[1.4.x] Decal Stickers R2.0 (Custom Flags & Agencies, Instructions to add your own!) March 21, 2018

blackheart612

I just recently noticed this, pretty weird, forum makes me not notice notifications that much. Happens on messages as well. It seems like the "custom flags" are prioritizes in the config. Which means it's not stuck on the first one, you can change your custom decals but you can't use the ones that are on KSP's folder unless you remvoe it on the cfg. I replied just to let you guys know I just read this and I'll investigate as soon as I can.

Well i did the following: suppress the module about custom flag in each part.cfg and add my own flag in the Squad/flag folder.

Then i add them in each part.cfg in the FStextureSwitch2 Module in textureNames and textureDisplayNames

and it works. 

On 7/10/2017 at 11:51 PM, gilflo said:

Well i did the following: suppress the module about custom flag in each part.cfg and add my own flag in the Squad/flag folder.

Then i add them in each part.cfg in the FStextureSwitch2 Module in textureNames and textureDisplayNames

and it works. 

Yep, for now I fixed it by removing the secondary FStextureSwitch2 module. The custom folder is now gone and custom flags can be added on Squad/Flags instead. Updated for the fix, tell me if there are any further issues.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, WolfGeek101 said:

Sorry if this has been answered already (I'm on mobile and in a hurry), but is there a mode that makes the decal display the mission's individual flag? Or does each decal have to be injected into the mod?

You need to put it in the config before it gets the option to be displayed.

19 minutes ago, LordOfMinecraft99 said:

Quick question, does anyone have a template CFG I can drop textures into for this mod?

Why not just edit one of the cfg's in the mod you will have to tell it what the name is and where you put it ?

12 hours ago, MeCripp said:

Why not just edit one of the cfg's in the mod you will have to tell it what the name is and where you put it ?

It's  not working. I edited all four of .cfgs. I first moved my images to squad/flags, and then i inserted their file name, and display name. Here is an example:

Spoiler

Old cfg:

PART
{
    name = stickerbig
    module = Part
    author = blackheart612

MODEL
    {
        model = blackheart/Parts/stickermini/model
        texture = placeholder , Squad/Flags/default
    }
    rescaleFactor = 4

node_attach = -0.06, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0

TechRequired = start
    entryCost = 6200
    cost = 5
    category = Utility
    subcategory = 0
    title = Place Anywhere Sticker Upsized
    manufacturer = Blackheart's Vinyls
    description = Have you ever felt like you needed to show the world how many companies cared about your program? No? Well now you can with this vinyl sticker! Attach anywhere on your ship and you should be good to go.

attachRules = 0,1,0,0,1

mass = 0.01
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0
    minimum_drag = 0
    angularDrag = 1
    crashTolerance = 12
    maxTemp = 2000
    heatConductivity = 20
    skinMassPerArea = 20
    explosionPotential = 0
    PhysicsSignificance = 0
    bulkheadProfiles = srf
    tags = sticker decal

MODULE
{
 name = FSmeshSwitch
 moduleID = 0
 buttonName = Next Shape
 previousButtonName = Previous Shape
 objectDisplayNames = Flat;Type A;Type B
 objects = stickerflat, colliderflat;stickerh, colliderh;stickerv, colliderv
 updateSymmetry = true
}

MODULE
{
    name = FStextureSwitch2
    moduleID = 1
    //showListButton = True
    nextButtonText = Next Flag
    prevButtonText = Previous Flag
    statusText = Current
    textureRootFolder = Squad\

