KSP Weekly: Farewell John Glenn...

SQUAD

I don't get why people are so excited for a new planet.  (Granted, I've barely visited any.)

I'd much rather have more things to do once I go somewhere, rather than more places to not do much at.

Edited by razark

31 minutes ago, razark said:

I don't get why people are so excited for a new planet.  (Granted, I've barely visited any.)

I'd much rather have more things to do once I go somewhere, rather than more places to not do much at.

I feel like the Kerbin System is not enough, and once you leave Kerbin, it's varied, yes, but the terrain could be more interesting. We haven't had a new planet since 0.18.2 (Eeloo), so one more about 4-ish years after the last one would be nice.

1 minute ago, HoloYolo said:

I feel like the Kerbin System is not enough, and once you leave Kerbin, it's varied, yes, but the terrain could be more interesting.

I'm not opposed to extending the system.  I just think "stuff to do" should come before "places to be".  In the meanwhile, there's mods that extend the planetary system. 

I'd like to have more of a reason to send Kerbals somewhere.  Right now, it's not much more than land, plant flag, insta-science, check this place off the list, move on to the next one.  Yes, there's building bases, but for what purpose?  There's mining, but again, what reason is there for it?  Make fuel and load it into ships so I can go build a mining base somewhere else?  It just seems kind of bland.  I've added several mods for space stations that extend what I can do there, because there's not really a lot for them in stock, either.

Just now, razark said:

I'm not opposed to extending the system.  I just think "stuff to do" should come before "places to be".  In the meanwhile, there's mods that extend the planetary system. 

I'd like to have more of a reason to send Kerbals somewhere.  Right now, it's not much more than land, plant flag, insta-science, check this place off the list, move on to the next one.  Yes, there's building bases, but for what purpose?  There's mining, but again, what reason is there for it?  Make fuel and load it into ships so I can go build a mining base somewhere else?  It just seems kind of bland.  I've added several mods for space stations that extend what I can do there, because there's not really a lot for them in stock, either.

There's mods for improving science and terrain too. 

Mods should never be a permanent fix to a want of a gamer. Especially if the game is still being developed. 

Maybe they're being so secretive because they are firing Flying Tiger and taking over the porting themselves.  For legal reasons they wouldn't be able to talk about it until everything was finalized.  I HIGHLY doubt this is the big secret but I am holding out hope that us console users will have a playable game soon. 

6 minutes ago, mibo22 said:

Maybe they're being so secretive because they are firing Flying Tiger and taking over the porting themselves.  For legal reasons they wouldn't be able to talk about it until everything was finalized.  I HIGHLY doubt this is the big secret but I am holding out hope that us console users will have a playable game soon. 

Firing all the people who know anything about how the code works is not a path to releasing an update soon.

13 minutes ago, mibo22 said:

8 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

I was literally just reading that as you posted your reply.  Wonderful news!!!!!!!  So long flying tiger!!!!!  Good riddance to baaaaaad rubbish!!!!!  Great work (as usual) Squad.

18 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Firing all the people who know anything about how the code works is not a path to releasing an update soon.

I don't think Squad employees were the problem with the port.  Thats what they hired flying tiger for.  And now, it appears, they (flying tiger) have been sacked for their incompetence.  And rightfully so.

40 minutes ago, mibo22 said:

I don't think Squad employees were the problem with the port.  Thats what they hired flying tiger for.  And now, it appears, they (flying tiger) have been sacked for their incompetence.  And rightfully so.

I never said Squad was at fault for the console port (though they are in the end, it was their choice to hire Flying Tiger) and I never said they shouldn't end that partnership/contract. I think this is a good move, even though I still think a console port in general is a bad idea for this game.

My comment was specifically addressing the bolded word in this post:

1 hour ago, mibo22 said:

I HIGHLY doubt this is the big secret but I am holding out hope that us console users will have a playable game soon.

Edited by 5thHorseman

34 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I never said Squad was at fault for the console port (though they are in the end, it was their choice to hire Flying Tiger) and I never said they shouldn't end that partnership/contract. I think this is a good move, even though I still think a console port in general is a bad idea for this game.

My comment was specifically addressing the bolded word in this post:

I wasn't trying to argue with you, or call you out on anything.  Nor was I reading anything into you post.  I am just happy to have some progress towards a working port.  Sorry if I sounded argumentative.  Also, you can't really blame Squad for flying tigers incompetence.  I'm sure if they had know that FT was going to screw up so royally they would not have hired them in the first place.  I guess hindsight is 20/20, as they say.

The "german" names, to me, neither sound nor look any more german than any of the other names that use the same alphabet.

I won't mind, since I'm assuming that I can sidestep the entire localization and keep running the whole thing in english. (Just my personal preference.)

Looking forward to learning the deeper meaning of the poem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.