Holy crap is my 2yr career corrupted now

I was just playing my career 10 min ago (longer by the time i'm done writing this), when it suddenly crashed to desktop. It did so earlier, but i figured it was just a fluke (ksp does this sometimes) and it provided an error log here, crash DMP file here. No output log was recorded, which is odd because i have a similar crash report that last happened on the 14th which did provide an output log in addition to the error and DMP files. That being said, I was still able to play my career just fine after that crash, and the first one that happened today.

After jumping back into the game I went back to my craft which has a 3yr wait till a maneuver, and pressed time accelerate. I suddenly realized 2yrs into the warp that i have a craft getting a kerbin SOI alarm sooner then the craft i was currently warping with. I stopped time warp, shut autowarp off of MJ, and on the KAC HUD clicked on jump to craft for the SOI change. The game crashes again to desktop instantly, no error message. I start up the game, and it says "Error accessing this save. Object reference not set to an instance of an object": https://www.dropbox.com/s/lotyd5sjkai9fq9/20161215233505_1.jpg?dl=0

What the hell happened? Do I seriously have to start over again? It's been i want to say 2 years. This file is THE reason I still play ksp. The career was started just after the 1.0 release; i made a new one since my old file, which did not use mods got corrupted.

Here's a list of all my mods; https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9dm4nep4tq5tua/ksp mods list.png?dl=0

My system specs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rb6n2keu8u6163l/DxDiag.txt?dl=0

If I can provide more information or need to clarify something please let me know. I appreciate any help!

You should also have some autosaves which happen every 5 minutes up to 20 minutes back.

Check the 'saves' folder in your KSP folder. Before you do anythign else, back up that whole folder.

Then as tg626 mentioned, you can try renaming any of those backup to persistent.sfs and move it to the saves folder.

Edited by kball

that fixed it! I was able to find an autosave and rename it. FIrst I spelt persistant wrong but after changing it to persistent it worked ok lol. My ship was exploded upon the load though; i quicksaved in the atmosphere but its usually ok. Veryy annoying since i took off that emergency parachute on the cabin.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.