//--textureRootFolder is Base Folder, referenced on texture names

textureNames = Flags\Default ; Flags\esa_dark_blue ; Flags\NASA ; Flags\retro ;  Flags\satellite ; Flags\trees ; Flags\uk_space_agency ; Agencies\C7AerospaceDivision ; Agencies\DinkelsteinKermansConstructionEmporium ; Agencies\ExperimentalEngineering ; Agencies\FlooydResearchLab ; Agencies\GoliathNationalProducts ; Agencies\IntegratedIntegrals ; Agencies\IonicSymphonicProtonicElectronics ; Agencies\JebsJunkyard ; Agencies\KerbalMotion ; Agencies\KerbinWorldFirstRecordKeepingSociety ; Agencies\Kerbodyne ; Agencies\Kerlington ; Agencies\MaxoConstructionToys ; Agencies\MovingPartsExpertsGroup ; Agencies\OMBDemolition ; Agencies\PeriapsisCo ; Agencies\Probodobodyne ; Agencies\R&D ; Agencies\ReactionSystemsLtd ; Agencies\Rockomax ; Agencies\Rokea ; Agencies\SeansCannery ; Agencies\SteadlerEngineeringCorps ; Agencies\StrutCo ; Agencies\Vac-Co ; Agencies\WinterOwl ; Agencies\ZaltonicElectronics ; Flags\KerbalStandard ; Flags\Custom1

//--add ";" in between names, adding names should be "Flags\CustomFileName" and the Custom File must be on Squad/Flags

objectNames = stickerflat;stickerh;stickervsticker125;sticker250;sticker375 //--don't change this

textureDisplayNames = KSP;ESA;NASA;Retro;Satellite;Trees;UK Space Agency;C7 Aerospace;Dinkelstein Construction Emporium;Experimental Engineering;FLOOYD Research;Goliath Natonal;Integrated Integrals;ISP Electrionics;Jeb's Junkyard;Kerbal Motion;Kerbin World First Record Keeping Society;Kerbodyne;Kerlingtion;Maxo Construction Toys;Moving Parts Expert Group;OMB Demolition;Periapsos Co;Probodobodyne;R&D;Reaction Systems Ltd;Rockmax;Rokea;Sean's Cannery;Steadler Engineering;Strut Co;Vac-Co;WinterOwl;ZaltonicElectronics;Kerbal Standard;Advertisement

//--for ever textureName, you must set a textureDisplayName, can be anything you want, should be same order with textureName. Separate with ";"

debugMode = true

showInfo = false
}
DRAG_CUBE
{
    none = True
}
}

Spoiler

New .cfg

PART
{
    name = stickerbig
    module = Part
    author = blackheart612

MODEL
    {
    }
    rescaleFactor = 4

TechRequired = start
    entryCost = 6200
    cost = 5
    category = Utility
    subcategory = 0
    description = Have you ever felt like you needed to show the world how many companies cared about your program? No? Well now you can with this vinyl sticker! Attach anywhere on your ship and you should be good to go.

attachRules = 0,1,0,0,1

mass = 0.01
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0
    minimum_drag = 0
    angularDrag = 1
    crashTolerance = 12
    maxTemp = 2000
    heatConductivity = 20
    skinMassPerArea = 20
    explosionPotential = 0
    PhysicsSignificance = 0
    bulkheadProfiles = srf
    tags = sticker decal

MODULE
{
 name = FSmeshSwitch
 moduleID = 0
 buttonName = Next Shape
 updateSymmetry = true
}

MODULE
{
    name = FStextureSwitch2
    moduleID = 1
    //showListButton = True
    statusText = Current

textureNames = Flags\Default ; Flags\esa_dark_blue ; Flags\NASA ; Flags\retro ;  Flags\satellite ; Flags\trees ; Flags\uk_space_agency ; Agencies\C7AerospaceDivision ; Agencies\DinkelsteinKermansConstructionEmporium ; Agencies\ExperimentalEngineering ; Agencies\FlooydResearchLab ; Agencies\GoliathNationalProducts ; Agencies\IntegratedIntegrals ; Agencies\IonicSymphonicProtonicElectronics ; Agencies\JebsJunkyard ; Agencies\KerbalMotion ; Agencies\KerbinWorldFirstRecordKeepingSociety ; Agencies\Kerbodyne ; Agencies\Kerlington ; Agencies\MaxoConstructionToys ; Agencies\MovingPartsExpertsGroup ; Agencies\OMBDemolition ; Agencies\PeriapsisCo ; Agencies\Probodobodyne ; Agencies\R&D ; Agencies\ReactionSystemsLtd ; Agencies\Rockomax ; Agencies\Rokea ; Agencies\SeansCannery ; Agencies\SteadlerEngineeringCorps ; Agencies\StrutCo ; Agencies\Vac-Co ; Agencies\WinterOwl ; Agencies\ZaltonicElectronics ; Flags\KerbalStandard ; Flags\Custom1 ; Flags\CSA ; Flags\Celestiarna ; Flags\NCSP2

