Music Thread

legoclone09

It's funny, I have a thing for filmi music (Bollywood stuff), and SE asian pop---well, pop from the 80s there, anyway. I don't know any of it really, I have a little picked pretty much at random. For me it's evocative of the 7 months I spent bumming around Asia after college.

Oh wow... I just found a video of... well, me... onstage in 2009.

I didn't know any still existed... I thought they had all been lost.

This is a little embarrassing, but why not, it is a music thread.

OK, this is the last song of the last set of the same festival I posted a pic of earlier in this thread... and everyone, including a bunch of the crowd, came onstage for one final jam session sort of thing.

The sound isn't the best, sorry... I didn't record this. But if you look, you'll see a rather goofy looking guy in a floppy hat and red T-shirt take the mike at about 3:30...

That goofy guy is me, playing a high-G sunflower stalk flute (no kidding)... 

Try not to laugh to hard... lmao.... :sticktongue:

Edited by Just Jim

^^probably my favourite music video in existance^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-ndPr0fwJQ

Gonna leave that one as a link, as the only good, unedited version I could find was a lyric video and the lyrics are not the type of thing that should be displayed on this forum, but in the interest of displaying my musical tastes I should leave it there

^^Scariest human alive^^

^^My favourite artist from my home country^^

Nothing in my mind makes me feel like I am in deep space in a Science Fiction setting more than listening to this very moving and quite dramatic work by Yanni. 

The same thing can be said about this extremely serene work by Enya, but unlike Yanni's Twilight which makes me feel like I'm in some sort of Science Fiction film or TV show set in Deep Space, this one rather makes me think of the natural satellites or moons of Saturn, probably because of the title of this particular song :)

Edited by Jeb1969

in before this turns into one of those atrocious threads where everyone just posts videos. i like metal, mostly of the doom, sludge, black, and thrash varieties, outlaw country, classic rock, motorhead (its its own genre imho), with some classical and opera thrown in. i dont like anything that is over processed or autotuned, this is the cancer that is ruining music today.

Edited by Nuke

On 6/20/2017 at 3:04 AM, Parv Kerman said:

This has got very mysterious lyrics...

"You can check out anytime you want..,

But you can never leave..!"

Best of all!

That line makes sense when you consider that Hotel California was rumored to be about addiction. I just checked the wiki but couldn't confirm that. Seems mostly about the fine line between the American Dream and the American Nightmare in the wiki

I really don't care to what I listen. Most things are fine. But, play a pop song from 2010 on or so, and I may have a desire to murder you.

In other news, been listening to the beetles and had Penny Lane stuck in my head for a bit

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2017 at 5:04 AM, Parv Kerman said:

check this out!

Country music from70s!

This has got very mysterious lyrics...

"You can check out anytime you want..,

But you can never leave..!"

Best of all!

I love this song although honestly It gets played too much. The song believe it or not is actually a giant metaphor for someone who checks into a rehab clinic. as Don Henley sings, the clues start coming the first comes in my opinion with the lines "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty-nine" and "Her mind is Tiffany Twisted she got the Mercedes Bends." and by the end with the final words before one of the greatest guitar solos ever composed the musical image becomes clear. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.