel is launched it reverts back whatever custom sticker it has been set to regardless of whether it was set to a flag or not. All the existing vessels in flight have reverted to the Kerbal Standard sticker as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hope you don't mind.  I plugged this mod on my own Parody Flag page since Starvision's Decals seem to be gone.
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/78476-12-ual002s-lorefriendy-serious-parody-flags-v21-fall-of-the-ape-edition/&

 

Obviously you need to add the custom lines... I already did the work if anyone wants to make a MM file

textureNames = Agencies\KerbalStandard;Agencies\Angleund;Agencies\Arabnia;Agencies\craterycoast;Agencies\dprk;Agencies\Duskgaze;Agencies\Erryday;Agencies\Goryeo;Agencies\Ishmael;Agencies\Kanada;Agencies\Kaustralia;Agencies\Kermania;Agencies\Kerralstran;Agencies\Kexus;Agencies\Kijani;Agencies\Kinland;Agencies\Kippon;Agencies\Kireland;Agencies\Kompletish2;Agencies\Krankia;Agencies\Krease;Agencies\Krussia;Agencies\Krussland;Agencies\Loekeyah;Agencies\Merkan;Agencies\New Kerbin Order;Agencies\Polan;Agencies\Punjebi;Agencies\RepublikoBrasilo;Agencies\RepublicoSimios;Agencies\Roundel Arabnia;Agencies\Roundel CC;Agencies\Roundel Erryday;Agencies\Roundel Goryeo;Agencies\Roundel Ishmael;Agencies\Roundel Kanada;Agencies\Roundel Kippon;Agencies\Roundel Kompletish;Agencies\Roundel Loekeyah;Agencies\Roundel NKO;Agencies\Roundel Polan;Agencies\Roundel Skaibern;Agencies\Roundel UK;Agencies\Roundel UKKR;Agencies\Roundel UNK;Agencies\Silverta;Agencies\Skaibern;Agencies\Skotslund;Agencies\SouthKijani;Agencies\Squexico;Agencies\UKKR;Agencies\Unified Nationstates of Kerbin;Agencies\UnifiedKerbdom;Agencies\Woolsh;Agencies\Yaeger;Agencies\Yitalia

Edited by UAL002

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, why do my flags hover far above the thing I put them on?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, UAL002 said:

Also, why do my flags hover far above the thing I put them on?

 

Can you provide a picture? Also, you can use it, no problem.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@UAL002 My guess is because those tanks are actually embedded in geometry, but the collider is a bigger cylinder, resulting in that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotcha,  If I attempt to lower them into the geometry with the part tool, I loose the geometry of the flag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@UAL002 You mean that it's inside the tanks collider? Seems like it really is the problem. Squad wanted a simpler collider and the decal's collider are the decal's general shape. So if you move it inside the tank's that would happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FINALLY. I can make a NASCAR recreation. :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now updated for KSP 1.3! :) 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello blackheart612 let me first say wow thank you for this awesome mod.  my C7 areospace company is certainly getting a much needed public facelift. Unfortunately im having an issue since the 1.3 update and reading back a few pages ive seen others have it but the questions they ask have gone completely unnoticed lol. In the hangers the decals work fine, sometimes they get finiky when i fiddle with them and switch the decal they are showing with what they should be but thats easy to fix.

However when we move to the field either the launch site or the runway it changes the decal to the default one 98% of the time but i just seen it revert to the blank custom decal one. when i accidentily clicked the next custom decal and then back to my c7 decal in the editor it was the blank custom decal (since i dont use any but those ingame already) when i spawned on the runway.

I am happy to provide pictures if my explanations weren't clear enough. Thanks again for your hard work and i hope to see more awesome things from you!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@blackheart612 I can confirm that flag selection doesn't save. I can choose whatever flag I like, but after I load craft again I always get "KerbalStandard" flag.

I've checked it on clean install with just decal stickers mod. So this is probably firespitter problem, not mod conflict.

Edited by Shnyrik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@blackheart612 by the way, I've found the reason of the problem. It was not firespitter, but the config itself. Flag selection actually saved, but the second FStextureSwitch2 module draw it's custom flag (which is by default set to Kerbal Standard) on top of my flag, so I thought it didn't work :)

By the way, I can propose to make a separate config file for custom flag module instead of adding it to each sticker individually. This way you'll have to add your custom flag only one time, instead of doing the same four times in each part's config.

Something like this:

@PART[sticker*]
{
@MODULE[FStextureSwitch2]
{
        textureRootFolder = blackheart\

        //--textureRootFolder is Base Folder, referenced on texture names

        textureNames = Agencies\KerbalStandard;Agencies\Custom1

        //--add ";" in between names, adding names should be "Agencies\CustomFileName" and the Custom File must be on blackheart/Agencies

        textureDisplayNames = Kerbal Standard;Advertisement

        //--for ever textureName, you must set a textureDisplayName, can be anything you want, should be same order with textureName. Separate with ";"

}
}

 

Edited by Shnyrik
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now