[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

25 minutes ago, Kwarazi said:

As far as I am aware no it doesn't. but I may be wrong

It doesn't, as has been said time and time again. Some people just can't be bothered to search the thread or scroll back a few pages

27 minutes ago, Kwarazi said:

Yes there is I have over 70 mods and I don't use CKAN you can install KSP-AVC checker and just update the mods as and when it says they are out of date, tbh its probably more reliable than CKAN

I hate AVC, since it continually bugs you to update stuff even if you don't want to/can't (i.e. the newest mod version is for 1.3 but you want to keep using 1.2). I even installed ZeroMiniAVC it was so annoying.

20 minutes ago, Moonratt said:

BAH! installed MKS/OKS manually, problem solved. At least it seems to be. No crash at start, so that's a bonus. Should probably have tried this first. >.<

Yeah - CKAN doesn't fail well.  :wink:  If something isn't working, always try a manual install to make sure it's not a CKAN issue first.

25 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

I hate AVC, since it continually bugs you to update stuff even if you don't want to/can't (i.e. the newest mod version is for 1.3 but you want to keep using 1.2). I even installed ZeroMiniAVC it was so annoying.

I'll take AVC's notice that I can easily click past over the usual Cluster**** that is CKAN.

Just now, goldenpsp said:

I'll take AVC's notice that I can easily click past over the usual Cluster**** that is CKAN.

If you're using 1.2 there isn't much point to update notifications since pretty much all future updates will be for 1.3. I do check CKAN every so often, and find it's usually pretty good (when it isn't throwing krakens constantly), but MKS is the only mod of mine that updates frequently(ish).

7 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

If you're using 1.2 there isn't much point to update notifications since pretty much all future updates will be for 1.3. I do check CKAN every so often, and find it's usually pretty good (when it isn't throwing krakens constantly), but MKS is the only mod of mine that updates frequently(ish).

Yes but even that is less of an issue these days as KSP isn't updating versions that often.

3 hours ago, voicey99 said:

Part disassembly is simply a good way to recycle your booster stages after delivering modules, it's not intended to be a long-term source. I don't know how many MKTs you need to make a part with OSE, but agreed, it should be more than you get from disassembling it.

What is also really useful is that I put landing engines under my base, fuel tanks on top, and landing legs where they can fit. I can usually land any base that way on most bodies. Then, I disassemble the engines, fuel tanks and the legs last. You now have a clean base on the surface without having to worry about making hover style landers and decouplers.

Just now, Gilph said:

What is also really useful is that I put landing engines under my base, fuel tanks on top, and landing legs where they can fit. I can usually land any base that way on most bodies. Then, I disassemble the engines, fuel tanks and the legs last. You now have a clean base on the surface without having to worry about making hover style landers and decouplers.

That's not very useful for large bases or module delivery. My modules are all on wheels so they can be wheeled into horizontal position for joining with konstruction, hence I land and then deliberately tip the rocket over so they land on the wheels-I'm now left with one tipped-over rocket that is useful for nothing other than disassembling (if it's especially expensive, I will design it to be capable of returning to Kerbin for recovery). I don't disassemble the wheels though, since they provide stability (unlike the jiggling cradles) and help soften the physics hop.

6 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

This is the same story at every patch, CKAN is great but it can destroy your campaign if steam auto-update your game and you don't have an alternative version somewhere.

If you make heavy use of mods and you let something auto-update your running copy of KSP, your problem isn't CKAN or the lack thereof; it's that you're letting something auto-update your running copy of KSP.

6 hours ago, DStaal said:

I don't find OSE useful for things much larger than a Kerbal can carry in the first place.

This base was built exclusively with OSE workshop and KIS:

sfLIryQ.png

(disregard the rocket in the background)

Slightly off-topic for MKS (but not really given the past two pages) any pointers to threads on best practices for version control of the installed game, not the source?  I'm thinking of some sort of Git for the save games and Gamesdata folders.

3 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

They should all be in the last tab in the workshop UI.

Thanks... I am attempting to find a way to remotely build stuff as a work around until GC gets updated.. appreciate it. 

Does MKS still have the mobile launch pad?

Just now, gamerscircle said:

Thanks... I am attempting to find a way to remotely build stuff as a work around until GC gets updated.. appreciate it. 

Does MKS still have the mobile launch pad?

It was deprecated, use survey stakes instead.

35 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

No problem. BTW, how did you plan to use the MKS mobile launchpad without EL? :)

I am not sure..  I was in the process of taking my 1.2.2 konize career over to 1.3, but GC is pretty important part and since that isn't updated.. I am looking for a work around.

I used the Stakes back in 1.1.3, so I am familiar with them,   I am currently playing with OSE Workshop, but that is only going to do smaller parts.  if I recall, last time I used EL with MKS, I just removed all the parts but the mallet and stakes?

2 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

I am not sure..  I was in the process of taking my 1.2.2 konize career over to 1.3, but GC is pretty important part and since that isn't updated.. I am looking for a work around.

I used the Stakes back in 1.1.3, so I am familiar with them,   I am currently playing with OSE Workshop, but that is only going to do smaller parts.  if I recall, last time I used EL with MKS, I just removed all the parts but the mallet and stakes?

Pretty much - it hasn't changed much in how it works.  Since the mobile launchpad has been removed, you can keep the launchpads from EL as well.

Though you might want to take a look at Keridian Dynamics (not sure if it's been updated - but the main section of it is just a parts pack) - it's got much nicer parts for EL.  (Including a great replacement for the stakes and mallet.)

Just now, DStaal said:

Pretty much - it hasn't changed much in how it works.  Since the mobile launchpad has been removed, you can keep the launchpads from EL as well.

Though you might want to take a look at Keridian Dynamics (not sure if it's been updated - but the main section of it is just a parts pack) - it's got much nicer parts for EL.  (Including a great replacement for the stakes and mallet.)

Last time I used the stakes, the Pioneer module was needed, is it still just that module?