[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

1 minute ago, Alshain said:

I liked what I read about the manufacturing process in MKS.  EPL is much more simplistic on it's own.  I don't care so much if it's EPL or GC, I've never used GC though and I don't see anything about orbit construction in it's thread.

You can still use the MKS manufacturing process.  You just need to use the EPL parts for the orbital building or launchpad.  The MKS parts still have configs to be an EPL survey station.

9 minutes ago, Alshain said:

I liked what I read about the manufacturing process in MKS.  EPL is much more simplistic on it's own.  I don't care so much if it's EPL or GC, I've never used GC though and I don't see anything about orbit construction in it's thread.

EPL-MKS support isn't dead yet. It's likely the patch will be maintained by the community into the future and the parts be spun off into a separate download once depreciated so you can continue to use MKS' manufacturing process with it. GC (Ground Construction) doesn't offer orbital construction yet, but some day it will. How long the wait will be isn't known.

Edited by voicey99

Pretty much what folks have said (and to remain crystal clear).

The EL config is still there.  The parts will deprecate, but there are still EL parts as well as other mods.    If there are any config disjoints I take pull requests.  Whether the EL config remains part of the core download, or is put in an 'Extras' folder is 100% based on which path causes the fewest support issues :wink:

Edited by RoverDude

3 hours ago, sh1pman said:

Local logistics makes it trivial. Unless, of course, you want to transfer machinery or uranium, but  even then it isn't much of a problem anyway.

Perhaps I missed it, but as far as I am aware, there is not currently any method to take EU from a reactor and place it into EU storage.  The only way I know to get EU into a EU storage pod is to either use a nuclear fuel refinery or to fill it in the VAB.  I am not even sure it is currently possible to transfer from one EU storage to another.

23 minutes ago, Terwin said:

Perhaps I missed it, but as far as I am aware, there is not currently any method to take EU from a reactor and place it into EU storage.  The only way I know to get EU into a EU storage pod is to either use a nuclear fuel refinery or to fill it in the VAB.  I am not even sure it is currently possible to transfer from one EU storage to another.

Try out this patch I wrote, it should let you pull in EU from nearby kontainers with the EVA maintenance function.

P.S. When you first said EU I though you meant EC as EU was the abbreviation for the power system in a Minecraft mod I used to use and spent longer than I should have to see whether it was possible. :/

Which USI pack are the modular storage racks in?

I installed all USI stuff except asteroid recycling.

I had it all working in 1.2 but remember there was a problem back then too to get it to show up. Now I cleaned out the GameData and installed mods but the storage racks dont show up under "Payload". And in the life support section the greenhouses and converter does not show up either.

I need the storage racks and the "mulch" containers to throw the trash in so the kerbals can hold on to it until they get to a base where they can unload the trash and load supplies.

In 1.2 USI stuff was on ALL my ships if only a little round container with a red stripe still counts :).

So now I am installing mods for 1.3 and rand into the same pit once again. No modular storage racks and when they do not show up every other USI part that is supposed to go into these storage racks also do not appear.

Question : Where are they? Is there a particular order to install USI stuff. I only have USI stuff installed now cause this is really important to get to work I can not live without life support, green houses, and algie farms ... I just need to be able to store the trash !!!

Which USI pack contains the racks? ( I might the be able to test various mod install sequences )

----- Request Complaint

At least the inline tanks show up. But mulch storage space is tiny. Can you pleeeeaaaaaaaaase add

a inline mulch container to store mulch in.

================================

Now when you do NOT give us such a tank AND if the modular storage does not show up .... we have to dump the trash overboard ... and then it becomes lossy not a closed loop.

5 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Not without a code change.

To further this: While running down an unrelated issue, I found some code in @Snark's Indicator Lights which grabs the installed professions and their effects: https://github.com/KSPSnark/IndicatorLights/blob/master/src/Kerbals.cs  (I also added that link to the issue.)  I'm not quite sure enough of myself to try to merge that in into a PR, but it should be fairly straightforward...

