The White Guardian

[1.2.X] [Kopernicus] Cerillion

190 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Cerillion

ubn6lEd.png

This mod adds a planet called 'Cerillion' to the Kerbal solar system, as well as it's four moons - Mavis, Shirley, Jacob and Disparia. Cerillion comes bundled with several configurations for other mods such as EVE, as well as hand-made textures, including an 8K cloudmap.

Cerillion is entirely procedurally generated, has full science support as well as 15 unique biomes to explore. If that's not enough, we've got you covered! Cerillion has various strange geological anomalies to visit and fly through. It's orange atmosphere has a strange composition, but does contain enough oxygen for jet engines to function.

Also, I love it when people make videos of this planet! :D

 

Official Trailer

 

Facts about Cerillion - a recordbreaking planet pack:

- For the first time in history of KSP planet packs, a planet pack features easter eggs in the form of custom 3D models.

- For the first time in the history of KSP planet packs, a planet pack features custom terrain scatter models (with working textures!)

 

Image Gallery

 

Downloads

Pick one of the following websites.

Current version: V3.0 'Earthshaker'

SpaceDock (V3.0)

Google Drive (V3.0)

 

Old versions:

Spoiler

Google Drive (V2.2 - LagCruncher)

Google Drive (V2.1)

Google Drive (V1.0)

Edited by The White Guardian
Official Trailer!
18 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Nice! Where is its orbit? I'll be downloading this tomorrow, provided it's compatible with OPM. :) 

Edited by TheEpicSquared

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Nice! Where is its orbit? I'll be downloading this tomorrow, provides it's compatible with OPM. :) 

Between Duna and Jool if I remember correctly.

Compatibility with OPM has been tested and I can confirm it works like a charm.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Works fine in 1.2.2 with OPM but, installing Cerillion seems to break Environmental Visual Enhancements. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What About Planet Cyran? I wonder if you could make Cerillion A moon of Cyran as a Compatibility Patch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

could be great to give the link to here in spacedock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Swedishish said:

Works fine in 1.2.2 with OPM but, installing Cerillion seems to break Environmental Visual Enhancements. 

Oh dear, that is NOT supposed to happen. Are you running EVE on OPM as well? Because in that case it could be some weird interaction.

It could also be that you don't have the default EVE textures installed, some of which are required for Cerillion, therefore if you're running something like SVE and have no BoulderCo folder, the cause is most likely a filepath error.

9 hours ago, SAS123 said:

What About Planet Cyran? I wonder if you could make Cerillion A moon of Cyran as a Compatibility Patch?

Cyran's system is already oversized as is, there's no need to add another moon. Cerillion orbits far enough from Cyarn IIRC, if it doesn't I'll write a patch that moves it further away, but it will not orbit Cyran, partly because that'd be a waste of such magnificent rings.

1 hour ago, Skalou said:

could be great to give the link to here in spacedock.

Good thinking, I'll add that.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Oh dear, that is NOT supposed to happen. Are you running EVE on OPM as well? Because in that case it could be some weird interaction.

It could also be that you don't have the default EVE textures installed, some of which are required for Cerillion, therefore if you're running something like SVE and have no BoulderCo folder, the cause is most likely a filepath error.

Oh I see! I am indeed running SVE without the BoulderCo folder. I tried again with the right BoulderCo assets (no .cfg's), and it works great! Thanks @The White Guardian !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Swedishish said:

Oh I see! I am indeed running SVE without the BoulderCo folder. I tried again with the right BoulderCo assets (no .cfg's), and it works great! Thanks @The White Guardian !

Anytime. I suppose I should bundle it with the next update of Cerillion.

Next update is also going to feature Scatterer.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Denko666 said:

not on CKAN?

CKAN is such a nightmare to work with that I will not add it myself. Besides, it's as easy as dragging a folder into the GameData folder.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I installed it, but it doesn't show up. Do I need other mods for it work other than MM.

NVM, worked. Should have read the READ ME file..

Edited by damonvv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, damonvv said:

I installed it, but it doesn't show up. Do I need other mods for it work other than MM.

NVM, worked. Should have read the READ ME file..

Glad it works now! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2017 at 10:36 AM, The White Guardian said:

CKAN is such a nightmare to work with that I will not add it myself. Besides, it's as easy as dragging a folder into the GameData folder.

