Kerbnet questions

I just discovered that probe cores can scan for anomalies (haven't played for a while) and i have 2 questions:

1. What Vessels scan for anomalies? All the vessels with probe cores in orbit or just the active one?
  2. Can i stick a dozen probe cores on a single vessel to have better chances at finding an anomaly?

1. It is KerbNet that scans for anomalies, and KerbNet can only be active on one core at a time. It's not even per vessel.

2. Not exactly. They do not add/stack. Higher tech probe cores have better odds of detecting an anomaly -- but they will detect all the anomalies that a low-tech core would detect. So there would be no benefit to having the low-tech core along with the high tech one.

3. All probe cores of the same type will detect the same anomaly on the same day. So there's no benefit to stacking them, except ...

4. The RoveMate core has special detection capabilities, and that is the only one which would carry a benefit for adding as a second core.

Edited by bewing

31 minutes ago, Martin0 said:

Thank you for the fast answer, i hoped i would have a reason to launch something like this:

Spoiler

Stb4qtV.jpg

Why look for a reason? Whatever the function, that probe looks very... effective. :D Launch it anyway!

34 minutes ago, Martin0 said:

how do you share pics on the "new" forum?

Use the full link (the one that includes the image file extension).

Who cares that more cores don't help! That thing looks awesome! Call it the PorcupineSat and launch it! :)

Btw, when you're orbiting a planet (i.e. Kerbin), you can just set Kerbnet to auto-update (the little icon top-left of the Kerbnet window). Then you can use time-warp to make things happen faster. It will still update every 7 or 3.5 seconds (real time), regardless of how fast game time is going. So it will also still find anomalies.

• 3 weeks later...

You're gonna need to solar panel for Ec.  also, how are you gonna lauch it?  i'd love to see a video of you launching it up

If you have RTGs you can put RTG - probe - communitron 16/32 and just use that to make your porcupine sat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.