//--add ";" in between names, adding names should be "Flags\CustomFileName" and the Custom File must be on Squad/Flags

objectNames = stickerflat;stickerh;stickervsticker125;sticker250;sticker375 //--don't change this

textureDisplayNames = KSP;ESA;NASA;Retro;Satellite;Trees;UK Space Agency;C7 Aerospace;Dinkelstein Construction Emporium;Experimental Engineering;FLOOYD Research;Goliath Natonal;Integrated Integrals;ISP Electrionics;Jeb's Junkyard;Kerbal Motion;Kerbin World First Record Keeping Society;Kerbodyne;Kerlingtion;Maxo Construction Toys;Moving Parts Expert Group;OMB Demolition;Periapsos Co;Probodobodyne;R&D;Reaction Systems Ltd;Rockmax;Rokea;Sean's Cannery;Steadler Engineering;Strut Co;Vac-Co;WinterOwl;ZaltonicElectronics;Kerbal Standard;Advertisement;Celestiaran Space Agency;Celestiaran;NCSP

//--for ever textureName, you must set a textureDisplayName, can be anything you want, should be same order with textureName. Separate with ";"

debugMode = true

showInfo = false
}
DRAG_CUBE
{
    none = True
}
}

3 hours ago, LordOfMinecraft99 said:

It's  not working. I edited all four of .cfgs. I first moved my images to squad/flags, and then i inserted their file name, and display name. Here is an example:

Reveal hidden contents

Old cfg:

PART
{
    name = stickerbig
    module = Part
    author = blackheart612

MODEL
    {
    }
    rescaleFactor = 4

TechRequired = start
    entryCost = 6200
    cost = 5
    category = Utility
    subcategory = 0

attachRules = 0,1,0,0,1

mass = 0.01
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0
    minimum_drag = 0
    angularDrag = 1
    crashTolerance = 12
    maxTemp = 2000
    heatConductivity = 20
    skinMassPerArea = 20
    explosionPotential = 0
    PhysicsSignificance = 0
    bulkheadProfiles = srf
    tags = sticker decal

MODULE
{
 name = FSmeshSwitch
 moduleID = 0
 buttonName = Next Shape
 updateSymmetry = true
}

MODULE
{
    name = FStextureSwitch2
    moduleID = 1
    //showListButton = True
    statusText = Current

textureNames = Flags\Default ; Flags\esa_dark_blue ; Flags\NASA ; Flags\retro ;  Flags\satellite ; Flags\trees ; Flags\uk_space_agency ; Agencies\C7AerospaceDivision ; Agencies\DinkelsteinKermansConstructionEmporium ; Agencies\ExperimentalEngineering ; Agencies\FlooydResearchLab ; Agencies\GoliathNationalProducts ; Agencies\IntegratedIntegrals ; Agencies\IonicSymphonicProtonicElectronics ; Agencies\JebsJunkyard ; Agencies\KerbalMotion ; Agencies\KerbinWorldFirstRecordKeepingSociety ; Agencies\Kerbodyne ; Agencies\Kerlington ; Agencies\MaxoConstructionToys ; Agencies\MovingPartsExpertsGroup ; Agencies\OMBDemolition ; Agencies\PeriapsisCo ; Agencies\Probodobodyne ; Agencies\R&D ; Agencies\ReactionSystemsLtd ; Agencies\Rockomax ; Agencies\Rokea ; Agencies\SeansCannery ; Agencies\SteadlerEngineeringCorps ; Agencies\StrutCo ; Agencies\Vac-Co ; Agencies\WinterOwl ; Agencies\ZaltonicElectronics ; Flags\KerbalStandard ; Flags\Custom1

