[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

How can I support sending resources to a planetary repository?

I have mining stations, and processing. How to make it so that, without switching to them, update the planetary storage?
Or so it is impossible? I do not want to continually check the craft to update the contents of the resources in the planetary repository.
(English is not my language, I use an translator) 

9 minutes ago, Oyster said:

How can I support sending resources to a planetary repository?

I have mining stations, and processing. How to make it so that, without switching to them, update the planetary storage?
Or so it is impossible? I do not want to continually check the craft to update the contents of the resources in the planetary repository.
(English is not my language, I use an translator) 

Not possible.  You need to check occasionally.

If you have at least 13 hours of storage (6 hours full, 6 hours empty, and a bit of margin) you can be gone for arbitrarily long periods of time - when you go back to check, the entire time you're gone will be processed.  If you have less than that, you'll lose some if you're gone for more than 6 hours.

7 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Not possible.  You need to check occasionally.

If you have at least 13 hours of storage (6 hours full, 6 hours empty, and a bit of margin) you can be gone for arbitrarily long periods of time - when you go back to check, the entire time you're gone will be processed.  If you have less than that, you'll lose some if you're gone for more than 6 hours.

Immediately sorry, I'm just hard to understand. For example, it will be effective: 13-14 hours-ksp in a module-miner, next go "on business" for a year to other missions, and after this time check the module-miner?

Just now, Oyster said:

Immediately sorry, I'm just hard to understand. For example, it will be effective: 13-14 hours-ksp in a module-miner, next go "on business" for a year to other missions, and after this time check the module-miner?

13-14 hours of storage, go on business for a year to other missions, and after this come back to check the miner.  Yes, that will be effective.

6 minutes ago, strudo76 said:

This mod is listed under the heading "Mods that provide CLS configuration themselves" for Connected Living Spaces. What does this mean, and should I also install that mod?

Thanks

If you like that mod, you should probably go read up on CLS and see if it is something that's up your alley.

13 minutes ago, strudo76 said:

This mod is listed under the heading "Mods that provide CLS configuration themselves" for Connected Living Spaces. What does this mean, and should I also install that mod?

Thanks

It means that if you install the two of them, everything will work properly. It does not mean that either needs the other. Like golden said, if you want CLS, then feel free to install it otherwise you're fine without it.

@voicey99 Can you link me the resources for balancing USI stuff, like that spreadsheet? I would like to be sure that I'm plotting my numbers right for habs and recyclers. I'm bound to improve USI support in another very popular mod soon™, so...

Edited by JadeOfMaar

I have a question about the kolony dashboard.

I made a test mission to mun to get in touch with drills aso...

I am there with one Engineer lvl 1.
On the dashboard stands:

Mun Kolony Statistics

Geology 101,23% (slightly increasing)

Botany 100%

Kolonization 100%

How should i understand this?

Is 100% the base lvl of a body? I learned a lot about USI MKS+LS in the last days but i cant figure out how this 3 parameters work.

I found a file in the MKS folder called Settings.cfg which lists KOLONIZATION_SETTINGS:

OrbitMultiplier = 0.0
    EfficiencyMultiplier = 10000 ---> how does this effect other things? And which things?
    MinBaseBonus = 0.0
    StartingBaseBonus = 1.0
    ScienceMultiplier =  0.00001 
    RepMultiplier =  0.00001 
    FundsMultiplier = 0.01

Any help welcome !

3 hours ago, Roschnicron said:

<schnip>

Mun Kolony Statistics

Geology 101.23% (slightly increasing)

Botany 100%

Kolonization 100%

How should i understand this?

Is 100% the base lvl of a body? I learned a lot about USI MKS+LS in the last days but i cant figure out how this 3 parameters work.

<schnip>
    EfficiencyMultiplier = 10000 ---> how does this effect other things? And which things?

<schnip>

I game MKS a pretty comprehensive overview here, the section you are looking for is in the 5th paragraph after the chart. I believe the '10000' default setting for effmult is just an arbitrary number, divide by 10K to get the relative efficiency multiplier. This likely is a production multiplier for all MKS converters and drills, but I've never messed with it. See TauPhraim's post..

@JadeOfMaar Instructional video on how to use it here, link to the spreadsheet (works best in google docs) is in the desc. It also happens to be the first result on google.

Edited by voicey99

5 hours ago, Roschnicron said:

Is 100% the base lvl of a body?

Yes 100% is the starting value for each body. They increase based on the number of kerbals on board and the converters you have (see MksModule descriptions in VAB to distinguish the 3 kind of converters). These bonuses in turn increase the productivity (load) of converters.

EfficiencyMultiplier controls how fast the bonuses grow (actually the bigger the slower).

Edited by TauPhraim

@RoverDude I am building a *near* stock space station, but I would like to have a few select parts from MKS on it, i.e the *ring habitat" and a few more. Installing MKS and all its complex mechanics is a bit overkill for this particular purpose. Any plans to release a standalone parts pack that does not change the game like MKS does?
Or,if not, I guess I could copy some parts and spaces to a homebrew folder?

50 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

@RoverDude I am building a *near* stock space station, but I would like to have a few select parts from MKS on it, i.e the *ring habitat" and a few more. Installing MKS and all its complex mechanics is a bit overkill for this particular purpose. Any plans to release a standalone parts pack that does not change the game like MKS does?

I can preempt the inevitable 'no, it'll be a support nightmare'. Just delete the DLL so you don't have to mess with texturepaths, but this might cause error spam and the animations on the habring won't work without the DLL (SXT has an alternative habring, but it doesn't look as good) plus so many other potential issues that plaster this in computer health warnings.

Don't expect any support if you do that.

Edited by voicey99

2 hours ago, SkyKaptn said:

If you only want the hab-ring, you can just use a mod like janitors closet to hide all the other parts(but it may be easier if you inflate it after it is in orbit, and that will mean you need one or more cargo crates to haul material kits).

It is not like having MKS installed will force you to use the full functionality if you only want one part(but that part does use some of the custom DLLs so I would not expect it to work if you try to remove anything other than unused parts form the MKS folder).

3 hours ago, SkyKaptn said:

Like the others said, don't expect any support if you go that way. But you can probably get by with only having USITools installed and copying the parts and assets you want. Without USITools you won't be able to deploy the ring.

5 minutes ago, MarlboroMan said:

I'm doin something wrong. I cant get this mod to work.

I have mechjeb and SVE installed.

First time run AVC told me to update usi tools. Game crashes during loading.

Udated usi tools and I dont get any parts or anything from this mod.

That all sounds interesting.  Unfortunately it has very little useful information to help you.  Things like KSP version, mod versions, screenshot of gamedata folder would probably help.

1 minute ago, MarlboroMan said:

Yeah I was hoping I did something obvious like incompatibility with SVE.

KSP 1.3

Mechjeb2 2.6.1.0

SVE

----EVE 1.2.2.1

----scatterer 0.0300

----SVE 1.2.3

MKS 0.50.14.0

USITOOLS 0.9.2.0

Module manager 2.8.0

can you get a screenshot of your gamedata folder?