What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

10 hours ago, TheEpicSquared said:

We watched Arrival in science class on Thursday. The concept is good, and he follow-through is exemplary for the most part, but IMO the ending leaves a lot to be desired. 

Right now, I'd say my top 5 movies are:

1. Interstellar

2. The Martian

3. The Dictator (oh god it cracks me up every time :D)

4. The X Files: Fight the Future

5. Arrival

Arrival is confusing

2 hours ago, NSEP said:

This.

kiWJ88t.jpg

Do i have to say more?

No. You really don't. Also, Cool!

As for me, I started and finished The Martian novel. It barely took 12 hours. I started early this morning and finished in the afternoon. Good read, although not 100% sure about the accuracy.

30 minutes ago, qzgy said:

As for me, I started and finished The Martian novel. It barely took 12 hours. I started early this morning and finished in the afternoon. Good read, although not 100% sure about the accuracy.

still a good book though? even with the wavering accuracy? the author stated somewhere that he tried to keep it 100% accurate, but broke it for the sake of the story

and me, I just made a kahoot about everyone's favorite space company

https://play.kahoot.it/#/k/b07ff8f8-f76a-43eb-baad-5710d97c7ea5

Just now, StupidAndy said:

still a good book though? even with the wavering accuracy? the author stated somewhere that he tried to keep it 100% accurate, but broke it for the sake of the story

Yes, good book. Would recommend reading it, there's actually more info than in the film adaptation. I must say, he is incredibly lucky (plot armor anyone?).

Just got back from vacation in Florida. On the way back we cut through Alabama to avoid the Atlanta traffic - and I got to see Space Camp and the museum next to it! That 1:1 Scale Saturn mockup is really something! And I got to stand in Apollo 12's astronaut quarantine airstream!

Also there was a LEM landing simulator. Sort of like KSP actually... I would have landed it right if someone hadn't hooked up the joystick wrong.

I got to stand in the Service Module swing arm!

On the way home tonight my sister was messing around with snapchat's filters. We ended up making up a game: We would say something into the phone and then reverse it. We would play the reversed audio 20 or so times and write down what we heard. Then we'd say it back into the phone and reverse that. Whoever got it the closest to the original won.

Results:

"That's one small step for man (...)" - Almost got it. Sounded really weird.

"It's raining Tacos! From out of the sky!" - Closer than the first one.

"Supercalafrajalispicexpialadocious" - didn't sound a bit like the original no matter how hard we tried.

"I AM A DALEK!!!!!" - I got it to sound okay, but my sister? It came out as "I AM UNCHALLENGED!"

EDIT: I also bought the NASA CRS-8 patch! That booster was the first to land on a barge and also the first to be reflown!

Edited by Ultimate Steve

25 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Just got back from vacation in Florida. On the way back we cut through Alabama to avoid the Atlanta traffic - and I got to see Space Camp and the museum next to it! That 1:1 Scale Saturn mockup is really something! And I got to stand in Apollo 12's astronaut quarantine airstream!

Also there was a LEM landing simulator. Sort of like KSP actually... I would have landed it right if someone hadn't hooked up the joystick wrong.

I got to stand in the Service Module swing arm!

On the way home tonight my sister was messing around with snapchat's filters. We ended up making up a game: We would say something into the phone and then reverse it. We would play the reversed audio 20 or so times and write down what we heard. Then we'd say it back into the phone and reverse that. Whoever got it the closest to the original won.

Results:

"That's one small step for man (...)" - Almost got it. Sounded really weird.

"It's raining Tacos! From out of the sky!" - Closer than the first one.

"Supercalafrajalispicexpialadocious" - didn't sound a bit like the original no matter how hard we tried.

"I AM A DALEK!!!!!" - I got it to sound okay, but my sister? It came out as "I AM UNCHALLENGED!"

EDIT: I also bought the NASA CRS-8 patch! That booster was the first to land on a barge and also the first to be reflown!

I have way too many mission patches (I collect them).... No, they aren`t original

Edited by FokkerAce

19 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

SpaceX isn't my favorite, but I'll play it anyways.

I try to take my dog to the veterinary this morning but the dog refused

So i drag it to the veterinary but before i new it on the way the dog started to pee without stopping for over 50 meter long and people were looking at me and thinking what is happening to my dog

5 hours ago, Beehelp said:

I try to take my dog to the veterinary this morning but the dog refused

So i drag it to the veterinary but before i new it on the way the dog started to pee without stopping for over 50 meter long and people were looking at me and thinking what is happening to my dog

that would be quite a sight

I have a sudden urge to make a cover of "Raining Tacos" in which I actually toss tacos off of my roof.

EDIT: I think I could actually modify one of my model rockets to carry a small taco and jettison it midflight. Either that or borrow my friend's drone.

Edited by Ultimate Steve

23 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I have a sudden urge to make a cover of "Raining Tacos" in which I actually toss tacos off of my roof.

EDIT: I think I could actually modify one of my model rockets to carry a small taco and jettison it midflight. Either that or borrow my friend's drone.

technically if you use the ejection charge to pop off a cap, which is restraining the taco

And, I opened my freezer to see this....

xL4L4tB.jpgIt looks so lonely! (we're about to move)

Edited by FokkerAce