@Maj Solo I generally split the resources in USI into two categories in my head which map out how they are stored.

Dry resources (minerals, supplies, ore, silicon etc.) are stored in the boxy kontainer parts

Wet resources (fuel, water, mulch etc) are stored in spherical or lozenge shaped tanks.

The red striped pack you mention is from MKS and stores dry resources. There is a matching part with two orange tanks on it to store wet resources (including mulch)

Most of the storage parts from USI (but not all) can be found in the Logistics tab in the editor (if this is missing then you probably haven't installed Community Category Kit) and come from USI Core. There are a few other more specific storage parts elsewhere (such as Karibou Crates and tanks in rovers) but most are in Logistics.

3 hours ago, Maj Solo said:

Which USI pack are the modular storage racks in?

I installed all USI stuff except asteroid recycling.

I had it all working in 1.2 but remember there was a problem back then too to get it to show up. Now I cleaned out the GameData and installed mods but the storage racks dont show up under "Payload". And in the life support section the greenhouses and converter does not show up either.

I think you might actually be referring to Planetary Base Systems parts.

I am unable to install this mod. I have tried pulling the game data folder from the mks folder and putting that inside of ksp's game data folder, I have tried putting mks's game data inside the ksp folder itself, I have tried putting the whole mks folder in the ksp game data folder and in the ksp folder itself, but none of these work. Sometimes I get a few parts but never very many. Please help this looks like an awesome mod and I have tried many times but I can't install it properly.

Edited by Rockets4life

22 minutes ago, Rockets4life said:

I am unable to install this mod. I have tried pulling the game data folder from the mks folder and putting that inside of ksp's game data folder, I have tried putting mks's game data inside the ksp folder itself, I have tried putting the whole mks folder in the ksp game data folder and in the ksp folder itself, but none of these work. Sometimes I get a few parts but never very many. Please help this looks like an awesome mod and I have tried many times but I can't install it properly.

You put the contents of gamedata into your gamedata folder.

It should be something like

gamedata\Umbraspaceindustries etc.

not

gamedata\gamedata\umbraspaceindustries

I have just updated to KSP 1.3, and installed the various 1.3 compatible USI modules. I am getting this error on loading:

1 error related to GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Patches/StockTweaks.cfg

The above error goes away, if I edit the indicated file by removing the second-to-last section:

@PART[FuelCell*]:AFTER[SQUAD]
{ 
	@MODULE
	{
		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Water
			Ratio = #$../INPUT_RESOURCE:HAS[#ResourceName[LiquidFuel]]/Ratio$
			@Ratio += #$../INPUT_RESOURCE:HAS[#ResourceName[Oxidizer]]/Ratio$
			@Ratio *= 0.25
			DumpExcess = true			
		}
	}

I have no idea what impact this has. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hello, long time stalker.  I absolutely love this mod, thank you to everyone who supports it and helps it grow.  I had a quick question that my google-fu couldnt solve.  When I attach the flexotube, there is a "pump here" option.  What does it do?

30 minutes ago, RiceCakes85 said:

Hello, long time stalker.  I absolutely love this mod, thank you to everyone who supports it and helps it grow.  I had a quick question that my google-fu couldnt solve.  When I attach the flexotube, there is a "pump here" option.  What does it do?

It's a carryover from KAS - basically it turns them into a version of the stock external fuel duct, IIRC.  That is: fuel will automatically flow through it directionally.

Hello, ive a question concerning HAB-HOME-Timer's.

Duna Medbay / Tundra MedBay 2,5m / 3,75m -> how long does it take to cure 1 tourist in each of em?

Duna Col / Tundra Col 2,5m / 3,75m -> how much hab/home they produce per h or day?

they use:

Medbays: 12 / 24 / 72 Colony Supplies per day -> is there a relation to calc "cure-values"?

Col-Modules: 3 / 6 / 18 Colony Supplies per day -> is there a relation to calc the produced hab/home per day if 1 kerbal inside?

[6-h-day]

thx in advance!

