[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

1 minute ago, voicey99 said:

Yes, I am using 1.2.2. Until now I had no idea what the betas dropdown did since it had always been broken and unclickable. The latest update seems to have fixed that.

Saves should work on any KSP version on par with or above the version they were created in. It's likely your jaunt into 1.3 changed something in the save so it is now marked as 1.3. I'm not willing to risk my own save so could someone who has started on 1.3 downdate and test it out?

I think you are probably right. Though weirdly, if you open the save file with Notepad++, it says that the version is 1.2.2 (versionFull = 1.2.2.1622 (WindowsPlayer x64))

Just now, Stormbuilder said:

I think you are probably right. Though weirdly, if you open the save file with Notepad++, it says that the version is 1.2.2 (versionFull = 1.2.2.1622 (WindowsPlayer x64))

I noted that too (notepad is ubiquitous), I believe that refers to the version it was created in rather than the version it was last used in. It could also be possible that the changes made by 1.3 are what is causing the issues with the drills (in which case you will have to update for good now-MKS is out for 1.3, try that. The same probably can't be said for all your other mods though)

I was using ckan to keep things up to date and I couldn't update this mod for v1.3.  Does anyone know why? 
It did show when I had a previous version installed, but the update failed due to groundconstruction missing.  so I removed teh old mad to install the whole of 1.3 fresh and it's not there in ckan!  

1 minute ago, MoridinUK said:

I was using ckan to keep things up to date and I couldn't update this mod for v1.3.  Does anyone know why? 
It did show when I had a previous version installed, but the update failed due to groundconstruction missing.  so I removed teh old mad to install the whole of 1.3 fresh and it's not there in ckan!  

Whatever the 'old mad' is, don't trust CKAN with any more than standalone mods. Mods with dependencies and complex relationships (some of which are still potentially languishing in 1.2) should be installed by hand, the 1.3-compatible version can be found on github,

Yeah, I'm just too lazy really, I should set Kerbal to not update unless I tell it to!  (Old mad was meant to read old mod!)  USI Kolonialisation mod isn't even listed in my ckan now... :( github it will have to be but I also have a tonne of mods not compatible yet so... 

5 hours ago, MoridinUK said:

Yeah, I'm just too lazy really, I should set Kerbal to not update unless I tell it to!  (Old mad was meant to read old mod!)  USI Kolonialisation mod isn't even listed in my ckan now... :( github it will have to be but I also have a tonne of mods not compatible yet so... 

the ckan issues with USI mods appear to be fixed, at least for me.

20 hours ago, voicey99 said:

On a side note, how do you stop Steam forcing you to update to 1.3? I open KSP directly from the .exe, but this disables steam integration-do you have an alternative?

Getting off topic I know, but my method might work well for you. When I copy a KSP install out of the Steam Library I still link to it using the "Add a Non-Steam Game" option under Games. This keeps all the Steam features (streaming, overlay) except achievements, but you don't have to worry about Steam auto-updating the game.

Edited by Mandella

Kind Roverdude and other fellow kerbonauts,

I'm having an issue with KSP 1.3 and sadly - this mod. Game crashes during loading screen, sending output_log here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7u6xsqxdhjy28s/output_log.txt?dl=0 Reinstalation of KSP didn't help, the game works perfectly fine without mods.

Anyways, keep on doing mods like that, actually 'roverdude' is my first sentence, when it comes to looking for new mods, awesome work.

Best Regards,

Simon 

Edited by mavnor

35 minutes ago, mavnor said:

I'm having an issue with KSP 1.3 and sadly - this mod. Game crashes during loading screen, sending output_log here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7u6xsqxdhjy28s/output_log.txt?dl=0 Reinstalation of KSP didn't help, the game works perfectly fine without mods.

Anyways, keep on doing mods like that, actually 'roverdude' is my first sentence, when it comes to looking for new mods, awesome work.

Best Regards,

Simon 

It may or may not be relevant, but you don't seem to have the bundled CCK or AT Utils files. They are needed-what for I don't know.

This could be CKAN fumbling it again, in which case install it manually.

Edited by voicey99

33 minutes ago, mavnor said:

Best Regards,

Simon 

Install MKS manually via the Github repo (link from the catalog page in my signature).  Do not omit any folders, overwrite everything.

