New to KSP

Pabu567

Hello everyone! My name is Nicole but I also go by Pabu. I'm new to KSP and am learning all the cool things to do within the game. I'm currently working on watching all the training videos and learning everything. I just wanted to say hello and see if anyone had any tips for a beginner like me! Also to make some fellow kerbonaut friends!! 

Lots of tips, but the one that saved me from throwing the game out the window is:

Hit F5 to quicksave every time you either are about to do something stupid, or just finished doing something great. Then when - 10 seconds later - you ruin everything you can hold F9 to restore from that quicksave.

Learning when you're about to do something stupid is an art form. :D

Welcome to the forums!

Edited by 5thHorseman
I dashed wrong

Greetings and welcome to the forums, @Pabu567.

The only real tip you need is that KSP is pretty hard at first but gets easier as you get more experienced.  Try not to get overwhelmed with the 10 million things you need to know to do an epic voyage (like you've seen on you tube) and concentrate on the little things first.  This game rewards research and testing more than any other.

I played totally stock for the first year or so without making much progress until I installed a mod that lets me see the delta-v of rockets I am building in the VAB - It's my opinion that going interplanetary without this information is possible but a very inaccurate way of getting around the system.  It is possible to do these equations yourself using the Tsiolkovsky rocket equation but I'm too lazy to do actual mathematics in a game.

Another thing to remember is no to be too timid.  Try, fail and learn from your mistakes and celebrate when you succeed.  Good luck on your KSP journey.