[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

I'm only a little familiar with modding, but I'm trying to integrate this with DangIt! by adding SpareParts production to the assembly plants. Is it as simple as creating a new .cfg with:

@PART[Ranger_Workshop]
{
	MODULE
	{
		<duplicate Ranger_Workshop MaterialKits module with appropriate changes>
	}
}

@PART[Tundra_AssemblyPlant]
{
	MODULE
	{
		<duplicate Tundra_AssemblyPlant MaterialKits module with appropriate changes>
	}
}

Any foreseeable problem with that? I think I would also need to change SpareParts in CTT to make it "pumpable" to storage elsewhere on the ship, correct?

6 hours ago, DStaal said:

You can't run it without the extra skills - but with some careful config editing, you could run it with only the three base professions.  Basically, you'd need to go into the config that defines the new professions and skills (it's an MM patch) and delete *just* the new professions.  The same file also applies the skills to the base professions, so if you keep that you wouldn't ever need the others.

That depends a lot on you.  :wink:  There are various ways to accomplish the task.  I'd add some high-quality recyclers - maybe even a purifier and some water.  That will reduce the amount of fertilizer you'll need considerably.  And you should look at habitation - but depending on what other functions your craft has, you may already have that covered.

Kolonists.cfg you mean, right ?

Just now, FirroSeranel said:

If I do that, my main base 20 meters away instantly sucks all of both resources out of it.

How so? It should maintain equal levels of resource in all of the warehouses.

Also, what does that pump level slider do?

@RoverDude, what I mean by MK consumer is...

My small outpost, as shown a couple of posts above, was unable to shift its drill sifters, because it didn't have any SP or MK. I couldn't transfer either resource to it through local warehousing, because a local warehouse will only create a pull request if the base 1: has sufficient storage for the resource in question and 2: has resource consumers for the resource. This outpost does have storage, but does not have "consumers".

If the sifter change (or inflatable deployment) served as a consumer, it would make a pull request. Or, alternatively, they could explicitly create pull requests when the button is pushed.

Now though, even after manually piping resources into the outpost via rover and KAS-pipe, it still won't work. Shipman says it's because I have local warehouses turned off... but if I turn them back on, the main base instantly creates pull requests and sucks all the MK and SP out of the outpost. Why the engineer on EVA can't pull from the main base, I have absolutely no idea. It's literally 20 meters away.

L6fIScn.png

4 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

How so? It should maintain equal levels of resource in all of the warehouses.

Also, what does that pump level slider do?

That's from GPOSpeedFuelPump. It lets me designate priority levels for resource tanks within the same vessel, and have resources automatically flow from higher levels, to lower levels, in real-time, and balance between equal levels. Very useful for automatically refuelling a ship upon docking, shifting lots of fuel quickly without hundreds of button presses like the stock system, or balancing high-fuel-percentage SSTOs.

I think it sucks it out, because there are no consumers for those parts on the outpost. So the equalization probably happens through mutual pull requests, but the outpost isn't making any.

1 minute ago, FirroSeranel said:

That's from GPOSpeedFuelPump. It lets me designate priority levels for resource tanks within the same vessel, and have resources automatically flow from higher levels, to lower levels, in real-time, and balance between equal levels. Very useful for automatically refuelling a ship upon docking, shifting lots of fuel quickly without hundreds of button presses like the stock system, or balancing high-fuel-percentage SSTOs.

I think it sucks it out, because there are no consumers for those parts on the outpost. So the equalization probably happens through mutual pull requests, but the outpost isn't making any.

It sucks them where? Does the main base 20 meters away have warehouse-enabled matkits storage?

5 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

It sucks them where? Does the main base 20 meters away have warehouse-enabled matkits storage?

Yes, but it's actually not taking the MKs for some reason... It used to, but it's not now. It is still stealing the Specialized Parts though. Probably because it's consuming them faster than it's producing them, while the MK production is net positive.

I suppose I could temporarily turn off the main base' local resources on its Specialized Parts storage?

Actually I think I know what's going on... it's just listing all the materials required when it says it has insufficient resources. The only thing it's actually missing at this point is Specialized Parts, and there actually are zero of those, net, between the two bases, with all warehousing turned on, maybe.

Ah. Okay, I think I've nailed it down. I think it's an unfortunate interaction between GPOSpeedFuelPump and MKS. Not a bug in either case, just... my top-priority modules for GPO are the production modules... which don't have warehousing. The lowest priority are the inflatable warehouses that do nothing but storage.

So... I'm guessing the warehouses are pulling resources from the other base, then they're immediately being whisked away to the production modules by GPO, leaving them with 0, so they call for another pull request? Trying turning all pumps off...

Alright, I can upload it, but you'll need some mods to load the base. Still want it?

1 minute ago, FirroSeranel said:

Ah. Okay, I think I've nailed it down. I think it's an unfortunate interaction between GPOSpeedFuelPump and MKS. Not a bug in either case, just... my top-priority modules for GPO are the production modules... which don't have warehousing. The lowest priority are the inflatable warehouses that do nothing but storage.

So... I'm guessing the warehouses are pulling resources from the other base, then they're immediately being whisked away to the production modules by GPO, leaving them with 0, so they call for another pull request? Trying turning all pumps off...

If there are no resources in the main base's warehouses, the engineer won't be able to use them.

4 minutes ago, FirroSeranel said:

Yep, that was it. The warehouses were empty because GPO was shunting their resources straight to the consumers' internal storage. So... GPOSpeedFuelPump and MKS Resource Management are... not so much with being compatible, it seems.

From your description, both mods are working both as intended and as you have instructed them to. I don't see the compatibility issue.

Edited by Tarheel1999

Just now, Tarheel1999 said:

From your description, both mods are working both as intended and as you have instructed them too. I don't see the compatibility issue.

No, you're correct. I could still use it for automatic refueling, and fuel tank balance on VTOLs and SSTOs, I just need to be very careful about how I assign GPO pump levels in bases with MKS warehousing.

By the way, @RoverDude... any idea why the lights on that Duna module aren't producing emissive light? I have this problem with a lot of lights lately... some work, like on the Karibou. I had to get rid of Ven's Stock Revamp's stock spotlights, and the original Squad spotlights work fine, but... why would that have any effect on Duna modules? Or do they just not produce emissives yet?

1 minute ago, RoverDude said:

@FirroSeranel - Why not just use the built in local logistics for refueling?  That's what it is there for :)

Duna modules should, log a github issue and I can look

Because it's slow and requires lots and lots of clicking if you have multiple fuel tanks you want to transfer from/to. I can refuel a ship within maybe 30 seconds with GPO... or take about 10 minutes and hundreds of clicks, and wind up with sore hands (carpal tunnel and some other stuff) with stock. It is, at this point, a convenience mod, rather than a necessity, but frankly, many of the 1.2 changes are not very user-friendly in terms of sheer number of clicks required to do things. I logged issues in the beta for things like adding a global preference for Rigid Attachment, but it never made it. That's another feature I basically can't use. My hands just can't handle the hundreds of extra precise clicks needed during a vessel design process to turn it on for all parts.

Now you really confused me...

Local Logistics is like... a couple of clicks (select the vessel, start transfers) and the transfer speed is very fast.  We're talking about the same thing right?  i.e. I am not talking about stock behavior (this is for inter-ship transfer, not intra-ship)