[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

@FirroSeranel

Try with docking a Karibou with pilot at the Outpost and logistiktransfer the Materialkits. Or i think there is a pullrequest there in logistik chain.

What is the Main Modul in the Outpost?

If it is a Logistikcenter you can push the mats to PL but without Pilot no pulls.

7 minutes ago, Urses said:

@FirroSeranel

Try with docking a Karibou with pilot at the Outpost and logistiktransfer the Materialkits. Or i think there is a pullrequest there in logistik chain.

What is the Main Modul in the Outpost?

If it is a Logistikcenter you can push the mats to PL but without Pilot no pulls.

It's a Pioneer, sadly. I thought that would be enough, since it's so close to the main base, and I wanted the recycler. It has a quartermaster, so it could do pull requests, but not planetary. There's no where to dock a rover... but I do have EVA Resource Transfers available, so I may do that... transfer via pipe to the Karibou, then again to the outpost.

Still, that's maybe something to consider, if it's possible, @RoverDude... is there any way for an engineer on EVA to generate his own pull request when trying things like deploying inflatables, or swapping sifters? I kind of doubt it since it's the outpost, not the engineer, who has the storage capacity... so maybe a storage backpack or something? I dunno...

Edited by FirroSeranel

Not a advice but a building prefernce of me.

On bigger outposts i love to use a Karibou-Cabin as some sort of support command Center. 

I only have to bring a second pilot with Supporttrain in and get him in and I am fully flexible to transfer anything around. Transportpersonal is mostly 2 Pilots(Logistik) and 1 Enginier(repaint, deploy and so on) i think to install some Claws on Karibou for insitu Konstruktion. But didn't try to look if the Claws give the lift Bonus to Kerbals

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

Edited by Urses

The Geology lab is a narrow band scanner (which is really handy for finding optimum resource spots).

I use the Malemute as a runabout.  The Karibou is really a mobile base platform.

Unrelated... in case you are curious what two years of practice modelling looks like:

W3cYOqX.png

Just now, RoverDude said:

The Geology lab is a narrow band scanner (which is really handy for finding optimum resource spots).

I use the Malemute as a runabout.  The Karibou is really a mobile base platform.

Unrelated... in case you are curious what two years of practice modelling looks like:

W3cYOqX.png

Ooh, wow, those are gorgeous! What are they? Looks like a Honeybadger part, which is exciting. I love the Honeybadger! No idea about the other one, but it's pretty... *drools*

By the way, how does OSE Workshop's workshops determine what parts they can build, and what they can't? I'm using a Tundra Assembly Plant, and I want to build a 2.5m Flat Kontainer (the round silver one with the grid-like outer skin), and can't find it. Is it because its volume is bigger than my largest KAS container?

As I recall, yes, it is based on volume and available KIS storage.

Just now, dboi88 said:

@RoverDude that new module looks amazing *drools on the keyboard*

Thanks :)  The Osprey is coming along slow but sure.  Though now that I have ground pylons working, I will probably switch gears a bit to 5m/10m MKS parts.

1 minute ago, RoverDude said:

Yup!

Haha, you rock! I can't wait! *bounces*

And yeah, I know just enough about modeling to know that the new one is -much- more challenging to model than the old one. Very impressive.

Edited by FirroSeranel

Malemute here Wink XD

I never get the Lab with Geologist up inside. It seems to be a normal Lab=Sciencist.

Why i use it? Transportable airborne with Mark3 and higher. Mobile Sience Outpost. Stile?:wink: And realy outstanding idea with the inflatable Dockingports.

Mostly used as base buildpoint searcher. And later on as Transporter for 2,5m inline containers with inbuild Logistiktransfer option(+Pilot like Karibou).

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

Edited by Urses

Yeah, I've been very tempted to build a double-chassis Malemute for extra-wide stance and flip-resistance. I'll probably disassemble my Karibou now that construction on my base is done. It was scouting locations because it had engines, though now that I'm more comfortable with BonVoyage, that's not so necessary. Though it has kept my scouting team warm and fed for several months before the base components started arriving, so it's served me well.

16 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Unrelated... in case you are curious what two years of practice modelling looks like

I write a Roman for FirroSeranel, make a side reload....

And RoverDude gives me a heartstroke...

Some littel details about? Use, date?Looks like next EL/GC Integration Module <3 (Kid inside hops wild around and complain about " My, will have")

Just now, sh1pman said:

@RoverDude what's a ground pylon?

A launch clamp without the decoupling bits... so something very useful for designing a base section in the VAB, dropping it in place with GC (since it respects launch clamps and derivitives), and creating it on uneven terrain.  

The hold up on the very large MKS parts has been due to the need to have an in-the-box solution for in situ construction.  GC solves that issue, since I can 100% depend on it's presence and leverage it.

22 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

A launch clamp without the decoupling bits... so something very useful for designing a base section in the VAB, dropping it in place with GC (since it respects launch clamps and derivitives), and creating it on uneven terrain.  

The hold up on the very large MKS parts has been due to the need to have an in-the-box solution for in situ construction.  GC solves that issue, since I can 100% depend on it's presence and leverage it.

What will the larger form factor parts do, exactly? Just more/bigger/more bays/higher bonuses? Or will they integrate more functions per module for lower part count?

Confession: I kinda miss the old OKS parts - there seemed to be a lot more variety to the orbital stuff than there is now, given the focus on ground bases.  I built some really fun orbital stations with them, close to self sufficient, including EPL. And they were quite handy for long-haul exploration motherships.  But the MKS is head and shoulders above the old MKS, so I guess that's a decent trade-off.