[1.3.X] [Kopernicus] Cerillion

The White Guardian

@Ourshinigami are you certain you are using KSP 1.2.2?

Wait, hang on, are you using OPM or another mod that adds rings by chance? In that case, use this:

(And everyone else having ring-related problems should take a look at this too)

On 4/4/2017 at 11:28 PM, blackrack said:

I fixed the issue with the new ring shader not appearing on certain bodies.

I made a pull request to the Kopernicus repo, and meanwhile you can download the fix here: https://mega.nz/#!vUowhKgB!PAIeK8M1KlBOXhcBNglxGTq6MzSiqFxF27fAXYOD8_w

Installation: just go into your KSP directory then GameData/Kopernicus/Plugins and overwrite Kopernicus.Components.dll

Thomas has already merged Blackrack's code for the next release of Kopernicus, so the next version of Kopernicus should fix this automatically.

I'll investigate the EVE-related issues this weekend. If I may ask, @Disparia Books what mods are you using? It could also very well be a conflict. I'm currently altering the code to make only one cloud layer visible in ScaledSpace, will send you the fix this afternoon. It'd be wonderful if you could give it a try (I can't test it myself because I'm not having any lag for some reason...)

It could also be that I am using Scatterer version 0.0256.

And, the problem with the cloud, I think you have inverted the picture of the clouds which are in the light and the clouds which are in the shadow. Lock at the picture

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=197820504057658&set=a.197290340777341.1073741828.100014891295681&type=3&theater

Edited by Ourshinigami

4 hours ago, Ourshinigami said:

And, the problem with the cloud, I think you have inverted the picture of the clouds which are in the light and the clouds which are in the shadow. Lock at the picture

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=197820504057658&set=a.197290340777341.1073741828.100014891295681&type=3&theater

I don't have facebook so I can't view any of your images. Please upload them to a website like Imgur.

@The White Guardian

As you know I go through CKAN for my mods. There are 3 key visual mods that are all interlinked, EVE, Scatterer, and Stock Visual Enhancements. When you click on any one of those it then brings up a 'mod dependency' list for configuration files, which then basically installs the lot of said 3 mods in totality. No matter which order I go in and which options I use for config (for example, you can use scatterer for the solar effects or stock visual enhancements for solar effects as config files), installing any of them make the game lag. I have all of them completely removed right now and...well, got a rover on Cerillion and a probe to land on Disparia. 

If you want me to try individual mod tinkering I can (such as JUST scatterer without EVE etc), but safe to say when the group is installed my computer explodes, but without the three it behaves just fine.

Hope that helps, let me know what I can do!

Edit: Just wanted to clarify that the problems I have are with lag but caused by RAM usage on my PC. With mods on when I approach the system it uses all 16gigs of memory and then begins to stutter. As I approach the system the usage creeps up until it's unstable, but it's not like that (with the mods installed) as long as I'm not looking at the system. Without mods the memory usage is stable and low.

Edited by Disparia Books

@Disparia Books Here's what I'm gonna do.

I'm going to add a special PQSMod provided by EVE called 'deactivateDistance'. Normally it's only a requirement for gas giants but I'll see about adding it here, perhaps I can make the clouds load and unload more dynamically.

For now though, get to your main KSP directory (open file location on KSP.exe unless you're using Steam, in that case go to properties -> browse local content), then go to GameData/Planet_Cerillion/Configs and open the file Cerillion_EVE.cfg with Notepad. Delete everything inside and replace it with this code.

EVE_CLOUDS
{
	OBJECT
	{
		name = CerillionCloudlayer
		body = Cerillion
		altitude = 5000
		settings
		{
			_MainTex = Planet_Cerillion/Textures/CerillionCloudLayer
			_DetailTex = Planet_Cerillion/Textures/DetailCumulus
			_UVNoiseTex = Planet_Cerillion/Textures/Noise
			_DetailScale = 15
		}
		layerVolume
		{
			particleMaterial
			{
				_Tex = Planet_Cerillion/Textures/rgb
			}
		}
		layer2D
		{
			macroCloudMaterial
			{
				_MinLight = 0.1
			}
			shadowMaterial
			{
			}
		}
	}
	OBJECT
	{
		name = CerillionStorm
		body = Cerillion
		altitude = 2000
		settings
		{
			_MainTex = Planet_Cerillion/Textures/Storm
			_DetailScale = 15
		}
		layerVolume
		{
			particleMaterial
			{
			}
		}
	}
	OBJECT
	{
		name = Jacobdust
		body = Jacob
		altitude = 400
		settings
		{
			_MainTex = Planet_Cerillion/Textures/Dense
			_DetailTex = Planet_Cerillion/Textures/Sand
			_Color = 129,105,142,255
			_DetailScale = 7
		}
		layerVolume
		{
			particleMaterial
			{
			}
		}
		layer2D
		{
			macroCloudMaterial
			{
				_MinLight = 1
			}
		}
	}
	OBJECT
	{
		name = CerillionSand
		body = Cerillion
		altitude = 300
		settings
		{
			_MainTex = Planet_Cerillion/Textures/CerillionStorm2
			_DetailScale = 7
			_Color = 170,143,113,255
		}
		layerVolume
		{
			size = 4000,2
			particleMaterial
			{
			}
		}
	}
	OBJECT
	{
		name = CerillionMist
		body = Cerillion
		altitude = 0
		offset = 20,0,0
		settings
		{
			_DetailScale = 12
		}
		layerVolume
		{
			particleMaterial
			{
			}
		}
	}
}

