The Official KSP Racing Season

I have added a new segment on the page :) and will work on a leaderboard template! Best of luck to everyone, and keep in mind that the more drivers participate, the more competitive and exciting this project will be, so please share it with your fellow friends, and enjoy the racing season!

Feel free to use the track of the Rover Race Challenge. I'm currently having different priorities so I'm not maintaining that challenge right now. There is also a complete circle edition, which I was going to use for an extended version. pm me if you'd like to have that.

Edited by Adelaar

19 minutes ago, Adelaar said:

Feel free to use the track of the Rover Race Challenge. I'm currently having different priorities so I'm not maintaining that challenge right now. There is also a complete circle edition, which I was going to use for an extended version. pm me if you'd like to have that.

We might make this our round two, after this round! :) 

31 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

@DrunkenKerbalnaut PMd me about a KSC2 to the pyramids rally, I said that rally would probably be number 2. Unfortunately, @Adelaar's track will probably have to be number 3. We'll definitely do it, though. :) 

Nooooooooooo

Dakar race ideas should stay Dakar .......

I guess it's like the Borg always say .... you will be assimilated

Enjoy ... please refrain from hijacking any challenge that I may post as I don't find it the sincerest form of flattery as the saying goes

1 hour ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Enjoy ... please refrain from hijacking any challenge that I may post as I don't find it the sincerest form of flattery as the saying goes

Did you post a KSC2 to pyramids challenge? If so, go ahead and do that. DrunkenKerbalnaut PMd me, asking us to do a KSC2 to pyramids rally. I accepted, not knowing there was another challenge. 

If you don't like it, you don't have to participate, it's as simple as that.

Also, I don't get why some people (not going to say who) are so hostile against our idea. We thought @Triop's idea was cool, and we were inspired by it to make our own rally. I don't see what the problem is. :huh:

Edited by TheEpicSquared

1 hour ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Nooooooooooo

Drunkenkerbalnaut, wanted us to utilize his track, so I don't see why we shouldn't. Plus it gives the community a chance to become involved.

1 minute ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Did you post a KSC2 to pyramids challenge? If so, go ahead and do that. DrunkenKerbalnaut PMd me, asking us to do a KSC2 to pyramids rally. I accepted, not knowing there was another challenge. 

Also, I don't get why some people (not going to say who) are so hostile against our idea. We thought @Triop's idea was cool, and we were inspired by it to make our own rally. I don't see what the problem is. :huh:

I completely agree, we took simple inspiration and terraformed it into our own concept. Furthermore, for those people opposing the Official Kerbal Racing Season, there is no point in being hostile, if you do not want to participate than feel free to do what you want, but let the people who do what to accept and undertake the task to do so. 

1 minute ago, PixelStory2 said:

There are tons of rally races IRL, why can't we do the same here? :D

:) 

5 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Two questions, both which were probably answered already.

1) If you use fuel cells as your electricity source, is it considered electric, or electric and fuel?

2) Quicksaving and quickloading are allowed, right?

1. If you use electric wheels, your vehicle is considered Electric (E). If it uses jet engines, it's Fuel/Electric (F/E). The power generation system doesn't determine the category, it's the propulsion form. Hope that makes sense. :) 

2. Yes.

6 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Nooooooooooo

Here we go.

1 minute ago, Oliverm001x said:

yep.. However we are going to make your track our second race despite the opposition.

Oh I'm not too worried about that. Honestly, I shouldn't have responded at all. Maybe to this effect:

i am relieved that I can take the OldKSC to Pyramids rally off my plate, and saw a way for it not to go to waste. 

@DoctorDavinci, sorry your opinion of a race isn't always reflected in the opinions of others. I look forward to seeing your vision played out, should you decide to host one. And that isn't snide BS. Bring on the races. Tank guns and drone air strikes and landlines and all that.

Um... I shall not participate in this. I feel it's kinda taking away from the Dakar's glory. Sorry.

On 12/31/2016 at 10:34 AM, Oliverm001x said:

If so then welcome to the KSP Racing Season! Myself( @Oliverm001x) and @TheEpicSquared are organising a race every 2 months with the new race tracks and rallies. There will be a leaderboard, and points will be distributed depending on the position of the drivers!

How will it work?

Every 2-3 months a new track will be created, with different specifications(to keep things intriguing :)). The participants will have 2 months to engineer their craft and post their times on the multiple stages (more info below). Points will be awarded to the drivers depending on how fast they are during the events. A leaderboard will be constructed, and will be updated with new points after each race.

HEY HEY HEY!!! This is a direct rip-off of the KRL! 

1 minute ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Look. If you want to participate, then great. If you don't want to participate, then don't.

Now let's not keep up with this argument or this thread will get derailed.

I definitely concur

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.