23 hours ago, voicey99 said:

I noted that too (notepad is ubiquitous), I believe that refers to the version it was created in rather than the version it was last used in. It could also be possible that the changes made by 1.3 are what is causing the issues with the drills (in which case you will have to update for good now-MKS is out for 1.3, try that. The same probably can't be said for all your other mods though)

I found the reason!!!

Apparently, a base can only be on one biome, as far as drilling for resources is concerned. So even if physically the drill is on another biome, it will still think it's on the base's one (I assume the main biome is where the first piece was landed, or maybe where the centre of gravity is).

The moment I unlinked the vessel with the drill from the main base, it started properly drilling again.

29 minutes ago, Stormbuilder said:

I found the reason!!!

Apparently, a base can only be on one biome, as far as drilling for resources is concerned. So even if physically the drill is on another biome, it will still think it's on the base's one (I assume the main biome is where the first piece was landed, or maybe where the centre of gravity is).

The moment I unlinked the vessel with the drill from the main base, it started properly drilling again.

From your screenshots, the base looked to bang in the middle of one of the flats. Are there really biome borders there?

2 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

From your screenshots, the base looked to bang in the middle of one of the flats. Are there really biome borders there?

It's actually on the border between the Great Flats and the Lowlands. There's a slight terrain slope, but it's fairly consistent, so it looks like a flat.

Between the two biomes, I have access to almost every resource in decent abundance, except for Water and Metallic Ore.

Edited by Stormbuilder

4 hours ago, mavnor said:

Best Regards,

Simon 

i was having the same problem.

i fixed it by installing Module Manager first. then all other mods

i got an issue first line in my log=

[ERR 00:38:10.627] Error: Empty part config file

[WRN 00:38:10.628] Cannot create config from file 'C:\KSP_win64_1.3\GameData\CommunityResourcePack\AsteroidScannerSetup.cfg'.
[WRN 00:38:11.870] Cannot create config from file 'C:\KSP_win64_1.3\GameData\TweakScale\Examples.cfg'.
[ERR 00:38:12.204] Error: Empty part config file

when i actually launch a  logistics module my game slows to a crawl and spams my log with =

ERR 01:20:00.964] [RESOURCES] - Error in - BaseConverter_GetDeltaTime - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at USITools.ModuleResourceConverter_USI.PrepareRecipe (Double deltatime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BaseConverter.GetBestDeltaTime (Double deltaTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BaseConverter.GetDeltaTime () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

ksp 1.3

usi=latest constellation 

ksp avc says im up to date also

log= https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmqMBbX17a5K1AIbw3zced3raaHY

need anything else just let me know

9 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Pic of the craft in question (the one spamming nullrefs)?

well i only noticed it once i got to launch a duna logistics center because of the slow down so i checked the log but after more testing it happen with just a logistics module by itself or an tundra ag dont think a pic will help im thinking its a mod conflict but the only ones im using thats not for 1.3 are vens and spacey as far as im aware they shouldnt cause this

edit ---loading game for screenshot just in case

Edited by BrutalRIP

41 minutes ago, BrutalRIP said:

when i actually launch a  logistics module my game slows to a crawl and spams my log with =

ERR 01:20:00.964] [RESOURCES] - Error in - BaseConverter_GetDeltaTime - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at USITools.ModuleResourceConverter_USI.PrepareRecipe (Double deltatime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BaseConverter.GetBestDeltaTime (Double deltaTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BaseConverter.GetDeltaTime () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I was getting the same (or at least similar) error when using the small radial recycling module.

Are the 3.75m MPUs the biggest/most efficient [Smelter] modules? What do people normally do to help their Metals/Polymers/Chemicals production keep up with Material Kits at higher efficiency levels?

2 minutes ago, Wiseman said:

Are the 3.75m MPUs the biggest/most efficient [Smelter] modules? What do people normally do to help their Metals/Polymers/Chemicals production keep up with Material Kits at higher efficiency levels?

A 3.75 Tundra refinery with a level 5 engineer would be more efficient, then use the MPUs as efficiency parts.

3 minutes ago, Wiseman said:

A 3.75 Tundra refinery with a level 5 engineer would be more efficient, then use the MPUs as efficiency part