The White Guardian

20 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Stuff for the next update:

- Terrain scatter rework (colliders?)

- Perhaps even more easter eggs

- Complete atmosphere rework

- Scatterer

- MOONS

Shoutout to Disparia Books on Youtube by the way who has started a series on returning a lost kerbonaut from Cerillion! :D

@linuxgurugamer is there anything I need to do when I update the mod for CKAN to pick it up?

Probably not.  I see it's on Spacedock, if that is what CKAN is using, it will get the version # from Spacedock fairly quickly.

Does it have a .version file included?

1 minute ago, The White Guardian said:

@linuxgurugamer It has no .version file, what is it even for?

.version is used by the AVC and Mini-AVC mod, to check and report versions.

Very useful, and CKAN uses it if available.

You can have the file without needed to include any dll.

Read about it here:  

@The White Guardian Thanks for the nod and link.

You mentioned something about scatterer and atmosphere info for the update. When our good buddy Jeb wound up on the planet he noticed that the atmosphere seemed to have two different colors to it, almost like two sky box settings were conflicting. I'm working on getting the green hero back again tomorrow, and assuming there are far fewer explosions than normal, I should be able to see if it happens again. If so, I will post a link to the video in hopes that it can help with compatibility or debugging with future updates. I will also post my mod list too. Would that sort of information be useful to anyone here?

15 hours ago, Disparia Books said:

@The White Guardian Thanks for the nod and link.

You mentioned something about scatterer and atmosphere info for the update. When our good buddy Jeb wound up on the planet he noticed that the atmosphere seemed to have two different colors to it, almost like two sky box settings were conflicting. I'm working on getting the green hero back again tomorrow, and assuming there are far fewer explosions than normal, I should be able to see if it happens again. If so, I will post a link to the video in hopes that it can help with compatibility or debugging with future updates. I will also post my mod list too. Would that sort of information be useful to anyone here?

Definitely. The mod list can help me rule out the possibility of a mod conflict, although part mods usually don't mess with Procedural Quad Spheres so I doubt that's the case. Flight assistants don't mess with terrain either, and you don't seem to have Scatterer or EVE installed so the only things I can think of are these:

- I left a stupid mistake in (probably)

- Another planet mod is conflicting (unlikely)

The atmosphere colors were a bit wonky with Cerillion, probably since I forced it to use Kerbin's 'color ramp texture' although it uses Duna's by default. Scatterer should fix that but for non-scatterer users I'll have a look at the color values to see if I can improve the terminator. Alternatively I'm willing to go the extra mile and create a custom atmo ramp, but that's not something I've done before so I'd prefer not to.

If anyone is wondering, currently there are at least four moons on the planner for Cerillion, but only two of them have near-finished concepts at this point, and these are named Mavis and Shirley. I still have to fine-tune Mavis' concept but it'll be dark in color, small, low gravity but lots of ore - perfect for refuelings. Shirley is gonna be a lot larger, with one half being white and the other being black-brownish. It's also going to feature something... strange.

Yes, there's a reason behind those names, and I'm willing to explain it... if anyone asks, that is.

I'm also working on KSPedia integration for this mod with the following layout planned (moons are not yet included)

Cerillion System
	Cerillion
		Geographical information
		Atmospheric information
		Orbital information
		Points of interest
		Physical properties

24 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Yes, there's a reason behind those names, and I'm willing to explain it... if anyone asks, that is.

I am curious about their names. Also is the interesting thing on Shirley going to be a reference to Japitus from 2001: A Space Odyssey? Perhaps a monolith?

57 minutes ago, JacobJHC said:

I am curious about their names

They're named after these two for fun.

