KSP Multiplayer

Hey there, this is an idea for KSP Multiplayer. What do you think about it?

Missioncommander: Only Player to control Time Warp. Time Warp Markers in Orbit (Warp here) can be set by other Players. If the Commander dies, someone else will be Mission Commander.

Gameplay: Every Player can choose a Class: Pilot, Ingeneur or Scienetist. 

Engeniers can repair rocket parts, like broken science experiments so the scientist can use them. The scientist can create navigation points so the Pilot fly the rocket to its destination. 

On the way to another planet events can accure. Something like small asteroids damaging the ship. Engenier needs to EVA and repair them.

Before landing the scientist needs to check for biomes, so the pilot can land the ship.

This way alle the different Players have to support each other.

Any Suggetions?

Multiplayer has been suggested like a million times already (at the very least) and Squad once said they will add it some time. That's pretty much it.

1.1 was rumoured to be the Multiplayer update, so was 1.2. I haven't heard or read anything about 1.3 so far.

It's on the top of many players' features wishlist (though at the very bottom of mine) but we all know how Squad likes to listen to the forums for suggestions...

Edited by Gaarst

6 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

It's on the top of many players' features wishlist (though at the very bottom of mine)

Indeed. It is either on the very top or on the very bottom.

If done correctly (which is nearly impossible) it would be awesome. The best since sliced bread.
If done less than perfectly it would be a total disaster.

Edited by Tex_NL

1 minute ago, Gaarst said:

I haven't heard or read anything about 1.3 so far.

Remarks like this are exactly how the rumour wheel gets started. :sticktongue:

@Nicknamemk2 it sounds like a neat idea, which I would support as a multiplayer game mode, but I immediately see two problems:

• IIRC, in the multiplayer mods to date, it has never been possible to have two players occupying the same craft.
  • Secondly, the differentiation between Kerbal classes is a separate issue that would need major attention to produce the sort of variety you describe. If it isn't done for SP, I can't see anybody overhauling the system for the sake of MP.

As for how I prioritise MP, it's neither top nor bottom of my personal list, but I would very seriously like to see Squad deliver on their promises. Failing to do so undermines the integrity of my relationship with them as a supporter of their project. (I bought waaay before release)

MP for a space sim is not worth it imo. The management part of the game should be prioritzed, not a feature that leaves the feeling of "together alone".

I'd much rather see a kerbal flight sim with a proper storyline and multiplayer. Racing and shooting each other seems like much more fun than sporadic rendezvous and docking.

Edited by Veeltch

1 hour ago, Veeltch said:

MP for a space sim is not worth it imo. The management part of the game should be prioritzed, not a feature that leaves the feeling of "together alone".

I'd much rather see a kerbal flight sim with a proper storyline and multiplayer. Racing and shooting each other seems like much more fun than sporadic rendezvous and docking.

I'm not really agreeing, it could be very useful for a few actions, most notably doing simultaneous tasks. Say, one could focus on tourism and cash-grinding to finance the other player's first mun landing, or allow for one to focus on launching, say, space station pieces while the other docks them.

1 hour ago, MinimalMinmus said:

I'm not really agreeing, it could be very useful for a few actions, most notably doing simultaneous tasks. Say, one could focus on tourism and cash-grinding to finance the other player's first mun landing, or allow for one to focus on launching, say, space station pieces while the other docks them.

Nothing a single person can't do.

Edited by Veeltch

8 hours ago, Enceos said:

MP is not about dividing tasks, MP is about having fun together.

I really struggle to understand where's the fun part. I tried to play the DMP a few times with my friend and the only difference was that we would chat in-game about what we were doing. We performed a rendezvous once (with a lot of syncing and leaving and rejoining the game) and it pretty much concluded our adventure with multiplayer.

I'm not against fun. I just don't see any multiplayer fun to do in a space sim like KSP. To me KSP was always about self set goals and achievements and the ability to "go there and beyond". Development of MP would be a waste of time. On the other hand, a new flight sim kerbal game with MP would be an instant hit.

5 minutes ago, Veeltch said:

I really struggle to understand where's the fun part. I tried to play the DMP a few times with my friend and the only difference was that we would chat in-game about what we were doing. We performed a rendezvous once (with a lot of syncing and leaving and rejoining the game) and it pretty much concluded our adventure with multiplayer.

I'm not against fun. I just don't see any multiplayer fun to do in a space sim like KSP. To me KSP was always about self set goals and achievements and the ability to "go there and beyond". Development of MP would be a waste of time. On the other hand, a new flight sim kerbal game with MP would be an instant hit.

I agree that there's not much to do in orbit together aside from orbital construction. Most of the fun stuff happens on the ground and in atmosphere: racing, flying, roleplaying.

41 minutes ago, Veeltch said:

MP is much more limited than single-player. I mean it would be fun building a space station or base together, but only the part where you get there and see "hey, the new solar array module is already up and running" and then continue to do your part...not much there in the way of MP though. With bases you could really help each other "hey, hold that base module's landing leg out of the way please"(while you maneuver the new module with a crawler/assembler vehicle to attach to the base)

Other than that, theres nothing really.
...though maybe to teach a newbie friend how to kerbal(set up maneuver nodes for them, take over the craft when they freaks out on Mun landing and whatever else), but thats a small portion of gameplay

On 1/10/2017 at 6:29 AM, Tex_NL said:

The International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC) is a global coalition of regulators, investors, companies, standard setters, the accounting profession and NGOs. The coalition is promoting communication about value creation as the next step in the evolution of corporate reporting.

Good to know.

• 1 month later...

First off WHY ISN'T KSP MULTIPLAYER.  It doesn't make any sense to me I don't think people understand how fun it would be to have you and your friend make planes and more creations TOGETHER.  You could create your own space station with your friend.  You can have a dog fight ANYTHING.  This could be so much fun!  You could have races for example the person to make a plane and get to the river the fastest wins.  Why can't this be a thing this would make my life complete and most likely drive a crap ton of traffic to KSP.  Please consider this it would make the game probably the best game in existance.

55 minutes ago, SLAMOVNIK989 said:

Even Dark MultiPlayer is not that good like I thought. My imaginary of Advanced Multiplayer mode is: Showing all players on server regardless to kerbal time of each player, Easier searching for planes and rockets in craft search.

before going advanced try basic first .. even if DMP isn't perfect at all, it's a start.. but nevertheless maybe multiplayer will become stock in the future

Not this again!

7 hours ago, Rqti said:

WHY ISN'T KSP MULTIPLAYER.

BECAUSE DEVELOPING SUCH FEATURE WOULD BE A WASTE OF DEV WORK AND TIME.

Go try DMP. Look how fun it is and come back to tell us how many things you've done with your friends. I've docked once. The process of doing so was discouraging enough to never try the mod again. It's not a bad mod. It's just that KSP is that type of game that doesn't deal with classical multiplayer well.

7 hours ago, Rqti said:

You could have races for example the person to make a plane and get to the river the fastest wins.

This is why I think the next thing after KSP is officially done (which happens soon, I hope) should be a kerbal aviation prequel built mainly for multiplayer with a nice story mode about a kerbal pilot and his/hers adventures in the piloting world.