What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

Exactly as the title says.

I haven't had anything particularly funny or interesting happen today, but yesterday I was unloading a car from grocery shopping. There were bags of diet pepsi in the trunk that were nearly frozen (it is winter) and had been shaken around for the past hour on the journey from the store to our house.

I was grabbing another bag and then suddenly it ripped, causing one of the bottles (2 liter size) to fall onto the driveway - knocking the cap in just the right way that it came loose.

The result? It became a horizontal rocket - it was off the driveway and far into the neighbor's yard in less than a second. And today when I went outside there was a line of frozen pepsi all along the driveway on the path that the bottle took.

So, anything funny or interesting happen in your lives today?

Perhaps not today, but recently:
The ATOMIC PANCAKE!
aat728q.pngw4PwHXq.png
Now, you might be thinking to yourself: "Hey, that just looks like a normal pancake that got confused as to its level of cooking." But you would be wrong! This pancake was cooked with seven-minute-old radiation from an ongoing thermonuclear reaction!

(I just used a lens to cook a pancake. But it was the first edible thing I've cooked with that lens, so...interesting it is.)

Today I woke up way to early, at 4am... I tried to fall asleep again, but failed. So I decided to start my computer and go chat on Discord, I had a great conversation with @max_creative. Funny thing: my computer is quite noisy. I'm not sure if its the cooling fan or something else, but I tried to isolate the sound by putting stuff on top of it... don't wanna wake up the others, right? Apparently a big, heavy folder on top of my Asus ROG G20 makes it a bit quieter, but its still loud :P

16 minutes ago, ZentroCatson said:

Today I woke up way to early, at 4am... I tried to fall asleep again, but failed. So I decided to start my computer and go chat on Discord, I had a great conversation with @max_creative. Funny thing: my computer is quite noisy. I'm not sure if its the cooling fan or something else, but I tried to isolate the sound by putting stuff on top of it... don't wanna wake up the others, right? Apparently a big, heavy folder on top of my Asus ROG G20 makes it a bit quieter, but its still loud :P

Yep... 

Tm8m44H.jpg

Don't ask why I was searching these things... Just, don't ask... :P (feel free to ask) 

16 hours ago, max_creative said:

Don't ask why I was searching these things... Just, don't ask... :P (feel free to ask) 

I'm going to guess rocket fuel. Or something like that. (I am asking.)

Today I was in band and we got a new piece of music. (Also, I play trombone.) In this piece of music is a super high note nobody has seen before so we asked the band teacher. Apparently it is a high a played in fifth position.

Spoiler

Image result for bass clef high a

^That one.

Two seconds later the whole band started playing and we got to the part with the super high a. (The highest note I can really play is an F.) So I squeeze my lips as tight together as I can, took a deep breath, and out comes this really high pitched squeal that makes everyone in the entire band burst into laughter. Nobody managed to hit the a at all. :D I think I might have actually overshot a little...

While I was in band, somebody decided to pull the fire alarm...

It is January. In Iowa. It was nine degrees outside. I was wearing a short sleeve shirt. If you're going to pull the fire alarm, please, do it in spring and during one of the classes I hate (IED, I'm looking at you) rather than in one of the classes I like (Hey, at least it wasn't art!).

So, yeah. Band was interesting today.

On 1/5/2017 at 1:04 AM, legoclone09 said:

I won a competition for one of r/ayymd's best posts of 2016 and got Reddit Gold for a month with this high quality post.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AyyMD/comments/5jp4ib/this_image_is_nowhere_to_be_found_if_you_google/?st=IXCNTY6F&sh=47a090dd

What an annoying thread. Why did I even click that? I should have known better, it's Reddit.

My car was parked across the road, a typical Welsh terraced street, and I went over to get my things out of the car, bag and reach over and get my glasses out of the centre console.  Although it is a reasonably quiet street for some reason every single time I go out to the car there is always another coming up or down the street.  Leaning in the passenger door way I had to get out and close the door to let the car pass.  As I did so a button on my jacket caught on the side of the door frame and chipped a bit of the paint away.

https://goo.gl/photos/y9TU2rMdLBUwLivp8 my pretty little paseo for reference.

It can go 228mph too: https://goo.gl/photos/1Vjd2FpzeXpSMZKYA

• 2 months later...

Today was a good day. Bit sunny for my taste, though. Oh wait, I get to like that now!

US Nickel 
fnTyy5S.jpg
I have what remains of the plating around here somewhere...

US Penny
DP7TEon.jpg
I wasn't meaning to do anything to this one. It was on the edge of the stage, and I got a little lazy with tracking the sun.

Mystery Foreign Coin A
ldXdDUV.jpg
Accidentally slagged this one. I was expecting it to be of a somewhat more worthy metal. I tried to pick it up while it was under the focus, but I didn't realize it was liquid. I had to melt it back off of my pliers. Made a really weird globby thing, though.

Mystery Foreign Coin B (plus 2 US pennies)
tXIZj2o.jpg
I don't know what either of these foreign coins were, and I don't expect I'll ever know. Either way, I welded two pennies to this one. The top penny seems to have developed a bit of a cyst, which subsequently popped as I was quenching it.

Some Homemade Glass
X4bnF0Q.jpg
Curious as to what you guys think about this one. How hot do you figure? 1000K? I made the glass from a cinder block I crushed to sand. Here's a picture of the cinder block before crushing it (bit older, though):
HjstkNf.jpg

I'm running out of things to melt! Send me fun new metals or bigger lenses! (Although, with summer coming around...)

On 25 March 2017 at 5:24 AM, 0111narwhalz said:

I'm running out of things to melt!

Lol! This sounds like my childhood. :-)

hmm, nothing super interesting today, except I bought a gameboy micro, finally! These things are extraordinarily hard to find. They sell for over £350 new so I was lucky to find an as new boxed second hand one. Oh and a copy of super mario 3, yoshies island. Bliss! 

Alot of school lessons dropped for some reason, and i dont know if one of my big lessons is going to drop. I could either skip school and get in trouble or waste like 90 precious minutes just to find it has been dropped.