Spoiler

Mavis

JYvgjL1.jpg

Shirley

kI9hD92.jpg

They were both given their names by my sister, and I think the names suit them perfectly! Especially since Mavis and Shirley have been named after these two characters respectively:

fc0c3373db6dd9e2116416b239e5e42a.jpg

Shirley.PNG

(Hotel Transylvania is one of her favorite movies and the sheep is her favorite animal)

So, TLDR, they're named after the two guinea pigs I got running around downstairs for fun. XD

And the thing on the moon named Shirley, I'm not gonna spoil that. Only thing I can promise is that I'll be hiding plenty of easter eggs. :wink:

1 hour ago, The White Guardian said:

Definitely. The mod list can help me rule out the possibility of a mod conflict, although part mods usually don't mess with Procedural Quad Spheres so I doubt that's the case. Flight assistants don't mess with terrain either, and you don't seem to have Scatterer or EVE installed so the only things I can think of are these:

- I left a stupid mistake in (probably)

- Another planet mod is conflicting (unlikely)

The atmosphere colors were a bit wonky with Cerillion, probably since I forced it to use Kerbin's 'color ramp texture' although it uses Duna's by default. Scatterer should fix that but for non-scatterer users I'll have a look at the color values to see if I can improve the terminator. Alternatively I'm willing to go the extra mile and create a custom atmo ramp, but that's not something I've done before so I'd prefer not to.

If anyone is wondering, currently there are at least four moons on the planner for Cerillion, but only two of them have near-finished concepts at this point, and these are named Mavis and Shirley. I still have to fine-tune Mavis' concept but it'll be dark in color, small, low gravity but lots of ore - perfect for refuelings. Shirley is gonna be a lot larger, with one half being white and the other being black-brownish. It's also going to feature something... strange.

I'm also working on KSPedia integration for this mod with the following layout planned (moons are not yet included)

Cerillion System
	Cerillion
		Geographical information
		Atmospheric information
		Orbital information
		Points of interest
		Physical properties

Great, hopefully I can help. I'm going to stream later today (around 2:00 mountain time) and assuming I actually get the lander down to Jeb, I will see if I can recreate the visual issues I'm having and provide you with a mod list. If you can't join I will create a highlight in Twitch and post the link to that YouTube segment here later (again, if I make it and I see the issue). Thanks for all the work!

21 minutes ago, Disparia Books said:

Great, hopefully I can help. I'm going to stream later today (around 2:00 mountain time) and assuming I actually get the lander down to Jeb, I will see if I can recreate the visual issues I'm having and provide you with a mod list. If you can't join I will create a highlight in Twitch and post the link to that YouTube segment here later (again, if I make it and I see the issue). Thanks for all the work!

No problem, and thank you for playing!

By the way, for people eagerly awaiting news regarding easter eggs - so far 11 are ready to be injected into KSP.

Just now, The White Guardian said:

No problem, and thank you for playing!

By the way, for people eagerly awaiting news regarding easter eggs - so far 11 are ready to be injected into KSP.

If Jeb makes it home and I learn more about what it takes to get to and from the planet, I'm taking a rover there for a bit of Egg hunting and maybe base building (how appropriate given Easter being just a few weeks away!). Let's be honest, it's a fair bit prettier than a giant gray rock (mun) or seeing a glowing green nightmare orb all the time (landing on Jool's moons), so why not build a second home there?

1 minute ago, Disparia Books said:

If Jeb makes it home and I learn more about what it takes to get to and from the planet, I'm taking a rover there for a bit of Egg hunting and maybe base building (how appropriate given Easter being just a few weeks away!). Let's be honest, it's a fair bit prettier than a giant gray rock (mun) or seeing a glowing green nightmare orb all the time (landing on Jool's moons), so why not build a second home there?

Don't forget the geological points of interest scattered across the planet. There are 7 of them that are actually considered unique biomes with their own science reports.

1 hour ago, JacobJHC said:

Will the moons be released 1 by one or in sets of 2? It sounds like there are 4 total moons, 2 nearly done and 2 in the concept phase. either way HYPE.

Sets of two by the looks of things.

I got a few screenshots coming in from my own mission to Mavis so I can officially say - I was the first Kerbal there.

Seems like Bob is looking something up. Sadly the internet is slow way out here.

LmjzxxA.png

2 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

@Disparia Books not sure how hard getting a spaceplane there will be, but after the update a spaceplane might actually be the best descent option.

wKthJOp.png

Well! This changes everything! Thanks for the constant updates and info, I really appreciate all your work. Here's how the end went yesterday...and by end I mean 'okay let's try again soon'.

I've been working on something for Cerillion for an hour now...

5je0Ewr.png

@Disparia Books I've done some testing with the new atmosphere and the large heatshields, the large inflatable heatshield is able to produce enough drag to slow down light crafts significantly. Perhaps that might help.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.