Quick, help me with undo!

Ultimate Steve

Long story short I was writing another part of my mission report. They can take me hours and I usually write them on the forum software. I did one thing and it deleted a sentence. So I press ctrl+z. and it deletes half of the new part.

Is there an redo command by any chance? Ctrl+y seems to do nothing. Can someone please help? Or do I have to spend another two hours rewriting my story?

Edited by Ultimate Steve

I am so sorry to be the one to say, but I know of no way to retrieve it. Quite honestly, I've done the same thing, and wanted to kick myself for it. Now I write chapters in notepad or word first, then transfer it over. It's a bit more work, but a lot less than re-writing 2 hours of work.

Sorry. :(

1 minute ago, Just Jim said:

I am so sorry to be the one to say, but I know of no way to retrieve it. Quite honestly, I've done the same thing, and wanted to kick myself for it. Now I write chapters in notepad or word first, then transfer it over. It's a bit more work, but a lot less than re-writing 2 hours of work.

Sorry. :(

Yeah, sometimes it seems stuff happens at the worst time possible. I decided to make Part 6 double length (2 moons instead of 1) and I usually back up my writing to Google Drive vie copy/paste about halfway through. But as luck would have it, I have one for part 1, one for part 2, and one for everything up to five, and I have never had to use them. I did not make a backup of part 6, and guess when I needed it the most?

I hope this doesn't affect my enthusiasm for writing. I lost the original Part 35 of Project Intrepid and didn't write for two months, and I really hope that doesn't happen again here.

*end rant*

Thanks for the advice!

1 hour ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Long story short I was writing another part of my mission report. They can take me hours and I usually write them on the forum software. I did one thing and it deleted a sentence. So I press ctrl+z. and it deletes half of the new part.

Is there an redo command by any chance? Ctrl+y seems to do nothing. Can someone please help? Or do I have to spend another two hours rewriting my story?

There is a redo button right next to the paragraph alignment buttons, but that is on mobile.

13 minutes ago, RA3236 said:

There is a redo button right next to the paragraph alignment buttons, but that is on mobile.

I am aware of that, it didn't work, and it doesn't matter now. I've already started rewriting it. But thanks anyway!

Edited by Ultimate Steve

1 hour ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I hope this doesn't affect my enthusiasm for writing. I lost the original Part 35 of Project Intrepid and didn't write for two months, and I really hope that doesn't happen again here.

*end rant*

I know how you feel, but don't let it stop you. You have readers and followers that like what you're doing, and want you to do more. So if you get down, think about how cool it is having fans, and do it for them.  :cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.