How to hack screwdriver into KIS inventory?

Hi everyone. I just sent a refueling ship to a ship without a docking port landed on the Mun. I brought an engineer with an inventory full of components to build a docking adapter and have landed within range of my contraption-to-be, but I just found out I don't have a screwdriver in the engineer's inventory so I can't assemble anything. I usually have the screwdriver defaulted into Seat 0's inventory on my saved ships, but I guess I overlooked it this time. 

I don't normally cheat through problems in-game unless the problems come from an issue introduced by the game, and I think this incident counts... 

I'd like to know how I can hack a screwdriver into this Kerbal's inventory. I have KML to safely edit my persistence file, but since KIS isn't stock, it isn't intuitive to access the inventory the way I normally navigate the interface to fix broken solar panels, etc. What do I do?

Thanks!

I wouldn't edit the save file at all.

I'd either suck it up as my own fault, and send a resupply mission fair and square; or, if I was willing to cheat, I'd use the Set Orbit functionality to teleport a small resupply craft into low Mun orbit, land it, deliver the screwdriver and then delete the craft.

Edited by Streetwind

I ended up sucking it up and sending a little container probe with one electric screwdriver to land next to a very sheepish engineer. He has completed his mission, returned to Kerbin, and been reclassed into the VAB janitorial staff, where he will never have the chance to cost the KSC another 30,000 funds no matter HOW stupid a mistake he makes again.

9 hours ago, MitchS said:

He has completed his mission, returned to Kerbin, and been reclassed into the VAB janitorial staff, where he will never have the chance to cost the KSC another 30,000 funds no matter HOW stupid a mistake he makes again.

Be careful with these kinds of sentences. They could be understood as a challenge... :P

• 2 months later...

Streetwind basically said: Make a tiny ship with a tiny engine and your golf club. Use SetOrbit to put it in orbit where it should be -- or use the rendezvous function to put it next to a ship. (Turn on Infinite Fuel if needed. Land it if necessary.) Remove club.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.