Next, for the dynamic unload, copy Cerillion_EVE.cfg, rename it anything (like Cerillion_PQS.cfg), delete everything inside and paste in this:

PQS_MANAGER
{
	OBJECT
	{
		name = Cerillion
		deactivateDistance = 175000
	}
	OBJECT
	{
		name = Jacob
	}
}

(Mind you, this code is untested and I am not 100% sure if it works on terrestrial worlds)

I'll do some missions to Cerillion and log the framerate using standby Bandicam.

Just now, The White Guardian said:

@Disparia Books Here's what I'm gonna do.

I'm going to add a special PQSMod provided by EVE called 'deactivateDistance'. Normally it's only a requirement for gas giants but I'll see about adding it here, perhaps I can make the clouds load and unload more dynamically.

For now though, get to your main KSP directory (open file location on KSP.exe unless you're using Steam, in that case go to properties -> browse local content), then go to GameData/Planet_Cerillion/Configs and open the file Cerillion_EVE.cfg with Notepad. Delete everything inside and replace it with this code.

EVE_CLOUDS
{
	OBJECT
	{
		name = CerillionCloudlayer
		body = Cerillion
		altitude = 5000
		settings
		{
			_MainTex = Planet_Cerillion/Textures/CerillionCloudLayer
			_DetailScale = 15
		}
		layerVolume
		{
			particleMaterial
			{
			}
		}
		layer2D
		{
			macroCloudMaterial
			{
				_MinLight = 0.1
			}
			shadowMaterial
			{
			}
		}
	}
	OBJECT
	{
		name = CerillionStorm
		body = Cerillion
		altitude = 2000
		settings
		{
			_MainTex = Planet_Cerillion/Textures/Storm
			_DetailScale = 15
		}
		layerVolume
		{
			particleMaterial
			{
			}
		}
	}
	OBJECT
	{
		name = Jacobdust
		body = Jacob
		altitude = 400
		settings
		{
			_MainTex = Planet_Cerillion/Textures/Dense
			_DetailTex = Planet_Cerillion/Textures/Sand
			_Color = 129,105,142,255
			_DetailScale = 7
		}
		layerVolume
		{
			particleMaterial
			{
			}
		}
		layer2D
		{
			macroCloudMaterial
			{
				_MinLight = 1
			}
		}
	}
	OBJECT
	{
		name = CerillionSand
		body = Cerillion
		altitude = 300
		settings
		{
			_DetailScale = 7
			_Color = 170,143,113,255
		}
		layerVolume
		{
			size = 4000,2
			particleMaterial
			{
			}
		}
	}
	OBJECT
	{
		name = CerillionMist
		body = Cerillion
		altitude = 0
		offset = 20,0,0
		settings
		{
			_DetailScale = 12
		}
		layerVolume
		{
			particleMaterial
			{
			}
		}
	}
}

Next, for the dynamic unload, copy Cerillion_EVE.cfg, rename it anything (like Cerillion_PQS.cfg), delete everything inside and paste in this:

PQS_MANAGER
{
	OBJECT
	{
		name = Cerillion
	}
	OBJECT
	{
		name = Jacob
	}
}

(Mind you, this code is untested and I am not 100% sure if it works on terrestrial worlds)

I'll do some missions to Cerillion and log the framerate using standby Bandicam.

I'm going to open up Kerbal in a couple of hours after my ride and will give you the results then. But let me clarify two points before doing so:

1. I am using Steam, so go the steam method you mentioned?

2. Should I install EVE/Scatterer/etc before changing the code? Like I said, I don't have any on now and it runs fine, but I can easily re-add them. Let me know so I can prepare. Thanks friend, glad I can be of help to you!