textureDisplayNames = KSP;ESA;NASA;Retro;Satellite;Trees;UK Space Agency;C7 Aerospace;Dinkelstein Construction Emporium;Experimental Engineering;FLOOYD Research;Goliath Natonal;Integrated Integrals;ISP Electrionics;Jeb's Junkyard;Kerbal Motion;Kerbin World First Record Keeping Society;Kerbodyne;Kerlingtion;Maxo Construction Toys;Moving Parts Expert Group;OMB Demolition;Periapsos Co;Probodobodyne;R&D;Reaction Systems Ltd;Rockmax;Rokea;Sean's Cannery;Steadler Engineering;Strut Co;Vac-Co;WinterOwl;ZaltonicElectronics;Kerbal Standard;Advertisement

debugMode = true

showInfo = false
}
DRAG_CUBE
{
    none = True
}
}

Reveal hidden contents

New .cfg

PART
{
    name = stickerbig
    module = Part
    author = blackheart612

MODEL
    {
    }
    rescaleFactor = 4

TechRequired = start
    entryCost = 6200
    cost = 5
    category = Utility
    subcategory = 0

attachRules = 0,1,0,0,1

mass = 0.01
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0
    minimum_drag = 0
    angularDrag = 1
    crashTolerance = 12
    maxTemp = 2000
    heatConductivity = 20
    skinMassPerArea = 20
    explosionPotential = 0
    PhysicsSignificance = 0
    bulkheadProfiles = srf
    tags = sticker decal

MODULE
{
 name = FSmeshSwitch
 moduleID = 0
 buttonName = Next Shape
 updateSymmetry = true
}

MODULE
{
    name = FStextureSwitch2
    moduleID = 1
    //showListButton = True
    statusText = Current

textureNames = Flags\Default ; Flags\esa_dark_blue ; Flags\NASA ; Flags\retro ;  Flags\satellite ; Flags\trees ; Flags\uk_space_agency ; Agencies\C7AerospaceDivision ; Agencies\DinkelsteinKermansConstructionEmporium ; Agencies\ExperimentalEngineering ; Agencies\FlooydResearchLab ; Agencies\GoliathNationalProducts ; Agencies\IntegratedIntegrals ; Agencies\IonicSymphonicProtonicElectronics ; Agencies\JebsJunkyard ; Agencies\KerbalMotion ; Agencies\KerbinWorldFirstRecordKeepingSociety ; Agencies\Kerbodyne ; Agencies\Kerlington ; Agencies\MaxoConstructionToys ; Agencies\MovingPartsExpertsGroup ; Agencies\OMBDemolition ; Agencies\PeriapsisCo ; Agencies\Probodobodyne ; Agencies\R&D ; Agencies\ReactionSystemsLtd ; Agencies\Rockomax ; Agencies\Rokea ; Agencies\SeansCannery ; Agencies\SteadlerEngineeringCorps ; Agencies\StrutCo ; Agencies\Vac-Co ; Agencies\WinterOwl ; Agencies\ZaltonicElectronics ; Flags\KerbalStandard ; Flags\Custom1 ; Flags\CSA ; Flags\Celestiarna ; Flags\NCSP2

textureDisplayNames = KSP;ESA;NASA;Retro;Satellite;Trees;UK Space Agency;C7 Aerospace;Dinkelstein Construction Emporium;Experimental Engineering;FLOOYD Research;Goliath Natonal;Integrated Integrals;ISP Electrionics;Jeb's Junkyard;Kerbal Motion;Kerbin World First Record Keeping Society;Kerbodyne;Kerlingtion;Maxo Construction Toys;Moving Parts Expert Group;OMB Demolition;Periapsos Co;Probodobodyne;R&D;Reaction Systems Ltd;Rockmax;Rokea;Sean's Cannery;Steadler Engineering;Strut Co;Vac-Co;WinterOwl;ZaltonicElectronics;Kerbal Standard;Advertisement;Celestiaran Space Agency;Celestiaran;NCSP

