Looking for way to make elevons capable of multiple(>2) pitch angles

Hello!

I was developing some propeller plane, and encountered a problem with stability.

When plane goes too fast, rotation speed decreases relative to the forward speed, decreasing the AoA of propeller elevons to negative causing unstable lift. It seems that the only solution is changing pitch of propellers.

So, are there a way to have 3 pitch angles? Any way will be great if it is stable and reliable.

Perhaps some small rotors could be configured for this? Or, is it possible to let landing struts push parts in the same ship? This doesn't work when I tried...

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Reusables
Edited title

4 hours ago, Abastro said:

Hello!

I was developing some propeller plane, and encountered a problem with stability.

When plane goes too fast, rotation speed decreases relative to the forward speed, decreasing the AoA of propeller elevons to negative causing unstable lift. It seems that the only solution is changing pitch of propellers.

So, are there a way to have 3 pitch angles? Any way will be great if it is stable and reliable.

Perhaps some small rotors could be configured for this? Or, is it possible to let landing struts push parts in the same ship? This doesn't work when I tried...

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Using the 'deploy' functionality, you can set a taxi speed angle, and flight speed angle for the blades. Then, set the deploy functions to an action group. When in flight, hit F12 to see the aerodynamic effects. When the blades begin to lose effectiveness due to speed, toggle them with your action group. Make note of the speed, and use that number as a rule of thumb later. 

Just now, DrunkenKerbalnaut said:

Using the 'deploy' functionality, you can set a taxi speed angle, and flight speed angle for the blades. Then, set the deploy functions to an action group. When in flight, hit F12 to see the aerodynamic effects. When the blades begin to lose effectiveness due to speed, toggle them with your action group. Make note of the speed, and use that number as a rule of thumb later. 

Well I know that, the problem is that I want more than 3 pitch angles.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.