What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

4 hours ago, Spacetraindriver said:

My computer isn't working, been off since Tuesday...

:/;.;

Send help!

That's not nearly enough information to troubleshoot a toaster remotely, let alone a PC...
If you really want help, and can provide more details, you may want to open your own thread as your request is likely to get swamped in here.

• 2 weeks later...

It technically happened yesterday, not today, but I randomly found a 16gb flash drive that I lost..... Er, about two or three years ago.

Which reminds me, I need to plug it in and see what's on there. Like a time capsule.

Edit: Worst. Time capsule. Ever. It had nothing on it. 15.2gb of absolutely nothing. Great job for losing such valuable information, me.

I overthrew an autocracy in Social Studies (SS).

Spoiler

We are studying forms of government in SS, and our first one was autocracy. We had to live in an autocracy for an hour! The "Dictator" was my teacher. I did not like that we had a dictatorship, so I made several attempts to overthrow her. first one, I fell on my face, second one she spotted me, and the third one I was reported by my classmate. finally, I overthrew her and implemented an oligarchy.

Edited by Bill the Kerbal

Well... I woke up super tired, dropped my binder out of my locker and it sort of exploded when it hit the ground (someone helped me pick it up, so I have that going for me) and had to sort-of put everything back where it was, lost my peripheral vision in my right eye during lunch, and had a migraine in 6th period, making me have to check out of school. I also have the ACTs to take tomorrow and Wednesday. Isn't Monday fun?

All these small little courses I signed myself in for this semester turned out all to be a lot of hard work. I might have to stop playing for a few months and reduce social activity to a bare minimum of 1 party per week. Then there's this unfinished space station waiting to be flown to the Mun...

So I was walking home from the bus stop while talking to my friend about the Simpsons. Then I almost stepped on a non-living squirrel. And freaked like a cat getting poked in the back when it doesn't know anyone is there (those type of cat videos are fun to watch).

Jump-scared by a dead squirrel. Considering that I had a treefrog screaming at me on Easter I wouldn't think this is the strangest thing this month but definitely far from the norm.

On Easter, the fire alarm in my church went off at the end of the service. We continued like normal, we had about a minute left. By the time the rest of the altar servers  and I had lined up and walked to the back of the church (within a minute of the alarm), the last six rows were completely empty - apparently all of the old people bolted as soon as the alarm went off.

7 hours ago, TheKosanianMethod said:

On Easter, the fire alarm in my church went off at the end of the service. We continued like normal, we had about a minute left. By the time the rest of the altar servers  and I had lined up and walked to the back of the church (within a minute of the alarm), the last six rows were completely empty - apparently all of the old people bolted as soon as the alarm went off.

Nice, what denomination are you?

@The Raging Sandwich Gotta love Mondays! Good luck with your ACT's. And migraines. And power outages.

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 6:21 PM, The Raging Sandwich said:

" dropped my binder out of my locker and it sort of exploded."

Well, I had this box full of 50 colored pencils, and I manage to drop it very often... the worst is when you drop it and all 50 spill down the crowded staircase...

BTW is it alright if I add that to my list of quotes?

Edited by Ultimate Steve