Just got a Joystick, send plane designs so I can practice

@Jefzor Definitely giving that a shot.

@The Optimist I've seen those crazy contraptions around a time or two, but never actually gotten to fly one. This'll be fun.

@TheKorbinger  That CF-105 looks like it might do well as a fighter with BDArmory.

Thank you all, I've been having a great time with the ones I've tried so far. I'll try to put together a flight report, and give my 2 cents on performance and whatnot.

https://kerbalx.com/servo/craft

I've got a bunch of fun stock planes that you could try out.

If you want an acrobatic plane, go with the F-104. It can punch through Mach 2 at sea level, plus do some really crazy maneuvers.

zTkyvBV.png

If you want a real challenge, go with the B-36J. It comes with a XF-85 parasite fighter that you can undock. Arm the claws and you can conceivably make it back into the bay and land (I've done it once).

36aUgH2.png

Well,  enough of the 15G turn and burn stuff.    How precise is it?   Can you get this seaplane  to orbit with a stick, or is it still best to use pitch trim? 

20170101135910_1_zpsof5hsuri.jpg

20170101142015_1_zpsopoe0ell.jpg

https://kerbalx.com/AeroGav/K133--Curlew

Getting to Orbit
Climb subsonic to 10-13km, then reduce AoA so nose only a couple of degrees above horizon until accelerated to 440 m/s.
Make your speedrun at 21500M altitude. Keep reducing nose up trim to just 1.5AoA, to stop it climbing. You should be able to reach a little over 1400 m/s. After that, turn the nukes on and pitch to 4 or 5 degree AoA. Do your best to hold that AoA until your AP has gone over 70km

This plane is a great stunt plane, not too fast, but maneuverable, which you can test your skills with by flying under bridges and stuff.

CoSuMmd.jpg

Kerbal Sport Plane

And now for aomething completely different! A game inside a game, perfect for testing joystick skills!

SbWZ0vU.jpg

3D-Labyrinth-Game

You'll probably do better than me, seeing as I'm stuck with a clunky keyboard.

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139
Forgot the plane part

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.