I am trying to create a multi-player game for my students where they can all work on the same space station - creating, launching, flying, and docking components for the space station. Is this possible with the DarkMultiPlayer (DMP) mod and server. We have DMP working on a non-EDU version, but cannot get it to show up in the EDU version. I appreciate any assistance anyone can provide.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/19/2016 at 1:57 PM, robotworks said:

I am trying to create a multi-player game for my students where they can all work on the same space station - creating, launching, flying, and docking components for the space station. Is this possible with the DarkMultiPlayer (DMP) mod and server. We have DMP working on a non-EDU version, but cannot get it to show up in the EDU version. I appreciate any assistance anyone can provide.

Unfortunately, DMP is not compatible with Kerbal EDU in my experience. It is still in alpha build, and I doubt that compatibility will come to KerbalEDU because of the time it would take the developer to make two versions of the mod.

I'm pretty sure it is possible for a mod to be created for EDU, try having your school's CompSci class build a mod for you guys. Maybe you can convince @GodArkLight to give you the source code of DMP to work off of.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.