PS-message me about the book and the description, I want to get both to you ASAP!

@Disparia Books yes, reinstall all mods you had. It should work fine with those.

Also, what version of Scatterer do you have installed? The newer versions have cloud-recoloring features and the like, and I haven't yet been able to work with those. I use an older version of Scatterer.

The fact that it runs fine if you look away is an important detail - Cerillion has a code that terminates Kopernicus' OnDemandLoading to fix a conflict with Scatterer if Scatterer is detected. Therefore it doesn't load or unload dynamically as it otherwise would. The problem Scatterer has with this is that it uses a similar method that may end up tangled with Kopernicus' method, leaving players with a white sphere. The fact that the framerate drops upon looking at Cerillion indicates that it is either EVE or Scatterer causing the problem. I think the codes above should already work miracles, though for reference I'll also install SVE real quick.

And yes, if you use Steam use the Steam method of finding your KSP directory. That, or you can find it in C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/Common, where are of your Steam games are. It's the folder 'Kerbal Space Program'.

I'll message you back soon, first I'm going to tackle this problem. By the way, did you have a look at this:

On 4/4/2017 at 11:28 PM, blackrack said:

I fixed the issue with the new ring shader not appearing on certain bodies.

I made a pull request to the Kopernicus repo, and meanwhile you can download the fix here: https://mega.nz/#!vUowhKgB!PAIeK8M1KlBOXhcBNglxGTq6MzSiqFxF27fAXYOD8_w

It should fix the ring-related issues. Download this file and, after swapping out Cerillion's configs, go to GameData/Kopernicus/Plugins and replace Kopernicus.Components.dll with the .dll downloaded from the link above.

Aha! Slimy slippery snails in computer codes!

Behold, the probable cause of the problems!

mainSunCelestialBody = Sun

From Scatterer's codes. This code tells scatterer what star to take as a lightsource. Cerillion does not have this entry which means that it will likely have to recalculate CONSTANTLY.

@Disparia Books in your KSP directory, also venture to Planet_Cerillion/Scatterer and open PlanetsList.cfg

Inside, in Item{}, in between 'hasOcean = true' and 'eclipseCasters{}' add the line above, 'mainSunCelestialBody = Sun'

I will now investigate any other potential lagsources. I have also done some code cleanups for the next version.

Brought a lightweight rocket in orbit around Cerillion after those fixes, no lag at all.

Note the following:

- I had SVE high-res installed

- I had two monitors on

- I was watching youtube on the second monitor (because how 'bout no to that 16 minute burn thanks to the atomic rocket motors)

- I have only 8GB RAM

- I had a custom 4K skybox.

I think it's safe to assume the lag has been terminated. Packin' up!

2 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

Brought a lightweight rocket in orbit around Cerillion after those fixes, no lag at all.

Note the following:

- I had SVE high-res installed

- I had two monitors on

- I was watching youtube on the second monitor (because how 'bout no to that 16 minute burn thanks to the atomic rocket motors)

- I have only 8GB RAM

- I had a custom 4K skybox.

I think it's safe to assume the lag has been terminated. Packin' up!

I just applied all the tests and updates you gave me and it all works flawlessly!

My GPU did spike to 77C, but I was running it at 2560x1440. Down to 1080P the temps are in the low 70s, so I assume for a video card that's okay :wink:

Otherwise, RAM and CPU usage are stable and acceptable!

First off, everyone, happy Easter! I released version 2.2 'LagCruncher', featuring support for the latest scatterer, clouds color at dawn and dusk due to scattering, and even less lag. Grab it from Google Drive, SpaceDock, or CKAN.

A beta-version of the Watereye plugin is also bundled, to activate it you need to navigate to the GameData folder in your main KSP directory.

Steam users: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData

Non-Steam users: right-click KSP.exe and go to 'open file location'

Next, there are two options.

Option number 1:

In the GameData folder, go to Planet_Cerillion/Configs, copy and past Cerillion_PS.cfg (creating a clone of the file), rename the cloned file to WaterEye and open it with Notepad.

Delete everything inside, then paste in this code:

@Kopernicus:FOR[ActivateWatereye]
{
}

Option number 2:

Create an empty folder named 'ActivateWatereye' in GameData, that should do the trick too.

What does Watereye do?

- It adds 8K support for Cerillion. Moons are not supported ATM. The result is immense detail from orbit.

On 4/14/2017 at 7:50 PM, Disparia Books said:

I just applied all the tests and updates you gave me and it all works flawlessly!

