Mod that changes m/s -> mph (miles per hour) and/or others?

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

h5UsGxK.png

Totally wrong. Many countries landed on the moon. Soviets were the first to land on the moon. Chinese landed on the moon more recently. I think even the indian space program landed on the moon (or was it an impactor ?). By the way, i don't think using the imperial unit system helped in any way when the US did their manned landing on the moon.

My intention of the previous post was to show that a lot of information (engineering, but also on space travel, and possibly on moon landings) is available in the metric system, simply because a large part of the world uses that as its system.

On 12/19/2016 at 0:21 AM, Magzimum said:

On behalf of the rest of the world I would like to leave this here: a map of all countries in the world that are still using the imperial units of measure.

MapOfCountriesNotMetric-800px.jpg

Note, however, that there are still other oddball units out there.

The usual supermarket unit of measure in China is the jing (phonetic, I don't know how to spell it in Pinyin), equal to 500 grams.  I think the stores are required to use the metric units but almost nothing is priced by the kg, rather by the 500g.

• 6 months later...

Some politically charged posts have been removed. Of all things you guys get your jimmies rustled over, it's units of measurement? No politics, people. 

This thread is quite old and we don't need to be reviving it so we can talk about how our numbers are better than yours.