KRL-KerbalRacingLeague-Event organizer tools

Just now, Triop said:

I'm not hosting it either, it's a big event. Hope when it comes it's done right.

Sounds like @OrbitalBuzzsaw is on it. 

Man, I still need to turn in my Dakar run. :blush: 

1 minute ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

KSC 2 to the Temple to the coast to Coaler Crater to KSC. Ends September 2

Holy ****

Just now, DrunkenKerbalnaut said:

Nah that's too much for me. Might as well Elcano. 

I've had my Dakar truck built and ready since before christmas, life just got 'fun'. 

Dakar truck oughta be fine so long as you add a bit more fuel and it has all the stuff for going in the race (see the thread)

3 minutes ago, Triop said:

Me too :lol:

Hah! I don't feel nearly as bad now. 

5 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Dakar truck oughta be fine so long as you add a bit more fuel and it has all the stuff for going in the race (see the thread)

No I mean that route is a bit much. Not that I won't watch. Always fun to see what people come up with.

A lot of headway was made in the latest methods of "endurance rovering" in the various Dakar threads. If your race goes over well, I'm sure we will see some great designs and improvements, yet. 

20 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Route is a surprise to keep vehicles ready for anything, cause the race will cover all sorts of terrain. KSC 2 to the Temple to the coast to Coaler Crater to KSC. Ends September 1 and you can only make changes with KIS or in the VAB between vehicle changes at Vehicle Change Points (wait and see)

I think you have to give us more information about the route in your challenge thread, right now I do not have any idea what to do with it.

I don't think "wait and see" is enough to post a challenge, I hope you bring more clarity to it. ^_^

14 minutes ago, Triop said:

I think you have to give us more information about the route in your challenge thread, right now I do not have any idea what to do with it.

I don't think "wait and see" is enough to post a challenge, I hope you bring more clarity to it. ^_^

More importantly, alternatively, if you have a clear idea in your head, keep it that way until release. We watched ol' Triop pull his hair out when the Dakar thing got popular. He had the luxury of peer review, but the downside of a lot of noise in the opinion pool. 

Somebody like me saying "holy crap that sounds too long", having only read about your intended route could form the wrong opinion before they even see the race. 

I guess pick your poison. 

Edited by DrunkenKerbalnaut

5 minutes ago, DrunkenKerbalnaut said:

More importantly, if you have a clear idea in your head, keep it that way until release. We watched ol' Triop pull his hair out when the Dakar thing got popular. He had the luxury of peer review, but the downside of a lot of noise in the opinion pool. 

Somebody like me saying "holy crap that sounds too long", having only read about your intended route could form the wrong opinion before they even see the race. 

I guess pick your poison. 

Yeah, learned a lot from that experience.

I just hate it when a good challenge idea is being rushed and badly executed...

That why this is such a good thread - event - organizer - tools.

9 hours ago, Triop said:

I need to finish the course design for the first rally tonight. But it's KSC2 to Desert Temple

15 hours ago, DrunkenKerbalnaut said:

Man, I still need to turn in my Dakar run. :blush:

15 hours ago, Triop said:

Me too :lol:

15 hours ago, DrunkenKerbalnaut said:

Hah! I don't feel nearly as bad now.

*cough is heard from way back at the Stage 3 starting point* "WHAT'S THAT?!?!? I CAN'T HEAR YOU FROM HOW FAR YOU'RE AHEAD!"

2 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

*cough is heard from way back at the Stage 3 starting point* "WHAT'S THAT?!?!? I CAN'T HEAR YOU FROM HOW FAR YOU'RE AHEAD!"

I actually was nearly done on day 1, but realized every one of my screenshots showed target mode speed, and not surface. And I had failed to record a time screenshot at the start flag, because I was so excited to start. 

Which brings to mind: @Triop, have you ever heard of this mod called "Races!"?

:sticktongue:

Edited by DrunkenKerbalnaut

17 hours ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

I need to finish the course design for the first rally tonight. But it's KSC2 to Desert Temple

3 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Hey, does anyone have a thread for the KSC2 rally? I'd like to know the course so I can get ready; I'm out of the Dakar (NUUUUUUUUUU :() and I want REVENGE!!!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.