My GPU did spike to 77C, but I was running it at 2560x1440. Down to 1080P the temps are in the low 70s, so I assume for a video card that's okay :wink:

Otherwise, RAM and CPU usage are stable and acceptable!

Awesome! I just released the updated version. I'm going to watch your latest Twitch stream now while I work on overhauling the moon Disparia.

Already working on the next version of Cerillion. Here's what's currently on the planner:

Spoiler

- Biome maps for all moons

- Disparia overhaul

- Terrain scatters for some moons

- Scatterer support for Disparia

- Geysers

- (Maybe) Custom skybox

- Extra easter eggs

- More science defenitions

- Watereye integration for all moons

- Asteroid system for Cerillion's rings

- (maybe, looking into the possibilities of this) A special little 'something' on Cerillion that will make people jump through the roof once they find it

A little sneak preview of Cerillion's next version:

(Please ignore the skybox issue, I'm lazy and have yet to fix it...)

Spoiler

rKUvRT1.png

Hey, this planet looks amazing and I'd love to toy with it but unfortunately when I downloaded it the mod broke shaders, and the atmospheres of all the atmospheric planets turned opaque white, is this just a bug or does it not work with shaders? 

17 hours ago, Garbonzo said:

Hey, this planet looks amazing and I'd love to toy with it but unfortunately when I downloaded it the mod broke shaders, and the atmospheres of all the atmospheric planets turned opaque white, is this just a bug or does it not work with shaders? 

What shaders? I need more details - Kopernicus shaders? Stock shaders? Scatterer shaders? EVE shaders?

I also need to know:

- What operating system are you using?

- What mods are you using?

- Did you install the mod manually or through CKAN?

On 16-4-2017 at 5:51 PM, Disparia Books said:

Happy Easter all!

@The White Guardian

screenshot14.png

screenshot13.png

And the only REAL way to send a HAB to another planet...

screenshot10.png

Oh, man, that looks epic!

Here's my own base:

my_finest_creation_by_thewhiteguardianar

The PAIN of getting it there...

Happy Easter to you too by the way!

Edited by The White Guardian

OH MY KRAKENS!

I HAVE CREATED A MONSTROCITY

MY PC IS ON FIRE!

AND IF YOU'D BE SEEING WHAT I'M SEEING RIGHT NOW...

THIS IS GLORIOUS!

Spoiler

How amazing is it that, on easter, I have created the ULTIMATE easter egg! :0.0:

Oh, y'all got something coming that will blow your minds!

Spoiler

I'm gonna write an entire lore around Cerillion now!

With what I have created... @Gameslinx can vouch for the epicness.

Cerillion is gonna skyrocket after this. There's no other way - this has to be the most spectacular thing in the history of planet packs!

(And G.P.O is next!)

40 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

OH MY KRAKENS!

I HAVE CREATED A MONSTROCITY

MY PC IS ON FIRE!

AND IF YOU'D BE SEEING WHAT I'M SEEING RIGHT NOW...

THIS IS GLORIOUS!

Hide contents

How amazing is it that, on easter, I have created the ULTIMATE easter egg! :0.0:

Oh, y'all got something coming that will blow your minds!

Hide contents

I'm gonna write an entire lore around Cerillion now!

With what I have created... @Gameslinx can vouch for the epicness.

Cerillion is gonna skyrocket after this. There's no other way - this has to be the most spectacular thing in the history of planet packs!

(And G.P.O is next!)

Sorry moderators for posting a reaction gif, but:

L090lvT.gif

I've got big plans for everything! My 3 rovers and 2 full bases are on the planet so now it's time to explore! I'm thinking about doing a special stream tomorrow and visiting Disparia. I'm designing a pod-launching Explorer that holds four planetary landers to visit four moons from orbit around cerillion, all of which can be refuled. I'm also looking into getting a SSTO there too.

Between the rovers, landers, and SSTO I should be able to find the easter eggs. The hunt is on!

17 hours ago, Disparia Books said:

I've got big plans for everything! My 3 rovers and 2 full bases are on the planet so now it's time to explore! I'm thinking about doing a special stream tomorrow and visiting Disparia. I'm designing a pod-launching Explorer that holds four planetary landers to visit four moons from orbit around cerillion, all of which can be refuled. I'm also looking into getting a SSTO there too.

Between the rovers, landers, and SSTO I should be able to find the easter eggs. The hunt is on!

Ooh, you're gonna do a somersault when you find the easter eggs for sure! They're absolutely epic!

It's a shame I can't ever seem to catch your stream live due to time zones... :P

I'm also fliming a trailer of Cerillion, and so far I think this gets pretty close to what I'd think of when it comes to the musical part of the trailer:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.