Music Thread

legoclone09

9 hours ago, Jeb1969 said:

I love this song although honestly It gets played too much.

It was all I listened to for a good six months three years ago. Just that song. I didn't listen to it for about a year and a half after that.

yup exactly that ; listening and "air piano" tend to start spontaneaously (( )) nice compo maestro ^^

and for the plot it's about the universe(s), the world, various being(s), evolution, "bread", tech progress rate, international relationship, equilibrium and balance and some question(s) wich for some might/may need an "answer" or not, it' s been a while rng not brought to me a nice anime like this one ^^

(( also it's seem it's the first toei animation studio anime in cgi , 12ep or so))

Edited by WinkAllKerb''
because

While this isn't discussing KSP, I wonder what kind of music the KSP community listens to. I'm a big fan of alternative music, with my favorite band being Weezer, but not everyone is the same as me, so tell me, what do you listen to?

Mostly _MetallicA_

else, I rather make my own....

shameless self-plug levels approaching critical health hazard threshold!!! 

just tonight I finally managed to upload a copy of our first CD to the forever-tube  -- I'm pretty stoked about it, personally... but I think this might be of interest of KSP players everywhere, considering three of the people who first conceived "Kerbals" as a thing, (way before the game, when it could easily cost one a limb or two) are members of that band....

the name was changed to "Vanquish" about a month prior to printing the first few thousand discs (damn you, reminiscent 1990's, and your cumbersome physical-object-format media!!) - before that, the band went by the name "Bad HarvesT"  

any possibly perceived naming coincidences are exclusively due to a strict set of self evident cause-and-effect relationships as determined by obvious proof and factual observation, which does not imply that one thing has to do with another..... according to ancient astronaut theorists...

8 hours ago, Moach said:

I thoroughly recommend exploring all songs in the playlist - as one of them happens to almost prophetically describe the legend of Jebediah Kerman in its lyrics... it was written over 10 years before any Kerbal had ever been named "Jeb" (though Kerbals pre-date even Vanquish)

"Vanquish"* existed as a band from the frayed edges of early 2004 up to the doom-fraught scatters of 2011, when it violently disassembled unto a singularity, following which several units of mass failed to yield themselvesxC² as energy, and to this day remain unaccounted for... 

the person doing all the singing is me (right of lineup photo) - at the opposite end, is former KSP project lead HarvesteR - he plays most of the guitar solos and sings the backup lines as well.  

the bass player is one of the original members of the S.R.P-4 Kerbal Rocketry Team, the bunch of teens who somehow managed to not explode off their digits in the process, such that a pair of them became programmers much later

the drummer is actually a popular comic-book character in south america, known for always doing things backwards -- his father is a famous cartoonist who publishes these comics, in which he's based most characters off his own children...

* unrelated bands by the name "Vanquish" do continue to exist, and remain comparatively affected by mass extinction events and the ruthless passage of eons to the limited extent of my knowledge.... despite myself holding the (probably expired) trademark for "Vanquish" as a band name, these band are free to call themselves that as they please, as I don't really care even the little enough needed to check if I still own it and/or did not hallucinate the entire process over a decade ago  -- either way, let them be... in the music business, they got enough problems already

Since all the music of "Crossbones" had been registered for copyright under my name, (since I was elected "least likely to quit at random") I hereby grant that it be in the public domain since the time of their uploading (just about an hour ago)...

hopefully no greedy-thievy 'record publishers' dare try claiming copyrights and give ppl sh't about posting videos with it on the tubes...  that, I'd have a problem with - this is an independently recorded album, made possible by band member relatives who happened to own a recording studio

cheers

Edited by Moach

Lately, mostly stuff from 1940-1945.

Although it's pretty rare that I'm just listening to music.  Mostly it's just been while I'm driving or doing the more physically-active, thinking-uninvolved parts of my job.

I love murder music.

Like synthwave combined with hard rock and dubstep.

Or 

https://m.soundcloud.com/dj-francophilippe/gtr

It just gives me this thrill of murdering people,at least fictionally, I just like it, don't ask why, it is not some sort of a fetish, it is athrill dose.

Edited by cratercracker

Well how did I get Here?

Same as it ever was... 

This song is by far one of the most under appreciated songs by Rush  

I do not know what is more awesome: Alex Lifeson's insane Guitar solo or Geddy's masterful synthesizer usage. 

How many of these threads have we had? Anyway....

This probably sums up my recent listening, which has basically been a ton of stoner/desert/doom/blues rock and metal.

• 3 weeks later...

I listen to a wide range of stuff, i like Capital Cities, Aloe Blacc, Gnarls Barkley, Macklemore, Some stuff by Rudimental (Waiting all night, Feel The Love), John Newman. Along with other songs, like Stay Lost (Cabu Remix), Gecko, You've Got The Love (Florence + The Machine), Beautiful Escape (Tom Misch), and some less modern stuff/artists, like Bob Marley, Elton John, David Bowie (of course), Mr. Blue Sky, September. Not sure i have an absolute favourite, it really depends on my mood.

• 1 year later...

Shameless plug to  my own compositions maybe...   

Influences include of course all the basics like, John Williams and ilk, Koji Kondo, Jeremy Soule ( particularly the Total Annihilation OST ), perhaps a bit of Dream Theater here and there, and in some parts even the above mentioned "Adventures of Tintin" theme. Plus a million other random bits of tune from galaxy knows where...  Music you make is always made of the music you hear.

Yet, inconveniently lacking an orchestra at my disposal, this was all done with MIDI

Edited by Moach

I generally like to listen to music while I'm working, and here are a few of my current favourites for that.

Death in Vegas - The Contino Sessions: I like their earlier albums like this, but not so keen on the later ones.

Spoiler

J G Thirlwell (under Steroid Maximus label) - Ectopia: The wierd and wonderful madness of Mr Thirlwell, best known as the creator of the Venture Bros soundtrack.

Spoiler

Probably my favourite track from the album.

Jerry Goldsmith - Planet of the Apes OST: One of his best and drawn from a lot by other composers.

Spoiler

Edited by purpleivan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.