[1.9-1.10] Global Construction

allista

Hey Allista, great work on this as well as other mods.

I now seem to have run into a problem mentioned by a previous poster concerning the DIY kit pinging off into the air when it approaches 100% full size. I have tried experimenting with various ships inside of it. Originally small ones seemed to work OK and now it seems that anything sizeable will fly off and then blow up as it hits the ground. Some kits still sink into the ground while they are growing to full size.

I have experimented with this in the following configurations:

• both on the grass at the KSC as well as on the launch pad itself
  • launched off the back of a vehicle or just launched by the kit itself onto the pad

What information can I send you to look into this? (Please bear in mind that I almost no experience in getting logs and stuff off of KSP).

Many thanks

Just remembered that when I launch small ships from the launchpad, the lighter ones do a little leap when the physics loads. I have looked into this and most people say that it is a stock item error.

Edited by Spoonifer
Just remembered

3 hours ago, allista said:

There certainly is, otherwise why would there be two versions?

MKS's version is stripped down: it does not include any patches (so no workshops in stock parts, no ISRU) and parts, except for the DIY Kit itself. Instead, MKS adds its own dedicated workshops and MaterialKits production pathway.

Well, then I am not totally losing it.  Thank you for the reply @allista , if you don't mind.  I have a follow up question.

Can I install the standalone over the MKS version?  Or can I take the patches from the standalone and use them? 

46 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

Well, then I am not totally losing it.  Thank you for the reply @allista , if you don't mind.  I have a follow up question.

Can I install the standalone over the MKS version?  Or can I take the patches from the standalone and use them? 

You will have the same thing as EL without the MKS patch.  You will have both sets of parts as well as two paths to material kits (the MKS way as well as the ground construction way).

3 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

You will have the same thing as EL without the MKS patch.  You will have both sets of parts as well as two paths to material kits (the MKS way as well as the ground construction way).

You will have to excuse me, if I don't follow the forums as I should. EL uses rocket parts to make stuff, but when you have MKS, it swaps out to use material kits and specialty parts via the mobile launch pad?  [at least that is what I did in 1.1.3]  What I would like to be able to do, is use the GC ability to make material kits from the ISRU from ore.  If I get some extra parts, that is okay.  Is this doable?  ["as well as two paths to material kits"]

[and some people say that KSP is hard... [snort]

37 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

You will have to excuse me, if I don't follow the forums as I should. EL uses rocket parts to make stuff, but when you have MKS, it swaps out to use material kits and specialty parts via the mobile launch pad?  [at least that is what I did in 1.1.3]  What I would like to be able to do, is use the GC ability to make material kits from the ISRU from ore.  If I get some extra parts, that is okay.  Is this doable?  ["as well as two paths to material kits"]

[and some people say that KSP is hard... [snort]

you don't have to follow the forums to read the answer.  " You will have both sets of parts as well as two paths to material kits (the MKS way as well as the ground construction way). "

2 hours ago, Spoonifer said:

Hey Allista, great work on this as well as other mods.

I now seem to have run into a problem mentioned by a previous poster concerning the DIY kit pinging off into the air when it approaches 100% full size. I have tried experimenting with various ships inside of it. Originally small ones seemed to work OK and now it seems that anything sizeable will fly off and then blow up as it hits the ground. Some kits still sink into the ground while they are growing to full size.

I have experimented with this in the following configurations:

• both on the grass at the KSC as well as on the launch pad itself
  • launched off the back of a vehicle or just launched by the kit itself onto the pad

What information can I send you to look into this? (Please bear in mind that I almost no experience in getting logs and stuff off of KSP).

Many thanks

Just remembered that when I launch small ships from the launchpad, the lighter ones do a little leap when the physics loads. I have looked into this and most people say that it is a stock item error.

Ah, it now seems to be OK if I go back to the space station and return to it before deploying...

43 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

you don't have to follow the forums to read the answer.  " You will have both sets of parts as well as two paths to material kits (the MKS way as well as the ground construction way). "

Sometimes, reading it 6 times.. helps to get it to sink in.  Let me ask this, if I install the standalone GC and remove the parts, will that cause any problems? 

edit - nevermind, I answered my own question.  I thought that MKS has a GC folder and that ... well.. nevermind still.

Edited by gamerscircle

I worked it out!

IT'S TIME WARPING THAT CAUSES THE AIR FLIPPING!

When I time warp during deployment, the centre of the kit remains stationary and grows into the ground, the physics engine catches up and then flips it in the air!
So that's the solution - don't timewarp during deployment!

Edited by Spoonifer

23 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks, I got the outcome I was looking for.  One might thing that a gamer/player [like me] would want to understand the inner workings of the mods that are going to impact is KSP game play.

