KSP Weekly: The KSP Team wishes you Happy Holidays o/

SQUAD

What if the strut ends were spherical? The surface attachment point would be in the center, so only half of the sphere would show above the attached part geometry. Rotation would not matter, then. I think the result would look more like a supporting rod/bar/strut, welded at each end.

I admire your efforts on localisation, dear developers. Being Russian, I'm especially glad that you will translate game in Russian.

But text on that picture is not so good (other men just wrote all mistakes). I hope we won't see such translation quality in patch release!

Anyway, good try! I hope that you will "hear the voice of community" in Experimentals and Pre-release phases to make text correct. We are ready to help with translation!

(As always, sorry for possible bad English!)

Edited by Nuff

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 6:52 PM, SQUAD said:

In the past edition of KSP Weekly we told you about the struts and fuel line parts that had been updated with a new model that allows you to select both ends of the strut to relocate them and to tweak them individually. Here’s a gif to illustrate how it works now.

This probably a minor thing, but I want to ask: will placement of the second "node" of struts respect angle snap? In my experience, the placing the second part disregards snap mode, so it's a little harder match alignment. Granted, I play with heavily modded installs, so maybe I missed out on this at some point, maybe. I use EEX(R) to help with strut placement. (Though I tend to use KJR to get past needing struts. Otherwise, I use RoboStruts, though development of that mod is tied to IR's remodeling, last I recall.)

25 minutes ago, StahnAileron said:

This probably a minor thing, but I want to ask: will placement of the second "node" of struts respect angle snap? In my experience, the placing the second part disregards snap mode, so it's a little harder match alignment. Granted, I play with heavily modded installs, so maybe I missed out on this at some point, maybe. I use EEX(R) to help with strut placement. (Though I tend to use KJR to get past needing struts. Otherwise, I use RoboStruts, though development of that mod is tied to IR's remodeling, last I recall.)

I hope it will be like that. I would loce to have nice-looking struts.

Also nice profile picture. Girls und Panzer is great.

Question: @SQUAD would it be feasible to release the localized kspedia language as mods in the current release to get feed-back/corrections from native speakers in the community?

Seems like it should be a fairly low-effort(assuming one language per mod, replacing the English kspedia) way to get a lot of native speakers who know something about rockets to review the language and offer corrections. 

From picture:

Spoiler

Дыхание Воздухозаборники

Воздухозаборники (например, в двигателях) необходимы для реактивных двигателей и бывают разных форм и размеров.
Главное  помнить;, что они просто направляют набегающий поток воздуха в двигатель.

Чем быстрее вы летите, тем больше воздуха поступает в воздухозаборник.
Чем выше вы находитесь, тем меньше воздуха у вас вам доступно.

Выбор правильного Рекомендуемый выбор.

Хотя все воздухозаборники выполняют одну задачу, по виду и работе некоторые подходят к конструкции лучше других.
Во время сборки всегда важно выбирать правильные детали и обращать [end of text]

Edited by kerbiloid

2 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Дыхание Воздухозаборники

Воздухозаборники (например, в двигателях) необходимы для реактивных двигателей и бывают разных форм и размеров.
Главное  помнить;, что они просто направляют набегающий поток воздуха в двигатель.

Чем быстрее вы летите, тем больше воздуха поступает в воздухозаборник.
Чем выше вы находитесь, тем меньше воздуха у вас вам доступно.

Выбор правильного Рекомендуемый выбор.

Хотя все воздухозаборники выполняют одну задачу, по виду и работе некоторые подходят к конструкции лучше других.
Во время сборки всегда важно выбирать правильные детали и обращать [end of text]

I understand what you're doing here (giving criticism on the translation), but please post in English. 

For example: 'This expression being used for air intakes "Дыхание" is better translated as this "Воздухозаборники"', and so on :) 

Just now, monstah said:

I understand what you're doing here (giving criticism on the translation), but please post in English. 

For example: 'This expression being used for air intakes "Дыхание" is better translated as this "Воздухозаборники"', and so on :) 

I just placed the text from the picture having marked the changes with color.
As it's in Russian, hard to post it in English.

4 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

I just placed the text from the picture having marked the changes with color.
As it's in Russian, hard to post it in English.

I was going to explain myself better, but you just edited the post and that's exactly what I was talking about. Thanks :) 

18 hours ago, Luch said:

Hi!

I can give you all my 1.1.x translations for free. The only thing you need is to change a couple of phrases, for example, Gus Kerman description.
I'll be very happy if my work appear in the game

[pics]

Now that's what I call a true Russian translation. It's on the level of what you see in movies professionally dubbed by a television company. Amazing job, Luch!

@Badie Would you mind bringing it to the discussion table?

Edited by Enceos

7 hours ago, Enceos said:

Now that's what I call a true Russian translation. It's on the level of what you see in movies professionally dubbed by a television company. Amazing job, Luch!

@Badie Would you mind bringing it to the discussion table?

Yes ! I'll share it with the team maybe he can help us. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.