KSP on console - my experience

Disclaimer: I am a KSP beginner with limited (just over 32 hours logged on X1) experience. This is my experience and if not the same as yours, I don't mind as long as you don't mind.

I bought KSP on Steam about 2 years ago. I played on my Ultrabook and loved it. It reignited my interest in gaming after many years. However, my PC had limited resources and I wanted to continue playing space games, so I bought a Xbox since Elite Dangerous was just leaving GPP.

Fast forward quite some time, and the rumors of a KSP on console became a reality. I bought it the same day. I started it and expected it to be at least very similar to the PC version I still have. The first thing that changed was the control scheme, very difficult at first to get used to. It seemed that FTE didn't spend a lot of thought on this. Also, it seemed a difficult game on its own right. After a couple of tries, I decided to continue to play other games until I felt it was the time to return to KSP.

Well, that time came when I saw the KSP printed guide book that was published not long ago. I got it and read the basic fundamentals, which I didn't get right before. With renewed enthusiasm I started a Science mode game, and since then I have learned a lot about the game and how to use the control scheme. I got used to it, and worked around it when it was not cooperating.

Now, I am enjoying the game more than ever. I know there are no mods, and on my mind I don't count on them anyway. It's all about the small victories instead: the first orbit, the first Mun flyby, the first Munar landing... 

KSP on console made me play KSP again, and for me that's great.image?url=z951ykn43p4FqWbbFvR2Ec.8vbDhj8

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.