The Holidays are Here!

KAL 9000

We watched A Christmas Story the day after Thanksgiving. (One of my favorite movies of all time. When we got a new dog two years ago I wanted to name her Bumpus, but I was out-voted. Darren McGavin is pretty much my role model for fatherhood.)

Then a couple of nights ago we watched A Charlie Brown Christmas. (One of my benchmarks for the decline of Western civilization is when we become so PC that we won't let Linus recite the 2nd chapter of Luke on national television.)

We finished our first gallon of homemade eggnog. I've got to stop by the store and pick up some heavy cream to make up our second gallon.

The Christmas season is well under way! :)

16 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

To get into the holiday spirit, I rewatched that movie Elf. 

#ThroneOfLies

I rewatched that movie a month ago. Also... 

I'm singing

I'm in a store

and I'm siiiiiingiiiiing!

I'm in a store

and I'm siiiiiingiiiiing!

15 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

I ventured through the seven layers of the candy cane forest I ordered a 4" 3D print from @Eucl3D, and am hoping to get Civ 6, Titanfall 2, and a 144Hz 1080p monitor for Christmas. Oh yeah and Duran Duran CDs.

Uh... Not quite... “I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel."

For Christmas I'm going to grow a bunch of trees and block people's doors in Minecraft get awesome stuff! :D Christmas is so fun! 

21 hours ago, TheSaint said:

We watched A Christmas Story the day after Thanksgiving. (One of my favorite movies of all time. When we got a new dog two years ago I wanted to name her Bumpus, but I was out-voted. Darren McGavin is pretty much my role model for fatherhood.)

Then a couple of nights ago we watched A Charlie Brown Christmas. (One of my benchmarks for the decline of Western civilization is when we become so PC that we won't let Linus recite the 2nd chapter of Luke on national television.)

We finished our first gallon of homemade eggnog. I've got to stop by the store and pick up some heavy cream to make up our second gallon.

The Christmas season is well under way! :)

YUS I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!! I would get a dog and name it Bumpus, but 1. My mom's allergic, and 2. My dad's dog has been 'Ariel' for 5 years and I don't think she would like the change :wink:

16 minutes ago, Rainbowtrout said:

Well, it's finally acceptable to listen to Christmas music! At long last! I think we can all agree that Fairytale of New York is the best Christmas song - no argument.

Joke's on you, I don't listen to Christmas music at Christmastime.

image.png

1 hour ago, Pine said:

I have school until 5 days before Christmas, so no holiday spirit for me until then! Only hard work, tears and blood...

I had a meeting to go to yesterday in another building on campus, so I went over a little early to follow up on a problem that one of the web developers was working on for me. Conversation went something like this:

"Hey, how's it going? Have you tracked down that issue we had this morning?"

"I have a ton of other work to be doing. Instead I've spent all day parsing through logs trying to track down this issue, and I've found nothing."

"Wow. Sorry about that. Well, hey, at least it's only six more days to Christmas Break!"

"Six more? I thought it started on Friday?"

"Uh, nope, break doesn't start until Wednesday this year because Christmas is on Sunday."

"Ugh, seriously? Did you come over here just to ruin my day, or was there some other reason?"

"No, actually, I came over here for this dumb meeting that George called about contractor user accounts. Weren't you in this meeting too?"

<He stares at me blankly for a second>

"You forgot all about it, didn't you?"

<He starts banging his head against his desk>

I am now called Crusher of Souls! LOL :sticktongue:

I've been saving money for a whole year and got myself a semiprofessional microscope. That's all I need for the holidays. I wanted to actually own one since I was a kid and now I finally can, as an adult. I'm all set. :)

Here's some moss with lateral illumination at 40x magnification. The whole image has a span of less than 3 mm.

Spoiler

15451260_378687492483807_1306941419_n.jp

Edited by lajoswinkler

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.