What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

9 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

I've been on summer vacation since the 14th... :) 

HA. 9th was my last day.

Edited by qzgy

I've always kind of just assumed that you could drive anywhere between North and South America if you wanted to spend a ridiculous amount of time on the road, but today I actually checked and I literally couldn't find any road connecting Panama and Columbia.

I took 36 cards in to a shop in Cowbridge that had ordered them on Saturday.  I had already given them some sample cards and had offered them for free but they insisted on paying me for both the batch they ordered and the samples.

8 hours ago, cubinator said:

I've always kind of just assumed that you could drive anywhere between North and South America if you wanted to spend a ridiculous amount of time on the road, but today I actually checked and I literally couldn't find any road connecting Panama and Columbia.

There's a swamp people aren't allowed to enter at one of the particularly narrow parts of the isthmus. It's called the Darian Gap, if I recall correctly, and it's home to some truly brutal violence. Drug wars and general anarchy. Details would no doubt infringe forum rules. My geography is not up to par, so I can't say for sure, but "between Panama and Columbia" sounds like as likely a place for it as any.

Just now, TheEpicSquared said:

Again, forum-appropriate words cannot express my shock.

But we get 3 one week half term holidays and another 3 two week holidays, and I think a 3 or so week Christmas/winter holiday.

Lost my wallet yesterday. Apart from spare change and bank cards, ID, driver's license, etc, which are already a major pain to replace, I've lost some ID-sized pictures of some friends back from late 90's, early 00's, as well as a little card my wife had drawn and written to me back when we started dating.

I'm seriously aggravated by this :mad: 

Yesterday I was randomly googling and discovered a kind of fantasy creatures, about which I had never heard before : Clurichaun.

Impressed a lot. I thought, leprechauns just sometimes live in Irish wine cellars, but never had an idea about two species of them: sober and drunk.
I thought, that was only two states of the same one, but never imagined they are divided into tribes of "those who sometimes" and "those who always"...

I just got back from National Youth Leadership Training - it's my second year on staff. That's why I've been gone for a week.

We were camped in front of the runway from Andrews AFB, and we saw three F-16s fly in a low formation right over us, then we saw a KC-135 later that day. The next day, we saw another KC-135 and watched four F-16s take off in quick succession.

Today I was watching a short film about a mischievous cat (The Cat Came Back) and the local mischievous cat, sleeping on the couch, got up, started watching, looked back at me, then walked briskly out of the room knowingly.

Another thing that happened was a cheaply designed lighter caught fire lighting birthday sparklers and nearly set fire to the wood table it was set on (some parts of it were made of plastic that should have been made of metal, and these melted as the lighter was on for several seconds, leaving the fuel leaking out and allowing it to burn constantly.)