Ultimate Steve

What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

187 posts in this topic

There is no one at school. Today is field day for us, so no one bothered to show up. There's about ten people in my first class.

So I have nothing to do but browse the forums and read XKCD. It's a good day.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, TheKosanianMethod said:

There is no one at school. Today is field day for us, so no one bothered to show up. There's about ten people in my first class.

Yeah, on our field day we had awards and yearbook distribution on the same day. A good third of the school didn't show up. Then there were finals the last three days, yesterday was the last school day. It was consistent the number of people who showed up. Tuesday it was about 3/4, then Wednesday it was only about half, then yesterday about less than a quarter showed up. Then there were all the people that left after finals ended, which ended at 11:30 Tuesday and yesterday.

1 person likes this

Since we has field day, we did nothing in any class. In orchestra, we prank-called the people who weren't in school. Fun was had.

12 minutes ago, TheKosanianMethod said:

Since we has field day, we did nothing in any class. In orchestra, we prank-called the people who weren't in school. Fun was had.

That's awesome.

1 minute ago, The Raging Sandwich said:

That's awesome.

I was the designated Text-to-Speech user.

We have the maturity of two-year-olds.

Just now, TheKosanianMethod said:

I was the designated Text-to-Speech user.

We have the maturity of two-year-olds.

Text-to-speech is even better.

1 person likes this

I bought a 64 gigabite flash drive for $6.99 from Office Depot. It was in a bin marked $6.99 clearance... and it wasn't supposed to be in there. Some hourly employee put the wrong flash drives in that bin by mistake... and yes, I did argue the price down...

1 person likes this

School is out for me!

And the summer weather is just wonderful!

*eyes thunderstorm outside*

14 hours ago, TheKosanianMethod said:

strangely XKCD isn't blocked on my computers, but other less...how shall I put it...inappropriate? yeah that'll do... but other less inappropriate websites are blocked

so I can read XKCD, but I can't browse @Drew Kerman's awesome thingymabob because the website has "blade" in the name somehow and it automatically blocks it :(

12 hours ago, The Raging Sandwich said:

Text-to-speech is even better.

I had to post this wonderful example of text to speech. It's amazing.

Edited by legoclone09
3 people like this

1 hour ago, StupidAndy said:

I can't browse @Drew Kerman's awesome thingymabob because the website has "blade" in the name somehow and it automatically blocks it :(

sorry for having such a violent web domain LOL

Ok I should have it fixed now. Whenever you visit kerbalspace.agency it redirects to a page that checks for any new launch/maneuver info to display in the site's sidebar and I had that redirecting via my main domain www.blade-edge.com. I replaced that redirect with the kerbalspace.agency domain so hopefully you should now have access

I'd like to think my project would make for some excellent "bored at work" browsing :)

Edited by Drew Kerman
1 person likes this

So, I get home from the graduation ceremony (I'm not graduating, I was just in the band) and I go onto YouTube, where I find this livestream by Keyboardplayer, who is known for doing improvised versions of songs. I didn't know he livestreamed, though. There were 29 people watching. I didn't have anything better to do, so I clicked on it.

Easily the best decision I made this month.

He's really great at playing, and he was taking song requests, so naturally I asked for "The Final Countdown," my favorite song. And - Yes. :D

Link for those interested!

I never expected for anyone to improvise that live. :D