[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

47 minutes ago, Kobymaru said:

I believe RoverDude mentioned that this will be fixed in the next version.

He did, several versions ago. According to the release notes for 0.50.15, ag modules supposedly no longer require organics as an input so this shouldn't be a problem. Looks like something got lost in GH somewhere.

9 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

He did, several versions ago. According to the release notes for 0.50.15, ag modules supposedly no longer require organics as an input so this shouldn't be a problem. Looks like something got lost in GH somewhere.

Time to create a new GitHub Issue :wink: Can you do it or should I?

1 minute ago, voicey99 said:

I could PR it, it would only need a few small cfg edits. That is, assuming @RoverDude actually wanted to change it.

On 20.4.2017 at 7:12 PM, RoverDude said:

Locking is now allowed in the dev release, but having machinery move around in anything other than logistics containers would be very problematic.  So feel free to log a GitHub issue

Just now, voicey99 said:

That was talking about machinery, I don't know if that extends to organics.

I don't know either. I'd say make the PR anyway, if he doesn't want to change that he'll reject it.

I think the Organics-Stealing issue does need fixing in one form or the other.

Just now, Kobymaru said:

I don't know either. I'd say make the PR anyway, if he doesn't want to change that he'll reject it.

I think the Organics-Stealing issue does need fixing in one form or the other.

If I PR it, it would be the nuclear option i.e. remove the organics requirement from agmodules completely, configuring it to not nick orgs from the modules would require C# skills which I don't have. I'm not sure if the sledgehammer-nut approach is the right one.

To be clear - Organics should not be an input, but they absolutely need to remain a required resource.  Suggestion would be to lock them in the edge case where you have assembly and agriculture on the same vessel (a disconnected vessel would not have this issue).

55 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

To be clear - Organics should not be an input, but they absolutely need to remain a required resource.  Suggestion would be to lock them in the edge case where you have assembly and agriculture on the same vessel (a disconnected vessel would not have this issue).

Locking does not work.

Organics locked -> Organics still removed by scavenging.

That makes the Agriculture Module stop.

I think this is a bug.

21 minutes ago, Kobymaru said:

Locking does not work.

Organics locked -> Organics still removed by scavenging.

That makes the Agriculture Module stop.

I think this is a bug.

As noted earlier, locking is fixed in an upcoming release.

1 hour ago, voicey99 said:

Huh? Whatever that is, the discussion mainly centred around the fact that you can't lock them.

Also repeating what I said earlier... Locking is fixed in an upcoming release.

Hello everyone 

I am having a problem with Machinery (resource) :

1. Can i make it once i landed on planet ?

2. If yes how and from what  ?

I am also using a Extra Planetery Lunchpads mod and this mod is changing Rocket Parts to Specialized Parts and Material kits :

1. I know i can make them but how and from what ?

25 minutes ago, Narwil said:

Hello everyone 

I am also using a Extra Planetary Launchpads mod and this mod is changing Rocket Parts to Specialized Parts and Material kits :

Well.

On 26/01/2017 at 11:13 PM, sh1pman said:

If they could install the mod, they're definitely smart enough to read the guides :)

That or check the part descriptions in the VAB. Machinery is made from Materialkits and Spec Parts in the Ranger Inflatable Workshop and the Tundra Assembly Plant. EPL support is also being depreciated in favour of Ground Construction, but you should be able to make rockets out of Spec Parts and MatKits with MKS installed for the time being (I don't use EPL so I'm not sure on the current state of this integration).

Try reading this page.

Edited by voicey99

35 minutes ago, Narwil said:

Hello everyone 

I am also using a Extra Planetery Lunchpads mod and this mod is changing Rocket Parts to Specialized Parts and Material kits :

There's an entire KSPedia and Wiki covering all of this.  Short version - drill for stuff.  Refine to usable materials.  Combine into stuff to make rockets.

1 minute ago, RoverDude said:

There's an entire KSPedia and Wiki covering all of this.  Short version - drill for stuff.  Refine to usable materials.  Combine into stuff to make rockets.

I already know it but thank u again btw. your mods are awesome :) 

i have a question regarding planetary logistics. When do background logistics modules push stuff to planetary storage? It seems to me that it only happens when you load those crafts and doesn't happen in background.

Edited by dangel74

10 minutes ago, dangel74 said:

i have a question regarding planetary logistics. When do background logistics modules push stuff to planetary storage? It seems to me that it only happens when you load those crafts and doesn't happen in background.

It happens after you load the vessels and the resource catchup is processed. This means you will have to periodically check in on your outposts (and also need at least six hours worth of production storage to accommodate the catchup).

37 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

It happens after you load the vessels and the resource catchup is processed. This means you will have to periodically check in on your outposts (and also need at least six hours worth of production storage to accommodate the catchup).

So is there any way to do it automatically?

7 minutes ago, dangel74 said:

So is there any way to do it automatically?

No, you have to visit them every so often. Planetary Logistics should build up quite a buffer though, provided you have a production surplus.

About that in game wikipeda, some of the stats for converters are wrong. It list the lab higher then it is and there were some other errors. I went looking for the thread for the pedia but didn't see it. Maybe scrolled down a few pages. 

2 minutes ago, Vorg said:

About that in game wikipeda, some of the stats for converters are wrong. It list the lab higher then it is and there were some other errors. I went looking for the thread for the pedia but didn't see it. Maybe scrolled down a few pages. 

Specify?

Hello,

not sure if this was asked yet, but for some reason, when I load the game up, the loadingscreen freezes at:

"UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Spaces/Salamander_IVA/SalamanderInternal"

There is no crash, so no report.

Version is 1.2.2. and I already tried installing it new, etc.

Any idea what I could do?

Thanks for help!