2 hours ago, Roschnicron said:

Hello, ive a question concerning HAB-HOME-Timer's.

Duna Medbay / Tundra MedBay 2,5m / 3,75m -> how long does it take to cure 1 tourist in each of em?

Duna Col / Tundra Col 2,5m / 3,75m -> how much hab/home they produce per h or day?

they use:

Medbays: 12 / 24 / 72 Colony Supplies per day -> is there a relation to calc "cure-values"?

Col-Modules: 3 / 6 / 18 Colony Supplies per day -> is there a relation to calc the produced hab/home per day if 1 kerbal inside?

[6-h-day]

thx in advance!

That depends on how long the kerbal has been a tourist(ie without whatever made them a tourist)

from : https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/wiki/Functions-(Med-Bay-and-Colony-Supplies)

Basically, the Duna part has a TimeMultiplier of 2, the 2.5m of 4 and the 3.75m of 12, and this is divided by the number of kerbals in the part.

I believe that means that if you have a single tourist in a 3.75m med-bay they should recover after approximately one hour of treatment for every two days they were a tourist.

I'm pretty sure that you need a scientist on board as well(possibly needs to be in the med-bay, not sure if they will take part of the time multiplier).

Colonization modules will affect all kerbals in the craft, if there are enough active hab modules, to cover all kerbals on board, then none of their hab timers will count down so long as the hab modules are active and supplied.(if you do not have enough modules, I think the timers are all slowed down by the appropriate percentage)

On 07/07/2017 at 2:18 PM, Terwin said:

I'm pretty sure that you need a scientist on board as well(possibly needs to be in the med-bay, not sure if they will take part of the time multiplier).

That or a Medic.

On 07/07/2017 at 2:18 PM, Terwin said:

Colonization modules will affect all kerbals in the craft, if there are enough active hab modules, to cover all kerbals on board, then none of their hab timers will count down so long as the hab modules are active and supplied.(if you do not have enough modules, I think the timers are all slowed down by the appropriate percentage)

How does it determine 'enough'? The desc of the colonisation module states it supports 12 kerbals, is it something to do with this (or is the desc false)?

Does the resource generation catch-up mechanic have issues with >150m local logistics? I have a small metal ore mining base about 1km away from my main base in another biome. The Karibou rover logistics and resource production are definitely working properly when the base is in focus. But when I go to KSC and run the time forward 40 days, it looks like no production has taken place in the background because both metals and materialKits are now 0, although previously I had a positive amount of both in store.

If I run time forward only 1 day, I get the correct amount of resources added to storage. 1 day looks to be time where all the metallic ore stored on my main base gets processed to metals.

I also tried time warping 2 days and materialKits storage increased but metals was now 0.

Am I doing something wrong here or could it be classified as a bug?

14 hours ago, siimav said:

Does the resource generation catch-up mechanic have issues with >150m local logistics? I have a small metal ore mining base about 1km away from my main base in another biome.

Which is it?  This is a bit confusing.  

41 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Which is it?  This is a bit confusing.  

I'm not sure what you mean but I'll try to explain it better.

* 2 bases in 1km proximity of each other 

* Main base has all the resource converters

* Mining base mines different kinds of metal ores because main base's biome does not have those

* Parked next to main base is a Karibou rover with a pilot

* Ores from mining base are pulled to the main base's storage and used by the resource converters

* Mining base produces more ore than is consumed by the resource converters. Excess ore is pushed to planetary storage.

* Issue: going to KSC -> warping time forward multiple days -> returning to my main base -> metals is set to 0. I can also briefly see that metallicOre is set to 0 in my main base and then it is again pulled from the mining base.

I'm a little confused by Local vs Planetary Logistics.  Not how they operate but why you would ever choose Local.  I feel like there is probably a disadvantage to Planetary that I'm not aware of, but I'm curious why you would choose the option that requires you to have a pilot sitting around in a rover for limited range?

I'm about to land a Gypsum driller 1km away. So should I bring a rover and a pilot or not?

EDIT: This is just a general question, not related to the conversation above.

Edited by Alshain