[Stock Craft] The R.M.S TITANIC - 744-part replica of the doomed steamship

Columbia

R.M.S Titanic

(this thing was a pain in the ass to deal with, y'all better like it lmao)

hm0jax0.gif

Overview:

This ship took me four weeks of construction to complete. I think I could safely say that this was my proudest creation yet. eh whatever it's for blowing up, can't sink tho

RMS Titanic was a British passenger liner that sank in the North Atlantic Ocean in the early morning of 15 April 1912, after colliding with an iceberg during her maiden voyage from Southampton to New York City. Of the 2,224 passengers and crew aboard, more than 1,500 died, making it one of the deadliest commercial peacetime maritime disasters in modern history. The largest ship afloat at the time it entered service, the RMS Titanic was the second of three Olympic class ocean liners operated by the White Star Line, and was built by the Harland and Wolff shipyard in Belfast. 

Instructions for usage:

1. Somehow bring it into the water (lest it somehow doesn't shatter) or use VesselMover to set it down.

2. Start the engines by staging.

3. Change direction by yaw, and Custom01 reverses the engines. However, it's often slow to reverse (just like the real life ship..) It travels at an average of 15 m/s.

Specifications:

Parts: 744
Mass: 289.151 tons

Height: 24.0m
Width: 9.3m
Length: 81.5m (1/3 Scale)

jrQXuHX.png

Ft66kdV.png

Mk38Fnj.png

bTF6sqG.png

ZCME8Ag.png

QO282QW.png

OpWJbOm.png

Ocd4a2i.png

aNmbvdU.png

tmN6NJK.png

FlwzshJ.png

Z81XW6u.png

gmBqr4m.png

And for comparison:

JMuT849.jpg

I8AvgUL.png

mTSvegc.jpg

vfO1uBT.png

Accompanying (and obligatory) Iceberg Replica:

Requested by a bunch of users, and designed to be used with my Titanic replica (for the more morbid among you). It’s based on a picture taken by the chief steward of the German liner Prinz Aldabert on the morning of the disaster, thought to have been one of the likely culprits for the collision.

A6DZRXq.png

titanic-iceberg-2-red-paint-nasa.jpg

3naYsJu.png

P1pChxX.png

Download link for the iceberg: https://kerbalx.com/Columbia/Titanic-Iceberg

Download link for the ship: https://www.kerbalx.com/Columbia/Titanic

Thanks for viewing!

Edited by Columbia

On 12/29/2016 at 3:42 AM, Spacetraindriver said:

Pretty sure if you move the bridge one deck down it would look better. Otherwise cool!

I tried to with Editor Extensions, but the entire deck extending from the first funnel forward is connected to what serves as the "floor" of the bridge, and trying to offset the thing apparently can cause the structure to fail and blow up. 

Sorry ;__;

On 12/27/2016 at 9:18 PM, Heckspress said:

make an iceberg

31EC532800000578-3478977-The_staggering_

God. Looks hard, but I will try.

On 12/27/2016 at 11:30 PM, mystik said:

lol, useless, but funny.

What do you mean by funny?

On 1/2/2017 at 2:07 AM, Scientia1423 said:

Looks more like the Britannic... Just needs the hospital sign that's all :D 

Eyup.. and the black parts of the funnel removed, and big-ass lifeboat cranes on the deck. :wink:

I added an iceberg as part of the downloads - as per @Heckspress's request and updated the ship - Namely, I fixed up the bridge -- It's no longer separated from the rest of the deck.

48 minutes ago, Columbia said:

Eyup.. and the black parts of the funnel removed, and big-ass lifeboat cranes on the deck. :wink:

I added an iceberg as part of the downloads - as per @Heckspress's request and updated the ship - Namely, I fixed up the bridge -- It's no longer separated from the rest of the deck.

I think ramming high speed with the iceberg will cause the ship to sink, or most likely explode.

Have you seen the film Britannic? But instead of a torpedo creating a massive hole (like irl) the guy used a bottle of Alcohol...

On 1/4/2017 at 0:55 AM, klond said:

OP delivers!

And coldly, too. :wink:

On 1/3/2017 at 8:43 PM, Scientia1423 said:

I think ramming high speed with the iceberg will cause the ship to sink, or most likely explode.

Have you seen the film Britannic? But instead of a torpedo creating a massive hole (like irl) the guy used a bottle of Alcohol...

It does.. though, to be fair, it would probably sink faster too if the Titanic had collided head-on. The replica can't sink for crap.. the lowest I've gotten it was submerging the forecastle.

I haven't, but I did see scenes from it in videos (often imposed with the song Sleeping Sun, for whatever reason.) It was depicted as an ocean liner, for some reason, even though its only real career was that of being a troop and hospital ship before it sank. If my memory serves me right, it struck a mine, contrary to what the movie depicted, though. It was the Lusitania that was sunk by torpedo.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.