1000 hours. I have no life.

/not/pol/

1 hour ago, DocMoriarty said:

I'm somewhere around 3000+ hours since 0.19. It definitly was worth it's money. No other game i played gets even remotely close to that.

For me, the only other game that has this many hours of playtime is Minecraft. Interestingly, both are driven by an awesome modding community, which imo has driven them far beyond their original lifetimes :) 

Today is the 19th December 2016. I got KSP exactly a year ago (actually, right to the hour at the time of posting :confused:) and so far, Steam says I've logged 543 hours. However, I've probably logged at least 800 hours, since I had multiple other saves that are unrelated to Steam.

I'm not far off :D 

Yep. I have about 1500 hours that I accrued (off Steam, so no accurate count) in about 2 years, and I am just now getting back into it after a 2-year hiatus. I have about 175 hours into my current save and will likely put in another 500 when all is said and done. You are just beginning and you will love every second of it!

At 1000 I stopped counting them... I think I am over 2000 now.... Estimating by the time that passed since I downloaded the game for the first time and the average number of hours a week I spend with it.

By the way, is there a counter we can read that gives us the precise figure? I am not using Steam, I downloaded directly from Squad's site.

At 1000 I stopped counting them... I think I am over 2000 now.... Estimating by the time that passed since I downloaded the game for the first time and the average number of hours a week I spend with it.

By the way, is there a counter we can read that gives us the precise figure?

By the way, is there a counter we can read that gives us the precise figure?

Edited by Jaeleth

Man, this brings me back to the time when I installed life, while sitting in the VAB a few years ago. Apparently it's the oldest game ever. Of course, I get bored sometimes. Well, anyways, I would like to continue my School Homework miniseries, but fun has to wait- I have a rocket to design.

Edited by Matuchkin

3 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

Man, this brings me back to the time when I installed life, while sitting in the VAB a few years ago. Apparently it's the oldest game ever. Of course, I get bored sometimes. Well, anyways, I would like to continue my School Homework miniseries, but fun has to wait- I have a rocket to design.

The graphics are *really* good, but the gameplay is often dull and grindy and you can only play hardmode, no reverts or saves.

7 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

The graphics are *really* good, but the gameplay is often dull and grindy and you can only play hardmode, no reverts or saves.

The thing is, I'm trying to find a place where I can give developer suggestions. That's exactly what I'll tell them. Not sure how, though- seriously, they did a good job on it, but they really gotta make this more user-friendly and focus a bit less on realism or graphics. I'd say, remove some aspects of the physics engine and drop the whole concept of "politics", it seems to be glitchy and makes this too complicated. Then remove several parts of the RAM-heavy education system, and perhaps tone down some of the survival mechanics. Perhaps we can also remove the over-complex economic system- a simple "buy/sell" system would work just fine. Perhaps implement a respawning system? You know, make the game more friendly and simple.

Edited by Matuchkin

No life at 1,000 hours? Wow, I'm at 2049 as of yesterday (and will break 2050 today, am fairly certain!). So... I guess I don't even know what life is! And to think, I had at least close to 200 hours before I bought it on Steam... :D

9 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Um, I do hope you are joking as I have really not found that much boredom  - even in sandbox! There are always a variety of play styles one can use. I humbly offer a few suggestions for your awesome moderator consideration:

• Try restricting yourself to craft that are only LFOX based.
  • Try restricting all crewed craft to be recyclable.
    • I'm not talking about recovering a vehicle when it is on Kerbin.
    • I'm talking about a craft that flies from the surface of Kerbin, then do whatever it is you do, then return.
    • EVA the crew, recover the crew while EVA on Kerbin.
    • Refuel the craft, then return it to space on another mission, etc...
    • Build stations and bases to refuel craft for return, whether the base is on Kerbin, Mimumus the Mun, or Duna...
  • Restrict yourself to asymmetrical craft. Including spacecraft and air planes/space planes. 
  • Restrict yourself to non-conventional fuels and propulsion methods, such as decouplers and stack separators...

On 12/19/2016 at 2:21 PM, SpacedCowboy said:

I retired close to four years ago just about the time I was introduced to KSP. Bought it through the store so there's no accurate record. I've played on the average 6 hours per day, every day.

I'm afraid to do the math.

6 hours per day makes perfect sense to me - well between the game and hanging out on the forum. My son bought KSP for me back in 2013 as my Christmas.present. Best gift ever! I retired on disability earlier that year. KSP has become my second career.

I bought KSP just before the release of 1.1.3 - so early June. I hit 1000 hours sometime in november. Last count was 1021 on 11/29. The count is wrong now because I've been playing RSS/RO copy outside of steam for maybe ~100 hours.

You are among friends :) Also thanks for sharing, you made me feel better :)

11 hours ago, LordCorwin said:

I'm close to 4000 hours, I believe...  long time ago I decided to hide from Steam, as my friends were already making jokes about me, you know... 'I think I had a friend but one day he discovered KSP and...'

^Unsung hero of the forum- 4000 hours, only 62 rep.

1000 hours in KSP is to me more like, dude, you're awesome. I only have somewhere under 100, but I've been playing for about a month or so. Funny enough, I think I have gotten dumber with my designs since I started playing. I used to make cool things, now I make lame ass stuff, that can't even get off the ground. I landed on the Mun and even made a rescue crane to recover the lander. Now I can't even launch a recovery ship anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.