I do try, but to be frank, I am still trying play the game too.  [ lol ] I honestly thought that after over a year of KSPing, I would be able to complicate my game play with both USI MKS and LS with a dash of 3D printing [this is what I call GC]

Welp, after about 2 months, I have a pretty good 'basic" understanding of the above, the Mun Self Sustaining Colonization seems to finally took and it would seem that I will be able to start to ship resources from the Mun to Duna and not really rely on Kerbin anymore.  {Well, DIY Kits} 

I just wanted to say thanks for your understanding and patience that allowed a gamer/player [like me] to enjoy KSP.

Until the next KSP update .. :)

I got another question:  When you transfer resources, does the work shop/GC look locally or does it take advantage of the MKS Planetary Warehouse?  Also, when I do a 50%, it seem to fill 2 of 4 tanks, which is fine, but not in symmetry, 

Attempting to launch a rocket from another planet [via GC] the COM of the craft was all wacky.. Sure, I could have balanced the tanks manually, but this was Enriched Uranium and you cant do that. 

On 3/13/2017 at 9:06 PM, gamerscircle said:

I got another question:  When you transfer resources, does the work shop/GC look locally or does it take advantage of the MKS Planetary Warehouse?  Also, when I do a 50%, it seem to fill 2 of 4 tanks, which is fine, but not in symmetry, 

As far as I could tell it looks at the current vessel and is not aware of PL(which is a MKS thing)

But I think that if you are building from a base with logistics capabilities, you could make multiple transfers, letting PL refill your tanks half way after each.

50 minutes ago, Terwin said:

As far as I could tell it looks at the current vessel and is not aware of PL(which is a MKS thing)

But I think that if you are building from a base with logistics capabilities, you could make multiple transfers, letting PL refill your tanks half way after each.

Yes!  That is what I did.. do.. thanks for the reply.

Hi! I keep having the following logspam:

[ERR 18:17:23.256] Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'Tundra.Workshop250' is inactive!

[ERR 18:17:23.257] Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'Tundra.AssemblyPlant' is inactive!

[ERR 18:17:23.258] Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'Ranger.Workshop' is inactive!

I have MKS installed, and this happens basically all the time whenever vessel config changes (KIS add/remove, dock/undock) or when vessels are loaded.

No vessels have any of these Parts attached.

Is there a way to get rid of this?

Actually, could someone sum it up for me again? Because all I can find with the search function is "I have it too", but no actual reply from @allista or @RoverDude about the "Coroutine could not be started".

I understand that repeated questions like this get annoying - but when a thread is just a huge unstructured pile of posts, it gets really hard to find information that I'm looking for.

Just now, Kobymaru said:

Actually, could someone sum it up for me again? Because all I can find with the search function is "I have it too", but no actual reply from @allista or @RoverDude about the "Coroutine could not be started".

I understand that repeated questions like this get annoying - but when a thread is just a huge unstructured pile of posts, it gets really hard to find information that I'm looking for.

I'm not sure, that there were some definite info from @allista. What I know from my tests is, that this manifest itself when GC is part of MKS and RT is installed. What I can tell from the log, the error is raised during RT ModuleRTDataTransmitter::OnLoad function. Who need to fix what, that I don't know.

2 minutes ago, maja said:

I'm not sure, that there were some definite info from @allista. What I know from my tests is, that this manifest itself when GC is part of MKS and RT is installed. What I can tell from the log, the error is raised during RT ModuleRTDataTransmitter::OnLoad function. Who need to fix what, that I don't know.

But I do not have RemoteTech installed.

12 hours ago, Rehpic said:

When I "launch" a section of my base on some moon, after unpacking it jumps and does a flip.  Is there any way to prevent this?

Probe core, reaction wheels, sturdy supports, and several attempts?

That is what has worked for me...

Question: if I want to increase the workshop's efficiency of the non-mobile workshop included in the mod (ie, command modules, hab modules, etc), how would I go about it? While I don't think they should "compete" in efficiency with the included workshop, I feel their efficiency is too low.

So, I have a problem with this mod.

I wanted to build a ground station in minmus, so I decided to test it in Kevin first.

Did everything to the letter. Using k&k to build the station. And sent a workshop with enough material kit and then left the package at the runaway. 

When it deployed,  I realised it was off the ground by a fair amount, but I thought it was just a glitch. Went on with building.

When it was finished and I launched, I realised my drills were deployed pre launch and that is why it was floating.

It used the deployed drills as the lowest point and built up from that.

The result when it finally launched,  I had my beautiful base with its huge tanks, hanging a few meters above the runway.

You can figure out what happened next.

The result was the tanks did not survive the landing, and the cool round one I was using for hydrogen in near future, went of hilariously rolling off until it hit a building 

Everything was strutted and auto strutted and extra strutted. 

Apparently my problem is with the drills. anyone else has this? Is it recurrent? Is it a k&k incompatible issue? Or is it a weird glitch that probably won't happen every time?

Btw the tanks might survive in minmus gravity, but I'm afraid of committing the time and resources to test it there.