Missing addon threads.

sal_vager

11 hours ago, TheKosmonaut said:

You are now moderator of KerbaI Space Program forum. :P

I'd like to thank my excrementposting skills for this horrible opportunity.

EDIT: I just got off the phone with my mom, she's so proud of me.

Edited by CobaltWolf

25 minutes ago, Jivaii said:

Is the incompopoop that did this planning on getting fired?

No.
The IT guys are looking into it. But it requires recovering just those threads from very large backups then re-applying them to the forums.

38 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

No.
The IT guys are looking into it. But it requires recovering just those threads from very large backups then re-applying them to the forums.

Question:  These days many systems work on a soft delete basis.  Few people even have the authority to hard delete, this greatly reduces the chance of anything that goes wrong resulting in lost data.

Well, I hope whoever is responsible for this (either the deletion itself or not adding the safety features to prevent it from happening) gets to spend a day at the office wearing an Aerodynamic Nose Cone with the word "dunce" on it. That seems like a suitably symbolic punishment.

46 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

It was an accident, people. Calm down and knock off the insulting remarks. 

One day, at work:

UPDATE table SET column = 'data';

(8443 row(s) affected)

Hrm... That number seems a bit high.  "Hey Frank, they make backups of this stuff, right?"

It happens. Hopefully it's fixed soon.

I see the list of released AddOns thread is missing too, lol, I thought I was going crazy not being able to find it..

I am guessing this is the thread I was looking for:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-community-mods-and-plugins-library-oct202016/

Edited by mrsinister
adding in thread link

2 hours ago, Winchester said:

Well, I hope whoever is responsible for this (either the deletion itself or not adding the safety features to prevent it from happening) gets to spend a day at the office wearing an Aerodynamic Nose Cone with the word "dunce" on it. That seems like a suitably symbolic punishment.

Trust me, spending a couple of days explaining what happened to everyone while trying frantically to fix it is usually punishment enough for this type of thing.