debugMode = true

showInfo = false
}
DRAG_CUBE
{
    none = True
}
}

Can you PM me a link to your textures you want to use and will take a look

EDIT- And you also might want to look at 

Edited by Mecripp2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@blackheart612 No custom flags I drop into Gamedata>Squad>Flags are available for selection in either editor scene in 1.3.1. Some Squad flags are also unavailable for selection. I wish to add even more custom flags by your stickers method so I can conveniently place them wherever I'd like on my crafts, but I'm not interested in stock (or mod) flags-- only customs created by myself or other KSP players. I'm savvy with the templates for flags, so I'm sure the file format and sizes are appropriate. I use my own custom mission flag at every opportunity. I have one already saved to my updated version before the first time I open the game, for crying out loud.

Reading back in this thread, I see a bunch of programming language I can't make sense of. I don't make mods, I make magic with them. Please fix this for us non-programmers please. You folks seemed to have it all worked out, but I still can't use this mod if you're speaking a language I shouldn't have to understand to use it.

43 minutes ago, Dark Lion said:

@blackheart612 No custom flags I drop into Gamedata>Squad>Flags are available for selection in either editor scene in 1.3.1. Some Squad flags are also unavailable for selection. I wish to add even more custom flags by your stickers method so I can conveniently place them wherever I'd like on my crafts, but I'm not interested in stock (or mod) flags-- only customs created by myself or other KSP players. I'm savvy with the templates for flags, so I'm sure the file format and sizes are appropriate. I use my own custom mission flag at every opportunity. I have one already saved to my updated version before the first time I open the game, for crying out loud.

Reading back in this thread, I see a bunch of programming language I can't make sense of. I don't make mods, I make magic with them. Please fix this for us non-programmers please. You folks seemed to have it all worked out, but I still can't use this mod if you're speaking a language I shouldn't have to understand to use it.

Okay...so you're wanting to set up your local copy of the mod to do just custom flags, if I'm reading that right. 

What are the filenames of your custom flag .png files, and can you give me the agencies of those flags? (For example, for an American Flag, I would say the agency is "USA". For a jolly roger, I'd describe the agency as "Pirates!". That sort of thing). Also, if you're keeping the flag files in a KSP directory other than GameData/Squad/Flags, I'd need to know that too.

I agree that there should be some piece of code added to the mod to allow for the insertion of custom flags without having to deal directly with the configuration files; that, unfortunately, is beyond my ken or I'd write the script to do that myself. What I'll do though is get you set up to do things the way you want to do them. 

12 minutes ago, capi3101 said:

Okay...so you're wanting to set up your local copy of the mod to do just custom flags, if I'm reading that right. 

What are the filenames of your custom flag .png files, and can you give me the agencies of those flags? (For example, for an American Flag, I would say the agency is "USA". For a jolly roger, I'd describe the agency as "Pirates!". That sort of thing). Also, if you're keeping the flag files in a KSP directory other than GameData/Squad/Flags, I'd need to know that too.

I agree that there should be some piece of code added to the mod to allow for the insertion of custom flags without having to deal directly with the configuration files; that, unfortunately, is beyond my ken or I'd write the script to do that myself. What I'll do though is get you set up to do things the way you want to do them. 

Absolutely not. Ideally, the placement of both stock and custom flags should be readily available in a myriad of shapes and sizes (I respect having just four though. I can work with that no problem.)

Thank you, but I've learned enough about the programming language to edit the part configs in the passed few hours to manage to get a few custom flags working as intended for one particular part size config. Is it your intention to send me a patch to copy over into each part config, or have you some other, more streamlined means of conforming flags? At this point, I'm more interested in learning how this all works together than having it done for me, but perhaps a fresh sample will sharpen my blunt tools therein...

