[Strawpoll] What visuals do you think needs the MOST improvement in KSP?

HafCoJoe

8 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Well,  if I had it my way,  atmospheres and clouds and probably planet textures...  But I'm sure everyone knows that by now. 

lol, if I had my way I'd have them all as well :) - I'm curious what people will choose as their #1 most needed though

6 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

lol, if I had my way I'd have them all as well :) - I'm curious what people will choose as their #1 most needed though

My wish is that something like SVE and SVT become stock so I can cut loose these shackles that are SVE and SVT and actually play KSP again :) 

who am I kidding I would find something else to tinker with... 

Edited by Galileo

9 minutes ago, Galileo said:

My wish is that something like SVE and SVT become stock so I can cut loose these shackles that are SVE and SVT and actually play KSP again :)

Ironically, I prioritize sky/water/ground appearance low because your mods are so good!  :sticktongue:

Clean up and standardize parts. I pick this because it will benefit all players, not just those with high horsepower gaming machines. I love Kopernicus, SVT, EVE, SVE, but only a portion of the community can use those.

1 hour ago, Tyko said:

Clean up and standardize parts. I pick this because it will benefit all players, not just those with high horsepower gaming machines. I love Kopernicus, SVT, EVE, SVE, but only a portion of the community can use those.

I would assume Squad would create a system that isn't as taxing as EVE  or Scatterer to allow for lesser computers to have clouds as well..  Purely speculation though.. 

14 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

Parts.

Graphical updates (clouds, scattering, planet textures) can stay mod domain because I know I'm not going to use them (no NASA PC for me); but parts need some serious work, in terms of style and overall balance.

What's the matter, you don't like launching 55 gal drums into space ?!

17 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

Parts.

Graphical updates (clouds, scattering, planet textures) can stay mod domain because I know I'm not going to use them (no NASA PC for me); but parts need some serious work, in terms of style and overall balance.

When I was using my old machine to play KSP, I shrank the EVE cloud textures to something my computer found manageable. Granted, it was rather pixely, but with all the other graphics settings dialed back it didn't look out of place, and a lot better than no clouds at all :)

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

I would assume Squad would create a system that isn't as taxing as EVE  or Scatterer to allow for lesser computers to have clouds as well..  Purely speculation though.. 

Yeah probably..unless they come up with a way to emulate your quality with lower system requirements I'd still be using your mods, would never see Stock clouds and...therefore..would still vote for improved parts  :)

On 12/8/2016 at 5:30 AM, Sharpy said:

I definitely vote planet surface. The textures NEED to be randomized. The endless grids of repeating pattern are terribly jarring. At least most of Duna is plain, but I really hate checkered Gilly.

Instead of randomized I'd prefer thoughtfully sculpted, or at the least make more point of interest kind of areas. Get more happening with color variation and textures, eg.

Parts. Pie in the sky, I'd like to be able to toggle between different unlockable paint jobs for all of the tanks, pods, and adapters, with differing gameplay effects (better skin temp, less weight, etc). Failing that for the love of heaven clean up the Rockomax parts.

Also, some mesh work so that stuff of nominally the same diameter doesn't have lips (some of the adapters don't have quite the same diameter as what they're supposed to join). Consistent thermal emission effects across all parts would be pretty sweet, too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.