What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

I flew a plane today. I'm at an aviation summer camp, and we're learning how to fly planes. Today was simple, with a lot of help from the instructors, but hopefully I'll get better.

EDIT: The plane I was flying was a Piper Archer (the more you knoooooow!)

Edited by spacebrick3

1 hour ago, spacebrick3 said:

I flew a plane today. I'm at an aviation summer camp, and we're learning how to fly planes. Today was simple, with a lot of help from the instructors, but hopefully I'll get better.

Remember: Pull up to go up, and always pull up to not hit the ground. Its how you land! :P 

Edited by Benjamin Kerman

While on my five-mile walk this morning, I was stopped by a 90something year old woman whose house I pass by each morning.

The reason she stopped me was to ask me to open her bottle of ketchup. When she saw me, she said she had been waiting on me for ten minutes... and yeah, I was ten minutes behind schedule.

3 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

While on my five-mile walk this morning, I was stopped by a 90something year old woman whose house I pass by each morning.

The reason she stopped me was to ask me to open her bottle of ketchup. When she saw me, she said she had been waiting on me for ten minutes... and yeah, I was ten minutes behind schedule.

lol, thats very.... interesting

So I got Invisalign 2 years ago and when it was done, i was given a plastic retainer to wear at night. Well, I got in my bed and set my alarm on my phone, then poped in my retainer.

-that tasted weird...someone must have done something to it...

-I think that's soap?.

-that is soap!

-Taking it out

-GAH NO, MOAR SOAP!

after eating some stuff and flushing it out with water the taste left.

Two for one though! Half way through writing the above a mouse ran into the room!

So in the bathroom brushing my teeth after the above ordeal was over, and saw a brown flash run across the room in the mirror. I thought I saw something but then I thought I was crazy from a minor lack of sleep. It dawned upon we though it was a mouse someone saw entering the room it ran from. So I plug the gap between the door and the floor to try to pin him in. I then go over to the bench/trunk thing I have and look behind it.                                     Darkness there and nothing more.

I tilt it back to look under it. Nothing...

Then I look back at the stack of papers...

the mouse sitting there, still to the bone. I eventually lost it into my room:mad: so that's always fun!

2 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Same here, I'm still in High School and I'm probably the biggest space nerd in my entire town.

Yup, can agree. Whenever i say the word spaceflight there must always be some person shouting "SOYUZ" or "SPACE SHUTTLE" to fit in lol.

On 16 June 2017 at 4:48 AM, spacebrick3 said:

Grob Tutor master race ftw. :P

3 minutes ago, Physics Student said:

have fun! Why not make a thread to share your experiences?

Thanks! And I probably won't do that, as it would be hard to maintain and it would probably reveal what me or other people looked like. I may post a few pictures though without anyone in it if possible.

Today nothing but some years before, in class, the local inteligent boy was commenting something when the local popular girl said:
 "This guy's a nerd" Then the teacher said "Do not talk like that to him! He might be your boss someday." But then the kid answered to the teacher. "It's not probable, I think I wont have a (place where people offer plesaure if you know what I mean) business" Everyone just stared, laughed and clapped at the guy.

latest?cb=20150627023850&path-prefix=es

Edited by Nailed it!
Not inserting non-kid-friendly words

After waking up at 2 or 3 in the afternoon for the past week, I got up at 8:30 this morning.

Still didn't actually get out of bed till 10:30

On 6/17/2017 at 11:00 PM, StupidAndy said:

I joined seti@home

so that's interesting

I have an amusing story about SETI@home:

Back in the early 2000s, I worked at a large university on the east coast. We were in the process of retiring a Sun E10k computer (basically a Cray supercomputer that could be hardware partitioned into multiple, independent servers) and I had a weekend to play with it before we got rid of it. So I took all the CPU boards, memory, I/O boards, etc and combined them into a single, large server. I don't remember the exact specs, but i think it had something like 48 processors and over 100GB of RAM (not very impressive today, but back then, holy crap!). I installed a base version of Solaris 8 OS on it, gave it an IP, and then downloaded and installed SETI@home on it. I created an account and fired it up on Friday afternoon. Came back Monday morning to find it had chewed through so many work packages that my brand new account had jumped into the top 10 on the leaderboard! I shut it down after that and sadly helped dismantle it and send it back to Sun as part of our trade-in for a newer E15k computer. Good times.