Would it be OK for me to add it to CKAN?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Help i cant get Kopernicus to work can someone pls help me install it and the planet doesnt show up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Would it be OK for me to add it to CKAN?

But how would that work with updating and stuff like Scatterer?

How does CKAN work anyway?

3 hours ago, A Kerbal Engineer said:

Help i cant get Kopernicus to work can someone pls help me install it and the planet doesnt show up

Quoting Sarbian again: "no logs -> no support"

Ergo, simply 'please help it doens't work' tells me nothing about the problem itself. Right now the problem could be literally anything, from a bad KSP install to a mod issue.

Therefore, could you provide me with a screenshot of your GameData folder? I'd like to check if all necessary folders are present.

That the planet doesn't show up isn't a mircale, Kopernicus is the engine behind this. No Kopernicus, no Cerillion.

Anyhow, please supply me with either:

- a screenshot of the contents of your GameData folder

or:

- sum up all of the folders in your GameData folder.

 

Don't worry, we'll get to the bottom of this problem.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The White Guardian said:

But how would that work with updating and stuff like Scatterer?

How does CKAN work anyway?

CKAN will be told what mods this depends on, and will install them automatically with the most up-to-date.  If you include those mods inside the zip, it will ignore those directories.

I'd be happy to deal with any CKAN issues for you, if any arise

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

CKAN will be told what mods this depends on, and will install them automatically with the most up-to-date.  If you include those mods inside the zip, it will ignore those directories.

I'd be happy to deal with any CKAN issues for you, if any arise

Thanks a lot for the offer, and I'd gladly accept your help! :D

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok.  I'll get to it in the next day or so, hopefully this evening

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Netkan is all done, as soon as it gets accepted, it will be finished.  Within a day, probably

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

But how would that work with updating and stuff like Scatterer?

How does CKAN work anyway?

Quoting Sarbian again: "no logs -> no support"

Ergo, simply 'please help it doens't work' tells me nothing about the problem itself. Right now the problem could be literally anything, from a bad KSP install to a mod issue.

Therefore, could you provide me with a screenshot of your GameData folder? I'd like to check if all necessary folders are present.

That the planet doesn't show up isn't a mircale, Kopernicus is the engine behind this. No Kopernicus, no Cerillion.

Anyhow, please supply me with either:

- a screenshot of the contents of your GameData folder

or:

- sum up all of the folders in your GameData folder.

 

Don't worry, we'll get to the bottom of this problem.

ok so how should i send you the pics ? can i sent them to you via Email?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, A Kerbal Engineer said:

ok so how should i send you the pics ? can i sent them to you via Email?

Yes, but the most convenient way would be the following:

1. Make an Imgur account (or login with another account like Google)

2. Upload the image there

3. Click on the image, and copy the link that ends with the filetype, for example .png or .jpeg.

4. Post the link in a message here and it'll automatically turn into the image. The KSP forums automatically does this with any image link that ends with a filetype extension, including Google Images searches.

For example:

LINK: http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/670/809/842.jpg

And pasted in normally:

842.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The White Guardian said:

Yes, but the most convenient way would be the following:

1. Make an Imgur account (or login with another account like Google)

2. Upload the image there

3. Click on the image, and copy the link that ends with the filetype, for example .png or .jpeg.

4. Post the link in a message here and it'll automatically turn into the image. The KSP forums automatically does this with any image link that ends with a filetype extension, including Google Images searches.

For example:

LINK: http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/670/809/842.jpg

And pasted in normally:

842.jpg

Ok so heres the pick http://imgur.com/a/oROGS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@A Kerbal Engineer all necessary files seem to be in place. It could also be a mod incompatibility, try removing all mods but Cerillion, Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator and ModuleManager.

@A Kerbal Engineer Wait a minute...

The KSP folder reads 'V1.2.0.1586'

futurama-fry-gif-wallpaper-4.jpg

Hmm...

I have a gut feeling that you installed Kopernicus for 1.2.2 or 1.2.1 while you in fact have version 1.2.0. Try the following Kopernicus version:

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-1.2.0-3

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol youre right i reinstalled it and it works like a charm. btw AWESOME PLANET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now