"No Target", still

Not played for a while, eggbox one user here, after a dull day pondering the meaning of life and trying to avoid mass murder in the office I thought I'd give KSP another go.

New career as frankly I have no idea where and what anything was doing in the old one, so total wipe of save data and a fresh start.

First rocket launch, investigated a goo pod shortly after launching a very basic 'lawn dart' rocket, tried to select the second with the 'B' button... aaannnnd "no target", unable now to select anything on the rocket, once landed an EVA was attempted, unable to select the kerbel so went back to the space centre, or tried to, still "no target" and unable to recover the craft or just return.

Have now given up until this is fixed, the game is unplayable, this bug has hit before but deleting debris etc seemed to control it - now occurred on the first flight, can't be bothered wasting my time playing something where the mission will fail due to a simple, yet utterly game breaking, bug munching the controls and forcing a re-boot (simply quitting to the console and restarting never seems to clear it, the games unstable until rebooted).

Pity, its a wonderfully engaging game, when it works

They have recently announced that flying tiger has been given the boot and they are working with a new company to (hopefully) finally get the console versions working.  Read the OP HERE.  (sorry I don't know how to do the fancy looking link).  The new company actually has a ton of experience porting games and it looks like they know what they're doing, so don't give up hope.  Should be ready "early next year".

• 3 weeks later...

Indeed, looking forwards to this, still tinkering but not really trying to do anything other than tinkering.

Still getting the issue, to the point there are times I start the game and can't even leave KSC into any of the buildings due to this error, doesn't seem to be related to the size of the save either, no idea whats causing it but would hope the new company actually test a few things.

Will see how long it takes but its worth the wait if it works

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.