What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

Just got back from camp. More details coming soon (maybe).

I brought $20 and spent $2. Then I lost the other $18. I was also given another $10 which I also lost.

Also, sixteen notifications! New record!

Now to catch up on mission reports and slam my face into the piano...

I sat down at my piano today and said "Today, I'm going to write another song!" and started plunking something out. Soon I have this melody and I'm like "Huh, this sounds really familiar." I can't place it so I continue writing, spending a while finding the right chords. I go over to my synthesizer which has memory tracks. I do the melody, chords, bass part, and drums. I still can't shake the feeling that this sounds extremely familiar. At this point I hoped I wasn't infringing on anyone's copyright.

Then it hits me like a ton of bricks.

That song I wrote is nearly exactly the exact same song as the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song.

I SPENT TWO WHOLE HOURS WRITING THE MICKEY MOUSE CLUBHOUSE THEME SONG! WHAT THE ACTUAL MOHO IS WRONG WITH ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?

*Hangs head in shame*

*Rips up sheet music for Planet Steve - Banana*

35 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I sat down at my piano today and said "Today, I'm going to write another song!" and started plunking something out. Soon I have this melody and I'm like "Huh, this sounds really familiar." I can't place it so I continue writing, spending a while finding the right chords. I go over to my synthesizer which has memory tracks. I do the melody, chords, bass part, and drums. I still can't shake the feeling that this sounds extremely familiar. At this point I hoped I wasn't infringing on anyone's copyright.

Then it hits me like a ton of bricks.

That song I wrote is nearly exactly the exact same song as the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song.

I SPENT TWO WHOLE HOURS WRITING THE MICKEY MOUSE CLUBHOUSE THEME SONG! WHAT THE ACTUAL MOHO IS WRONG WITH ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?

*Hangs head in shame*

*Rips up sheet music for Planet Steve - Banana*

so this?

I went hiking a few hours ago and found some ENORMOUS tadpoles. And by enormous I mean up to 4 inches long. There were dozens of them in this one 20-foot pond, some that were just babies while others that were growing legs. I got some pictures of the four I caught before releasing them (going to post them soon).

Also there was this one homicidal horsefly that absolutely had it out for me today. At least, I assume it was a horsefly.

10 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

I went hiking a few hours ago and found some ENORMOUS tadpoles. And by enormous I mean up to 4 inches long. There were dozens of them in this one 20-foot pond, some that were just babies while others that were growing legs. I got some pictures of the four I caught before releasing them (going to post them soon).

Also there was this one homicidal horsefly that absolutely had it out for me today. At least, I assume it was a horsefly.

As everything seems big to you, you'd better check if you hadn't shrinken...

Ant-man, so on, you see...

Upd.: btw do you still press keyboard buttons with fingers?

Edited by kerbiloid

20 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

That is No Horsefly... :wink: 
Hey, At least it's not a giant Tardigrade(Water Bear)! That would be terrifying. You could not kill it. it would just shrivel up, and then come back to life 5 minutes later. I mean, these things can survive years in space without food, water, anything! It would be a living tank.

@cubinator  your name makes a lot more sense to me now...

I made a thing, things, for dinner. I took cold mashed potato, then mixed in an egg, some corn flour and lots of shredded mozzerella. Made it into ping pong sized balls and deep fried them. Ended up golden and crunchy on the outside, soft and fluffy inside with melted cheese stringing out with every bite. Made the homemade cheeseburgers kinda plain tasting in comparison though.

10.873 seconds! That's the first time I've gotten two records in as many days since I first finished memorizing the beginner's method! This would put me in 3978th place if I was in a WCA competition. Currently I'm officially in the 5400s range. Still not sub 10 though. Maybe tomorrow!

What happened was I got a very quick F2L, I only had to pair up two sets and another was already in place. I could've gotten that solve sub 10 if I was a little more focused.

Edited by cubinator

4 minutes ago, cubinator said:

After a nice kayak trip in the ocean, I discovered that my watch is not as water resistant as it thought it was. Maybe it meant 100 m not deep, but laterally over water.

Hehe. Reminds me of the first watch I ever owned "Water Resistant down to XXXft!"

*Goes down inflatable waterslide which lasts, like, two seconds*

*Ruins watch*