Perhaps Blackheart's folly may prove to be educational... :P At least for me.

46 minutes ago, Dark Lion said:

Absolutely not. Ideally, the placement of both stock and custom flags should be readily available in a myriad of shapes and sizes (I respect having just four though. I can work with that no problem.)

Thank you, but I've learned enough about the programming language to edit the part configs in the passed few hours to manage to get a few custom flags working as intended for one particular part size config. Is it your intention to send me a patch to copy over into each part config, or have you some other, more streamlined means of conforming flags? At this point, I'm more interested in learning how this all works together than having it done for me, but perhaps a fresh sample will sharpen my blunt tools therein...

Perhaps Blackheart's folly may prove to be educational... :P At least for me.

I was going to walk you through the process of editing the config files; since it looks like you've got it, that's a big "never mind". 

@blackheart612

Heya!

I wanted to ask you, if I may recommend your nice mod in the Community Real Agency Pack release thread?

I think they'd go great together, I'm already making MM patches :)

Peace and have fun!

PS.:

A few thoughts and suggestions:

Would it be possible to use GameData\ as textureRootfolder? Does removing the line via Module manager suffice to set it there, or would entering GameData\ do the trick or even unfortunately be interpreted as Gamedata\GameData\? I'm mildly confused^^

Having the squad folder as default makes is somehow impossible to easily inlcude more logos, coming from seperate addon folders, patched in via ModuleManager, which is quite inconvenient.

I guess simply not using any rootfolder or hard coding it to GameData\ should be no problem, one would just need to add one layer of folder structure to each entry, which can easily be done :)

Edited by h0yer
PS

OK, I found out how to set Firespitter's textureRoot to GameData\ by simply removing the entire line via MM and patching back all original logos with added path bits.

Works like a charm :)

Now the MM patch loads only 'realistic' logos and skips all Kerbal logos only if there is RealismOverhaul installed, otherwise, it adds all of them, even from a few selected Kerbal mods.

I might split up the MM patch eventually for more control over what is beeing loaded/skipped.

Something else:

Would it be OK for you to put up your mod on GitHub?

I could do the work of slighty rewriting the paths, so adding more external stuff becomes more easy for other modders, who would like to utilize your nice DecalStickers, without having to reconfigure so much. The only downside would be having to add another level of folder structure to each added logo, but that can be easily done. Just a thought.

Peace and have fun!

And thanks again for this neat mod, here a cropped screenie I made:

u9cMr15l.png

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Hi, I just found this thread and this mod looks really handy. I might be not thinking properly, but as I couldn’t find it explicitly stated anywhere in the thread or spacedock, but does this mod need firespitter installed to work?

(Sorry if this is a necropost)

Yep, it uses the firespitter texture and mesh switchers modules.

On 10/15/2017 at 5:22 AM, h0yer said:

OK, I found out how to set Firespitter's textureRoot to GameData\ by simply removing the entire line via MM and patching back all original logos with added path bits.

Would you mind showing your work? I'm savvy enough to remove all Squad and Agencies flags and/or replace them successfully, but precious details are omitted from this quote. I have high hopes I will one day just drop my artsy files in the right folder and they appear for selection in the editor... No cfg manipulation necessary. As it stands, this mod takes me something like 10min to set up due to having almost 50 flags to choose from now... and I have to change cfgs every single time a new flag(s) is added.

On 10/15/2017 at 5:22 AM, h0yer said:

Now the MM patch loads only 'realistic' logos and skips all Kerbal logos only if there is RealismOverhaul installed, otherwise, it adds all of them, even from a few selected Kerbal mods.

Again, would love a demo. Does this effectively eliminate flags you selected from selection in the editor or delete them entirely? Something else? I'd also be grateful to learn how you're planning to manipulate the file paths as such that making changes are much easier. The importance of the folder structure and the lines which call on them is still just beyond my understanding. Very basic.

Feel free to message me instead if this post is considered derailment and you're kind enough to teach.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.